• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

The Blackhawks are Done

Rate this topic

So we have a member that verified the mural is real, I really thought it was a photoshop. Great stuff!

Oh, and superstition or not, I think it's retarded to put an award that they haven't won in a mural with a player.

Ok folks. Had a chance to drive by there today and check it out. At first I was concerned I missed it, maybe its hard to see, but kept driving on just in case. Sure enough... there it was in all of its splendor. Impossible to miss. I literally nearly caused a violent pile-up because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see. I regained control of my car and start at the painting in awe.

The mural towers impressively at least eight stories high, Jonathon's nose taking up nearly half of those floors. Folks... pictures do not do this thing justice. It has to be seen in person. Like the grand canyon or the Eiffel tower, this monument is a true spectacle to behold.

My mom and sister had a mother/daughter trip to Chicago yesterday, and also saw it - they blew up my phone with about 10 texts laughing about it :thumbup::lol:

Oh, and superstition or not, I think it's retarded to put an award that they haven't won in a mural with a player.

Agreed. It might even be a different story if it looked as if he was looking toward it, or striving for it. With his back to it it looks as if they already won it.

I concur. The whole thing is a puzzle for me. The mural looks terrible. If I was Toews, I would not be happy.. and then to add the Cup to it? What were they thinking?

Guest Lidstromboli

the cup would have been appropriate had the mural been for Bobby Hull

Man that is the ugliest mural I've ever seen!! Poor man-bear-pig! His legacy is now tarnished by being associated with the Hawks!

...btw, was the artist from Detroit by any chance trying to squeeze as much bad mojo as possible for Chicago? Hahahaha!

Edited by The Secret

Guest CaliWingsNut

Man that is the ugliest mural I've ever seen!! Poor man-bear-pig! His legacy is now tarnished by being associated with the Hawks!

...btw, was the artist from Detroit by any chance trying to squeeze as much bad mojo as possible for Chicago? Hahahaha!

lol

manbearpig is a hawk.

Stupid that they would paint a mural of their captain looking like a pig.

Even stupider that they would put him in a mural with the Cup, which he hasn't won.

I suppose they wanted to get across the idea that the team could win a Cup. In Detroit, we just would have put up pics from previous Cup celebrations, but I suppose in Chicago there aren't too many cave paintings left of their last win.

but toews hoisted the cup in the opening credits of NHL 10...he has to win it now, cause EA Sports thinks the Hawks won it already. but i guess to go with what you were saying, the video is in colour, so it can't be true. was there tv's last time the hawks won the cup?

They're at it again: http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2010/3/31/1398896/to-quote-eric-bogosian-in-under

Granted they have like a 90% chance of winning the division, but this is some serious bad juju, especially when combined with the pig mural.

Edit: Does any other team sell division championship stuff?

Edited by Echolalia

Ok folks. Had a chance to drive by there today and check it out. At first I was concerned I missed it, maybe its hard to see, but kept driving on just in case. Sure enough... there it was in all of its splendor. Impossible to miss. I literally nearly caused a violent pile-up because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see. I regained control of my car and start at the painting in awe.

The mural towers impressively at least eight stories high, Jonathon's nose taking up nearly half of those floors. Folks... pictures do not do this thing justice. It has to be seen in person. Like the grand canyon or the Eiffel tower, this monument is a true spectacle to behold.

Now I'm excited, can't wait to see it.