• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

Oh, and superstition or not, I think it's retarded to put an award that they haven't won in a mural with a player.

Agreed. It might even be a different story if it looked as if he was looking toward it, or striving for it. With his back to it it looks as if they already won it.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#42 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Oh, and superstition or not, I think it's retarded to put an award that they haven't won in a mural with a player.

I concur. The whole thing is a puzzle for me. The mural looks terrible. If I was Toews, I would not be happy.. and then to add the Cup to it? What were they thinking?

#43 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image
WIN

Posted Image

FAIL

Edited by stevieisthebest, 31 March 2010 - 10:29 AM.

"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#44 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

the cup would have been appropriate had the mural been for Bobby Hull

Posted Image

#45 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

Man that is the ugliest mural I've ever seen!! Poor man-bear-pig! His legacy is now tarnished by being associated with the Hawks!

...btw, was the artist from Detroit by any chance trying to squeeze as much bad mojo as possible for Chicago? Hahahaha!

Edited by The Secret, 31 March 2010 - 10:48 AM.

#46 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

Man that is the ugliest mural I've ever seen!! Poor man-bear-pig! His legacy is now tarnished by being associated with the Hawks!

...btw, was the artist from Detroit by any chance trying to squeeze as much bad mojo as possible for Chicago? Hahahaha!

lol

manbearpig is a hawk.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

Stupid that they would paint a mural of their captain looking like a pig.

Even stupider that they would put him in a mural with the Cup, which he hasn't won.

I suppose they wanted to get across the idea that the team could win a Cup. In Detroit, we just would have put up pics from previous Cup celebrations, but I suppose in Chicago there aren't too many cave paintings left of their last win.

but toews hoisted the cup in the opening credits of NHL 10...he has to win it now, cause EA Sports thinks the Hawks won it already. but i guess to go with what you were saying, the video is in colour, so it can't be true. was there tv's last time the hawks won the cup?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#48 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

They're at it again: http://www.secondcit...gosian-in-under

Granted they have like a 90% chance of winning the division, but this is some serious bad juju, especially when combined with the pig mural.

Edit: Does any other team sell division championship stuff?

Edited by Echolalia, 31 March 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#49 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

Go Wild! Beat the Hawks tonight!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#50 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

Go Wild! Beat the Hawks tonight!

Is there a stream perhaps?

#51 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Ok folks. Had a chance to drive by there today and check it out. At first I was concerned I missed it, maybe its hard to see, but kept driving on just in case. Sure enough... there it was in all of its splendor. Impossible to miss. I literally nearly caused a violent pile-up because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see. I regained control of my car and start at the painting in awe.

The mural towers impressively at least eight stories high, Jonathon's nose taking up nearly half of those floors. Folks... pictures do not do this thing justice. It has to be seen in person. Like the grand canyon or the Eiffel tower, this monument is a true spectacle to behold.

Now I'm excited, can't wait to see it.

#52 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

They're at it again: http://www.secondcit...gosian-in-under

Did anyone else read the blog that follows? Classy.

The Hawks are still six points away from clinching the division with Nashville and Scum closing quick.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#53 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

I love the reactions of the posters.

On the plus side, I hope the Wings or Nashville can steal the division title now. That'd be a cool collector's item to have if they miss out, haha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#54 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

This might still be an accurate prediction. Pignose is looking away from the Cup and doesn't look too happy. Maybe he's looking at Hossa after Hawks have lost the finals to Trashers (another ex-team of his).

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#55 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Ok folks. Had a chance to drive by there today and check it out. At first I was concerned I missed it, maybe its hard to see, but kept driving on just in case. Sure enough... there it was in all of its splendor. Impossible to miss. I literally nearly caused a violent pile-up because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see. I regained control of my car and start at the painting in awe.

The mural towers impressively at least eight stories high, Jonathon's nose taking up nearly half of those floors. Folks... pictures do not do this thing justice. It has to be seen in person. Like the grand canyon or the Eiffel tower, this monument is a true spectacle to behold.

Hey can you tell me where it is exactly on the 290?

#56 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

What I don't understand is someone had to approve this picture. Did they look at it and think, "You know, he DOES kind of look a little like a pig. APPROVED!" Maybe the Hawks should trade for Tyler Kennedy. At least then they'll at least have SOMEONE that looks like a pig.

Posted Image

#57 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

This might still be an accurate prediction. Pignose is looking away from the Cup and doesn't look too happy. Maybe he's looking at Hossa after Hawks have lost the finals to Trashers (another ex-team of his).

or maybe they'll lose to the Senators

hmmm

Posted Image

#58 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

I nearly pissed my pants. How did laughing Rex get stuck in a dog..err..pigpile of Toews, and why the Habs jerseys?

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#59 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Did anyone else read the blog that follows? Classy.

They got their teams mixed up. scUM is U of Michigan for the haters.

They are right about the footsteps part.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#60 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

My mom and sister had a mother/daughter trip to Chicago yesterday, and also saw it - they blew up my phone with about 10 texts laughing about it :thumbup: :lol:

Your phone blew up from 10 texts? lol what a piece