• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_fan

Hudler done with dynamo

Rate this topic

If he tried to come back and still had a year left on his contract with the KHL, things would not be too pretty between the leagues. I highly doubt we see him until his contract is up.

He has an out clause, hes allowed to walk away from the contract after this season, theres nothing the KHL can say.

He has an out clause, hes allowed to walk away from the contract after this season, theres nothing the KHL can say.

Sir, apparently you have not heard of the Russian mob. Little Hudler better have learned how to skate faster if he wants to leave Mother Russia unscathed.

Sir, apparently you have not heard of the Russian mob. Little Hudler better have learned how to skate faster if he wants to leave Mother Russia unscathed.

He will just run through their legs, or throw a hooker at them, I trust Hudler can take care of himself.

Because the wings don't have:

Abs, Miller, Eaves, Maltby, Draper, Helm, Bert, Ritola fight for bottom six time already? This team doesnt need more bottom six players, they need scoring wingers. Hudler is a scoring winger, he fits what the wings need at this point, secondary scoring.

Besides who needs an enforcer when we have Howard?

Well Bert and Maltby might not be here next year. Draper probably has one more year. Bert plays in the top 6 anyways.

Downie has 22 goals this year and plays with a chip on his shoulder.Hudler topped out at 23 here and was small and soft. Downie is a guy you can put in your top 6 that can produce and could go smack someone around a bit if they take a run at Pavel or Z. He would be a great addition to this team. Oh yeah and he's 3 years younger.

Clarkson while not a top 6 player could potentially be one. He's the same age as Hudler has scored 17 goals for the defensive Devils with no real scorers on the team besides Parise. You trade Hudler for him and a pick to a team that could use some offense and the returns are probably worth it. We get our tough guy that can play regularly and get maybe like a 2nd round pick.

Is this a definite fact? I've heard a lot of speculation that he may, but not that he does.

Well Bert and Maltby might not be here next year. Draper probably has one more year. Bert plays in the top 6 anyways.

Downie has 22 goals this year and plays with a chip on his shoulder.Hudler topped out at 23 here and was small and soft. Downie is a guy you can put in your top 6 that can produce and could go smack someone around a bit if they take a run at Pavel or Z. He would be a great addition to this team. Oh yeah and he's 3 years younger.

Clarkson while not a top 6 player could potentially be one. He's the same age as Hudler has scored 17 goals for the defensive Devils with no real scorers on the team besides Parise. You trade Hudler for him and a pick to a team that could use some offense and the returns are probably worth it. We get our tough guy that can play regularly and get maybe like a 2nd round pick.

Cause, you know, Downie hasn't been playing with guys like Marty St. Louis and Steven Stamkos most of the year...

Can someone post the TOI Hudler had while he was here? Seriously it amazes me people still act like Hudler wasn't getting bottom 6 minutes and still brought second line numbers to the Wings.

Cause, you know, Downie hasn't been playing with guys like Marty St. Louis and Steven Stamkos most of the year...

Can someone post the TOI Hudler had while he was here? Seriously it amazes me people still act like Hudler wasn't getting bottom 6 minutes and still brought second line numbers to the Wings.

13:39 per game... 9th on the team. Finished 5th on the team with 57 points.

Who asked who you wanted?

Why is this guy still here? Anyone got an answer?

I'm still here because 1). I'm not doing anything wrong. 2). There are some people that actually comprehend that wanting high paid Steve Downie over Hudler is a pretty preposterous opinion and is most likely a joke.

Is that answer sufficient enough for you?

13:39 per game... 9th on the team. Finished 5th on the team with 57 points.

Downie plays 14:36 not really much of a difference. And he's playing against other teams better lines. Hudler got those stats against other third lines and on the PP. Hudler's a great player but I would take Downie and a 4th rounder anyday.

Downie plays 14:36 not really much of a difference. And he's playing against other teams better lines. Hudler got those stats against other third lines and on the PP. Hudler's a great player but I would take Downie and a 4th rounder anyday.

Again, look at who hes playing with in Tampa, no way hes going to play on a line that good here. That, and hes going to get more than what Hudlers making, I can almost promise you that.

Once again, he is playing with St. Louis and Stamkos. Hudler didn't play with the top lines except on the powerplay.

Considering Hudler has improved in point totals since he has been a regular on the team (while playing with 3rd liners most of the time) I don't see how you could even think to say no because a player with more "tenacity" is having his first decent year while playing with a forward who has 46 goals currently and another with 90 points (don't forget the Hart and Pearson trophies he has shining on his mantle).

With Hudler returning next year's roster seems to be pretty well set:

Johan Franzen $3,954,545

Pavel Datsyuk $6,700,000

* Tomas Holmstrom $1,750,000

* Hudler $2,875,000

Henrik Zetterberg $6,083,333

Valtteri Filppula $3,000,000

Daniel Cleary $2,800,000

* Justin Abdelkader $1,000,000

* Drew Miller $875,000

Kris Draper $1,583,333

* Darren Helm $925,000

* Patrick Eaves $925,000

* Kirk Maltby $500,000

Brian Rafalski $6,000,000

* Nicklas Lidstrom $5,000,000

Brad Stuart $3,750,000

Niklas Kronwall $3,000,000

* Andreas Lilja $1,250,000

Jonathan Ericsson $900,000

Jakub Kindl $883,333

Chris Osgood $1,416,666

Jimmy Howard $716,666

TOTAL $55,887,876.00 about $1 mil under the cap.

Once again, he is playing with St. Louis and Stamkos. Hudler didn't play with the top lines except on the powerplay.

Considering Hudler has improved in point totals since he has been a regular on the team (while playing with 3rd liners most of the time) I don't see how you could even think to say no because a player with more "tenacity" is having his first decent year while playing with a forward who has 46 goals currently and another with 90 points (don't forget the Hart and Pearson trophies he has shining on his mantle).

He obviously isn't playing with them all the time if he's getting 14 minutes of ice a game. I know I've watched and he does play with Stamkos quite a bit but he clearly doesn't play with them all the time or he would be getting more then 14 minutes. And St. louis isn't always on that line he shifts around. But either way if he was on their line he's still playing against other teams top lines, something Huds never did here because hes small and weak defensively.

He obviously isn't playing with them all the time if he's getting 14 minutes of ice a game. I know I've watched and he does play with Stamkos quite a bit but he clearly doesn't play with them all the time or he would be getting more then 14 minutes. And St. louis isn't always on that line he shifts around. But either way if he was on their line he's still playing against other teams top lines, something Huds never did here because hes small and weak defensively.

For starters, if he is playing LESS time than Stamkos and St. Louis, that would mean the pair are not playing with Downie every shift. Which would mean Downie would be on the bench.

Secondly, whether you are up against the other team's top lines is irrelevant if you have a possible 50 goal scorer and a 90+ point Hart and Pearson winner on either side of you. Hudler never had anything close to that and Downie wouldn't have anything like that on the Wings.

Thirdly, what makes you think Downie has any more defensive abilities than Hudler? (also don't give me the size balogna, since he scored 57 points regardless)

Finally we can't forget the possibility that Tampa will not likely part with Downie, and that Hudler belongs to the Wings when he comes back. Would be silly to say no to a player who chose not to go to a competing club and stick with the team after leaving for Russia for a couple years, no?

There is nothing that would cause a rational GM to take Downie over Hudler.

For starters, if he is playing LESS time than Stamkos and St. Louis, that would mean the pair are not playing with Downie every shift. Which would mean Downie would be on the bench.

Secondly, whether you are up against the other team's top lines is irrelevant if you have a possible 50 goal scorer and a 90+ point Hart and Pearson winner on either side of you. Hudler never had anything close to that and Downie wouldn't have anything like that on the Wings.

Thirdly, what makes you think Downie has any more defensive abilities than Hudler? (also don't give me the size balogna, since he scored 57 points regardless)

Finally we can't forget the possibility that Tampa will not likely part with Downie, and that Hudler belongs to the Wings when he comes back. Would be silly to say no to a player who chose not to go to a competing club and stick with the team after leaving for Russia for a couple years, no?

There is nothing that would cause a rational GM to take Downie over Hudler.

Besides the fact that he's 3 years younger, is putting up just as many points as Hudler in his second season in the NHL, and plays with a chip on his shoulder that the Wings could really need.

Besides the fact that he's 3 years younger, is putting up just as many points as Hudler in his second season in the NHL, and plays with a chip on his shoulder that the Wings could really need.

And once again the fact he has been playing with Stamkos and St. Louis is ignored...

I don't see how you could say you'd be happier with Hudler here than Downie....

Did I not make myself clear when I explained why Hudler is a better option than Downie? A player who has been CONSISTENTLY getting better with 3rd line minutes (and 3rd line teammates) over a player who gets to line up with a 40+ goal scorer and a 90+ pt Hart/Pearson winner (and hasn't even matched the point totals of Hudler's 08-09 season yet)?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Did I not make myself clear when I explained why Hudler is a better option than Downie? A player who has been CONSISTENTLY getting better with 3rd line minutes (and 3rd line teammates) over a player who gets to line up with a 40+ goal scorer and a 90+ pt Hart/Pearson winner (and hasn't even matched the point totals of Hudler's 08-09 season yet)?

He's lazy on defense.He's inconsistent.He chokes under pressure situations.He wants to be the star of the team but he can't hack it when they put him on the 2nd line.He doesn't know what backchecking means and he has never finished a check in his life.Downie is a much better fit here.He plays with a lot more heart and he gives it all every single game.

Yeah and Downie hasnt gotten better consistently? He's in his second full NHL season and hes got as many goals as Hudler ever had with Detroit. Do you think you know how Hudler plays better then Babcock? Maybe theres a reason he gets third line minutes and he's always in the doghouse. It probably has something to do with how he's weak defensively due to his size and never finishes a hit. Not to mention he wouldnt take a discount like everyone else does here when he knew we were handcuffed by the cap so he peaced out to Russia. You know Downie would never fly to Russia because hes from Canada. He's also physical and can play, something Babcock loves. Hudler isn't getting any younger but he probably got alot softer (if thats possible) playing in the KHL. Downie would be much better then Hudler on this team anyday of the week.

I obviously have no idea if Tampa would actually part with Downie but we're discussing it as a possibility.

He's lazy on defense.

And Downie is what? A potential Selke candidate?

He's inconsistent.

And Downie isn't?

He chokes under pressure situations.

And Downie doesn't? How many pressure situations has the great Steve Downie been in? How many game winning Stanley Cup Final goals does Steve Downie have?

He wants to be the star of the team but he can't hack it when they put him on the 2nd line.

Unsubstantiated bologna.

He doesn't know what backchecking means and he has never finished a check in his life.Downie is a much better fit here.He plays with a lot more heart and he gives it all every single game.

So you think Hudler doesn't try out there, and that he doesn't have as much heart as Downie? Based on?

jiri-hudler.jpg

Yup, no heart. No drive. No willpower.

Newfy: One good season doesn't define consistent at all (not to mention the fact he is playing with STAMKOS AND ST. LOUIS). And no, Downie doesn't have as many goals as Hudler.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Yeah and Downie hasnt gotten better consistently? He's in his second full NHL season and hes got as many goals as Hudler ever had with Detroit. Do you think you know how Hudler plays better then Babcock? Maybe theres a reason he gets third line minutes and he's always in the doghouse. It probably has something to do with how he's weak defensively due to his size and never finishes a hit. Not to mention he wouldnt take a discount like everyone else does here when he knew we were handcuffed by the cap so he peaced out to Russia. You know Downie would never fly to Russia because hes from Canada. He's also physical and can play, something Babcock loves. Hudler isn't getting any younger but he probably got alot softer (if thats possible) playing in the KHL. Downie would be much better then Hudler on this team anyday of the week.

I obviously have no idea if Tampa would actually part with Downie but we're discussing it as a possibility.

Ok, here are some problems with your argument

1. Cost, Downie even as an RFA is in store for a big raise.

2. Production, A peewee kid is good for 20 goals on a line with Stakmos and St Louis, if we pick up Downie how can you know his production will be anywhere near the levels its at now if hes not playing with that level talent?

3. He didn't take a discount? His production was better than Flip's but he took less money, he could have probably gotten 3.2 million if you base his contract on flips the year before.