• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hmm. I can't help but notice how you are arguing that we SHOULDN'T bring Hudler back because he won't help the team, using the fact that his absence this season noticeably hurt the Wings as a reason to keep Hudler out.

You are possibly the most logic-deprived member of this forum.

No I'm arguing that if he was brought back and traded for Downie that it would help the team more because we wouldn't have soft, little Hudler who deserves more money playing on our team.

You are possibly the worst reader on this forum. Either that or since we're talking about a soft, little euro you chose to ignore what was said earlier in the thread.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#142 T.OWingsFan

T.OWingsFan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

No I'm arguing that if he was brought back and traded for Downie that it would help the team more because we wouldn't have soft, little Hudler who deserves more money playing on our team.

You are possibly the worst reader on this forum. Either that or since we're talking about a soft, little euro you chose to ignore what was said earlier in the thread.

29 other NHL teams are looking for those tough and hard Canadians. Fact is there aren't many out there worth a damn, and we've proven our emphasis on skill and puck handling over size and toughness is the smarter one.

Because 29 other teams are looking for the Downie type, as an RFA/UFA he'll fetch more. Hudler, like him or not has shown he can give us above average 3rd line production for significantly cheaper than it would be to go out and bid with 29 other teams for a Downie. Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but Hudler is the safe option and with due respect, why waste time and resources looking for a player when we've already drafted and developed one.

Always always always try to keep your draftees first. Yzerman said it beautifully some years ago on the logic of developing a drafted core and then only dipping into free agency to supplement.

Hudler knows the Detroit system and players, knows what's expected and we've already sunk years of development into him. Yes he's small, but we could find toughguys in free agency if need be. We're not gonna score a Getzlaf there or in the draft because of drafting so low, but we could use ancillary scoring and another 2nd PP option which we'll get with Huds.

#143 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

29 other NHL teams are looking for those tough and hard Canadians. Fact is there aren't many out there worth a damn, and we've proven our emphasis on skill and puck handling over size and toughness is the smarter one.

Because 29 other teams are looking for the Downie type, as an RFA/UFA he'll fetch more. Hudler, like him or not has shown he can give us above average 3rd line production for significantly cheaper than it would be to go out and bid with 29 other teams for a Downie. Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but Hudler is the safe option and with due respect, why waste time and resources looking for a player when we've already drafted and developed one.

Always always always try to keep your draftees first. Yzerman said it beautifully some years ago on the logic of developing a drafted core and then only dipping into free agency to supplement.

Hudler knows the Detroit system and players, knows what's expected and we've already sunk years of development into him. Yes he's small, but we could find toughguys in free agency if need be. We're not gonna score a Getzlaf there or in the draft because of drafting so low, but we could use ancillary scoring and another 2nd PP option which we'll get with Huds.

It may be hard to come by but a player like that is worth looking for. Hollands job isn't supposed to be easy so why shouldn't he go looking for a trade like that? Its something that he could look into, I'm not saying it would happen at all. What I'm saying is that it would be better for this team to get a player like that.

The thing about Huds knowing the system, this year our third and fourth lines are playing a dump and chase style game which is more NA style and wouldn't suit Hudler. He won't be playing with Flip and Sammy again here, it'll be with high energy, hard forecheck to get scoring chances type guys liek Eaves, Helm or Abdelkader. Youre also forgetting the fact that Hudler knows Dynamo's system really well because he skipped out on his team this year. I would love to see him traded when he gets back, he could bring back a big return and possibly bring in some elements this team has been missing.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#144 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hossa was a rental and most knew that so no I wouldn't blame him really. Samuelson didn't take us to arbitration and handcuff us from signing a legit scorer but Hudler who we drafted and became the player he is in our system took us to arbitration and left on bad terms while he was an RFA. SO he is more to blame then the other 2.

If Hudler left on such BAD terms, why is Holland so hot to get him to come back, and why did Babcock talk to him about coming back while at the Olympics? Samuelson let it be known that he had made up his mind well before the end of the season to leave because, "Holland was not interested in resigning him but was focused on Franzen and Hossa." So basicly he told the Wings the same thing as he told the Swedish Olympic team, f*** YOU and who can blame him. He was ignored just like Hudler, neither player was important to Holland. Tell us how you would turn down 5 Million a year to work for 2.85..

#145 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Wait, when did Downie become anything more than a thug with good linemates?

The man has had one good season, in any league, other than that he has been okay, while breaking rules, bones, teammates faces, and getting severe suspensions.

He has a Hart finalist and a potential future HOFer on his line, and that is just St Louis.

And BTW I love the he only gets 14 minutes and Stamkos and St Louis get more argument, he must play with other lines. UMM NO!

That means his line plays with another winger half of the time.

Why could that be? Could it be like Cheechoo and Michalek and many many others, he is making a living off of their linemates?

NO, it has to be because Downie is so good, that playing him anything more than 15 minutes would be illegal, actually I read some where that the league told Tampa, if he reaches the 15 mpg average Tampa has to forfeit all of their games!

Here is the reason for this thread, LGW gets a boner for enforcers, Downie is a goon, who due to his linemates is productive. Seriously, next season I want to be on St. Louis and Stamkos line, I will play for free, and I guarantee you I score 10+ just by listening to Mickey and stopping at the net with my stick on the ice.

BTW I suck at Hockey.

The other reason, LGW gets a boner for Canadians, and Downie being a Canadien thug who probably shouldn't even be allowed in the league anymore, gets LGW a raging hard on.

Don't blame me those are just the facts!

I mean the guy puts up Sammy/Hudler numbers and is a god, while those guys were scrubs, hmmm could that be because they are not Canadian, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRITTTTTT!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock