Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Calgary Flames watch


  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

    Legend

  • HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts
  • Location:A2, Michigan

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

http://www.sportsclu...est/Flames.html

However, Colorado needs to pick it up. Flames are 4 points back of the Avs, but 8 behind Detroit.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

 

 


#2 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

    The Red Wing Ring

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Location:McMaster University (Ontario, Canada)

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Detroit Red Wings Playoff Chances:
Beat Oilers 5-4, playoff odds up 0.4 to 99.7%
:clap:

Edited by CanadaBoy, 31 March 2010 - 11:13 AM.

But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#3 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

    Legend

  • HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts
  • Location:A2, Michigan

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Detroit Red Wings Playoff Chances:
Beat Oilers 5-4, playoff odds up 0.4 to 99.7%
:clap:


:thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

 

 


#4 edicius

edicius

    Professional drinker.

  • HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts
  • Location:Budd Lake, NJ

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

And if you look at that, even if we lost the remaining 6 games of the season, we'd still have a 66% chance of making the playoffs. A far cry from the 34% we were at a little over a month ago.

ABV_sig.png

                     Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!


#5 mindfly

mindfly

    GRRRRR

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts
  • Location:The Multiverse

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

And if you look at that, even if we lost the remaining 6 games of the season, we'd still have a 66% chance of making the playoffs. A far cry from the 34% we were at a little over a month ago.

Hush hush don't even think about it :ph34r:

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

    Legend

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts
  • Location:Niagara Falls, ON

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

No playoffs, no more Sutters in Calgary?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.


#7 puffy

puffy

    Slightly Insane

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Location:Ontario

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

That's what you get for grabbing a bunch of Toronto Maple Leafs in order to make the playoffs.

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

    The Killer is Me

  • Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts
  • Location:Jerkwater, USA

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

These stats dont' make any sense.

They're only 2 games behind Colorado. How can their chances be 3%? It'd be more like 25% when you think about it with common sense.

For instance, if they win tonight and Calgary loses, then that'll make the 3% look silly all of a sudden.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 kylee

kylee

    Hall-of-Famer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

These stats dont' make any sense.


that's what i was thinking earlier.

the wings have a 0% chance at catching the blackhawks? sure, it's awfully unlikely after the hawks W tonight, but were the guys at yahoo sports just grabbing numbers out of the air or what?

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

    The Killer is Me

  • Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts
  • Location:Jerkwater, USA

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

that's what i was thinking earlier.

the wings have a 0% chance at catching the blackhawks? sure, it's awfully unlikely after the hawks W tonight, but were the guys at yahoo sports just grabbing numbers out of the air or what?


3% is just such a small number.

I mean I probably have a 3% chance of marrying some famous chick, but I think Calgary's chances of winning two in a row with Colorado losing two in a row have to be better.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 adubs

adubs

    Rookie

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

That's what you get for grabbing a bunch of Toronto Maple Leafs in order to make the playoffs.


Yeah... well except, you know... they've been better since those trades.

#12 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

    Pariah

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts
  • Location:Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

No playoffs, no more Sutters in Calgary?


One would assume so but who knows- it's not like they're riding on recent success right now.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

    Legend

  • HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts
  • Location:A2, Michigan

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

That 3.9% had to have gone up now after tonight's win.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

 

 


#14 soultrain

soultrain

    hairdresser of the sharts

  • Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts
  • Location:it smells like a cow ass Cali

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:57 AM

I mean I probably have a 3% chance of marrying some famous chick, but I think Calgary's chances of winning two in a row with Colorado losing two in a row have to be better.

dude your chances will go up at least 10% when you hit 10,000 posts!

#15 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

    Pariah

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts
  • Location:Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:23 AM

3% is just such a small number.

I mean I probably have a 3% chance of marrying some famous chick, but I think Calgary's chances of winning two in a row with Colorado losing two in a row have to be better.


Dude-- that Cali guy is right. 10,000 posts? I'm simultaneously sickened and jealous. Here's the kicker... how many were about toughness, grit, hitting or fighting? :cool:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#16 swiss_fan

swiss_fan

    4th Line Grinder

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

These totally stupids stats flourish everywhere, i have seen them on HFboards also. I just don't understand where they come from and since when there is a possibility to predict the future so. Totally stupid as we see it now: the flames chances are much higher than 3%...

#17 dat's sick

dat's sick

    Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:30 AM

Calgary has a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

Either they do or they don't. Pretty simple math.

#18 stormboy

stormboy

    1st Line All-Star

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

Calgary has a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

Either they do or they don't. Pretty simple math.


i'm not sure if you're joking or not. i know a guy who gets really irritated with weather people because when they say "there's a thirty seven percent chance of rain," he's all, "there's a fifty-fifty chance--either it's raining or it's not!" that doesn't stand to reason. there are two choices, yes, but that doesn't mean that each one of them is equally likely. like i said, not sure if you're joking or not...that's sort of a pet peeve of mine, so if you were kidding, congrats on successful trolling (intentional or otherwise)! :)
________________________________

go wings.

#19 Batigol2k

Batigol2k

    Top Prospect

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

I am wondering what program they use for their calculation...perhaps Microsoft Excel?

It might be possible...but I am not giving it a try...

Edited by Batigol2k, 01 April 2010 - 06:05 AM.


#20 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

    4th Line Heel

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

i'm not sure if you're joking or not. i know a guy who gets really irritated with weather people because when they say "there's a thirty seven percent chance of rain," he's all, "there's a fifty-fifty chance--either it's raining or it's not!" that doesn't stand to reason. there are two choices, yes, but that doesn't mean that each one of them is equally likely. like i said, not sure if you're joking or not...that's sort of a pet peeve of mine, so if you were kidding, congrats on successful trolling (intentional or otherwise)! :)



There's a 50-50 chance. Either he's kidding or he's not.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |






Similar Topics Collapse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users