• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Calgary Flames watch

Rate this topic

wow 10k posts in less than 3 years :yowza:

You can do it mindfly. :P

Actually, that makes me feel like a nerd. I need to get a job real soon, or else I'll have a 3.9% chance of being a somebody.

So wait, does this mean I can become a mod now? Or do I get a free lifetime supply of chocolate, like in Willy Wonka?

Edited by GMRwings1983

You can do it mindfly. :P

Actually, that makes me feel like a nerd. I need to get a job real soon, or else I'll have a 3.9% chance of being a somebody.

So wait, does this mean I can become a mod now? Or do I get a free lifetime supply of chocolate, like in Willy Wonka?

You've joined the class of Eva Unit Zero, Matt, Shoreline, Heroes of Hockeytown, Detroit #1 Fan, YoungGuns1340, Norrisnick, Puckloo39, HockeyCrazy3033, NeverForgetMac25, Edicius and SouthernWingsFan.

You're lucky 13.

You've joined the class of Eva Unit Zero, Matt, Shoreline, Heroes of Hockeytown, Detroit #1 Fan, YoungGuns1340, Norrisnick, Puckloo39, HockeyCrazy3033, NeverForgetMac25, Edicius and SouthernWingsFan.

You're lucky 13.

Oh, the ridiculous hours I spend on LGW. :nonono:

You know, I'm not counting the Blues out yet. If you look at Calgary's, Colorado's and the Blues' schedules, the Blues have likely the easiest of the bunch, plus a game in hand over Calgary.

If the Blues beat the Preds tonight and the Flames beat the Av's tomorrow, there'll still be a 4 point gap, but again, the Blues have got an extra game on the Flame's and after tonight, only one game against a Playoff team (Chicago). They need to win tonight though to be able to write off a potential loss to Chicago.

The Flames don't have an easy road in to the 8th spot. 3 out of their 5 remaining games are against the current top seeds out of the West. Tomorrow they play the Av's, and if they win, they're tied at 89 points for 8th. I think they've got a good shot at that one, which would be good for the Blues chances if they're able to pull off a win tonight against the Preds. After all, the Av's face top seeds from the division in 3 of their last 6 games as well.

The Blues need to pick up 10 points out of their remaining 12, but I think it's doable with their remaining schedule if they keep playing well. I think they've got a real good chance of passing Calgary in the running in any event, and if the Av's continue to slide, then they very well could sneak into the 8th and final spot.

Sure, it'd be a feat, but they did it last year. If anyone is going to sneak in, St. Louis certainly knows how.

Guest mindfly

Needless to say, Calgary's game against the Avs tonight is kinda a big deal.

Who do we want to win that game?

Needless to say, Calgary's game against the Avs tonight is kinda a big deal.

It really would be hysterical to see the Flames catch Colorado and knock them out of the playoff picture given the start the Avalanche had to this season.

It truly defied logic how well they were playing to start this season and now they're playing at the level that roster should be....and hanging on for dear life. The final day of the regular season can't get here soon enough for Avalanche fans.

I don't think it really matters. Personally, I can see Kippur alone frustrating SJ more so than the Avs could, but I don't think either of those teams has the chops to be anything other than a first-round exit.

I don't think it really matters. Personally, I can see Kippur alone frustrating SJ more so than the Avs could, but I don't think either of those teams has the chops to be anything other than a first-round exit.

The Flames haven't won a playoff series since making the Finals in 2004. I'm not worried about them being a threat if they qualify.

The Flames haven't won a playoff series since making the Finals in 2004. I'm not worried about them being a threat if they qualify.

Nor do I, as indicated in my post. I just feel Kippur could steal a couple games against SJ, making their road to the second round a little more difficult. Couple that with being "roughed up" more so (given Calgary is more physical than Colorado) and the Sharks first round could prove to be tiresome.

Sidenote: It's not as if the Avalanche have done a ton of postseason winning since 2004 either (2 total postseason series wins).

i am hoping colorado. i actually root for them a bit because of kyle quincey and ryan wilson. i got to see ryan wilson a lot when he was with the qc flames so i hope he does well and obvious reasons for quincey wanting to see him succeed. i know the avs used to be hated, but i like all their young guys.

neither team is going to make it far or play us, so i figure might as well root for colorado.

also would love to see calgary choke after how good they thought they were this year.

You're lucky 13.

Wow, I have a long way to go if I want to reach the level of these 13, and I've been here since 2003!

:lol: I was just thinking, with SJ and Calgary being the biggest choke teams West, the way for one of them to make it past the 1st round is have them face each other. One of them has to win!