• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Calgary Flames watch

Rate this topic

Wow, I have a long way to go if I want to reach the level of these 13, and I've been here since 2003!

:lol: I was just thinking, with SJ and Calgary being the biggest choke teams West, the way for one of them to make it past the 1st round is have them face each other. One of them has to win!

San Jose usually makes it past the first round. It's the second round that always does them in.

These teams met in the first round several years ago, with the Sharks winning.

Calgary is easily one of the biggest disappointments of the season. Good, solid team with the addition of Bouwmeester in the offseason and a Vezina caliber goalie usually bodes well for success. With the exception of Kipper, they grossly underachieved this season. The complete overhaul of the team midseason didn't help things, either.

The Calgary Maple Leafs miss the playoffs. Total shocker! ;)

They deserve it.

I still can't believe they gave Matt Stajan 3.5mil a season. He's totally not worth it.

Edited by puffy

that team needs to dump sutter. he caught lightning in a bottle once and has since done nothing. they have no prospects and don't have any early round draft picks this year. he keeps mortgaging the future for the present, but each year they fail to do anything.

Hasta Lasagna Flames!

send Sutter packing and send Iggy to a team that deserves him!

looks like JayBo was a bust too.

I wouldn't want to be in Calgary right now, that much passion/anger in the crowd for the remaining games... could be ugly.

Many reasons for the Flames failures this year, and boy did they all make me smile :D

It's a good day in this town when hockey seasons over early.

Sutter made too many mistakes. He paid a heavy price for Jokinen at the deadline, when he failed he was dealt for 2 bums from the Rangers. Now they're stuck with Kotalik at 3mil a year. He put alot of money in Bouwmeester who failed badly. His worst moves IMO, were trading for losers. I'm a huge Leafs supporter, but he dealt a 24 year defenceman who was having an off year for Stajan, White Hagman and Mayers. White and Stajan have been good, but they arent cornerstones of a franchise and dont know how to win. They traded for Toskala... and the guy they dealt him for who never got a chance in Calgary has posted these numbers in Anaheim: 5-0-2 GAA: 2.34 SV%: .925. Well done Darryl. On top of all that, he's got Staois, Sarich and Regehr all locked up for a combined $10,320,000. 4 goals combined, and not the greatest +/- ratings. Going into next year, the Flames have 16 players at 49.1mil in cap. They are screwed, unless they waive/buyout/manage to find someone dumb enough to take the bad contracts, this wont be the only season they miss the playoffs. If only they had just signed Theo Fleury back in training camp, could've fixed this all :lol:

I bet more than a few Flames fans and players are on suicide watch.

You're undoubtedly right. I bet some of them are heading into the basement at this very moment and testing the strength of their rafters.

I discovered a new favourite pastime when the Flames made all those trades awhile back. There were a few consecutive days where you could tune into the Flames radio channel and hear an assortment of Flames fans drunk-dialing in at all hours of the day and night. It was awesome.

*bump*

They are in an absolute funk this year, and there's something seriously wrong with Iginla this year. Just two goals and eight points on the year.

Wow old thread.

Iginla has been on the decline for a few years. The prevailing theory in Calgary for him having a dreadful year this year is that he's disenchanted with the Sutters and the type of game he's being asked to play. However, they still mainly blame Iginla and want him out of Calgary.

From a Flames message board:

"One of Iggy's worst game as a Flame. A -4 and 0 shots on net. He took a giant step back tonight. I can say confidently we would've won this game if he was a healthy scratch. He contributed below zero to this game. No one can defend Iggy in this game."

"Iggy meet press box? I think its time. 2 goals in 25 games? LOL!"

"Iginla has clearly lost all interest in playing for this team."

"it's fairly obvious that Iginla has lost all motivation to play for this franchise. every night he just mails it in. Sutter has to pull the trigger on trading him now before his reputation gets so bad that GM's won't take a shot at him anymore."

Heard some rumors about Iginla to LA if the slump continues.

I think Iginla could get a little bump in production if he was traded, but not that much. His days as an elite player are over. It used to be a well-known fact that you don't wake Iginla up -- you don't piss him off or you'll pay for it on the scoreboard. Now you can piss him off and it doesn't hurt you at all.

Does anyone else think Jarome Iginla - 7 years = Rick Nash? Both big, strong guys, good shots, trying to pull along teams that would have no business even sniffing the post season otherwise. The Flames made their one big run 7 years ago, when Jarome Iginla was Rick Nash's age.

Edited for math.

Edited by InKennyWeTrust

Guest Heaten

Jarome Iginla was a player that I loved to hate, but wished he was on my team. Too bad. I hope he turns his career around and finds his second wind. Power forwards elite-status are usually short lived. But I think Iginla has more hockey left in him, especially if he gets traded to a team where he doesn't have to the 'star' anymore. If Kings were to get him, I think that would make them favorites over Vancouver out west. That said, I think Kings would have to send a a million or two back to Calgary to afford him... so who knows.

Guest mindfly

Kings are already scary good, a motivated reinvented Iginla to play on the top lines for them... WATCH OUT... i have kings as a darkhorse for the cup