• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

awesome, just awesome. I hope the league is paying some attention to these parodies

and someone finally did it, I guess it couldn't be avoided.

mccarty3

#62 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

Datsyuk puts on a show in wrigley field. I know its not the playoffs, but it sure felt like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47o0obyeLDE

Better put, from Pierre's point of view: "What if Datsyuk hadn't gotten a burst of wind?"

#63 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

shouldn't it be "what if Datsyukian wasn't..." ?

Posted Image

#64 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

They actually played a Dallas Drake "History will be made" commercial today at the Joe. Very similar to the one posted here, only the end caption read "What if Dallas Drake never came home?". I liked it a lot.

#65 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

They actually played a Dallas Drake "History will be made" commercial today at the Joe. Very similar to the one posted here, only the end caption read "What if Dallas Drake never came home?". I liked it a lot.

Lame. They stole my idea and changed the words around so they could say it is original.

Better put, from Pierre's point of view: "What if Datsyuk hadn't gotten a burst of wind?"

As you can see above Pierre Mcguire is a dousche who is a commercial break away from Rob Ray coming out of retirement for a few minutes.

Man I miss Darren Pang being the on ice reporter on national broadcasts. And watching all those old broadcasts making all those videos I really miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement. I don't mind Doc so much, but eddie is lame.
mccarty3

#66 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Lame. They stole my idea and changed the words around so they could say it is original.

As you can see above Pierre Mcguire is a dousche who is a commercial break away from Rob Ray coming out of retirement for a few minutes.

Man I miss Darren Pang being the on ice reporter on national broadcasts. And watching all those old broadcasts making all those videos I really miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement. I don't mind Doc so much, but eddie is lame.

Yeah I was at the game today too and saw the Drake one, it was sweet... I it was the one from here until the end caption

#67 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yeah I was at the game today too and saw the Drake one, it was sweet... I it was the one from here until the end caption

So the video was the same, just a different caption?
mccarty3

#68 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

If anything you should be happy that your "idea" was used in a public setting for a professional hockey team.

Posted Image

#69 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

These videos are so cool
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#70 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

If anything you should be happy that your "idea" was used in a public setting for a professional hockey team.

Just looking for credit where credits due Doc

kidding of course
mccarty3

#71 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

Just looking for credit where credits due Doc

kidding of course

Humility has its due reward ;)

#72 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Ok so I am doing the video for Yzermans goal against the Blues. I am at a standstill with the caption. What do I put? What if Gretzky hadn't lost it? What if Yzerman didn't shake the Blues?

Any ideas are surely welcomed.
mccarty3

#73 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Ok so I am doing the video for Yzermans goal against the Blues. I am at a standstill with the caption. What do I put? What if Gretzky hadn't lost it? What if Yzerman didn't shake the Blues?

Any ideas are surely welcomed.

'What if 19 was just another number?' or maybe 'What if the captain didn't lead?'

Just my two stupid cents lol.

Edited by InKennyWeTrust, 06 April 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#74 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

All the inspiration they needed and then some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCwQothAtvI

I love that one. Great job.

#75 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

'What if 19 was just another number?' or maybe 'What if the captain didn't lead?'

Just my two stupid cents lol.

What if the captain didn't lead is good. I am hoping for more responses, I would like it to be a group effort since I think this is one of the most important ones. I read that the NHL was actually going to do this one but I got tired of waiting.
mccarty3

#76 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

I got a really good idea but I don't know how to make videos like that so someone else will have to do it:

The Zetterberg 5-on-3 kill. It absolutely has to include Z's stick check on C-Word.

#77 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

What if the captain didn't lead is good. I am hoping for more responses, I would like it to be a group effort since I think this is one of the most important ones. I read that the NHL was actually going to do this one but I got tired of waiting.

What if he listened to the doctors?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#78 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

People really don't understand how the video is supposed to work.

You show the aftermath, then it goes backwards into the play. It's ruining these videos for me.

Thank you Doc!!!

Some of the videos I have seen actually follows this logic but I have seen a lot that don't grasp this simple concept.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#79 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

YES!!! I was watching NHL Network cause they are showing the 1998 Washington Capitals Detroit Red Wings Stanley cup series... and they just showed his History will be made commercial!!1

#80 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

YES!!! I was watching NHL Network cause they are showing the 1998 Washington Capitals Detroit Red Wings Stanley cup series... and they just showed his History will be made commercial!!1

Who is his?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".