• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Penguins on Versus..

Rate this topic

I wish they carried more games on VS personally.

Hockey is hockey.

Especially when I get to watch an incredible player like Stamkos.

I see what you did there. Well played.

I can agree with hockey is hockey. More often than not it's fishing or some other tripe.

I was wondering about this the other day actually. The Pens are always on Versus. At first I was bothered but then I remembered that I think the Wings were on all the time last season. Maybe they have a deal where the preponderance of games on VS go to the defending Cup champion?

Hockey is hockey.

I agree on both more games on VS and the Stamkos comments. Stamkos is a stud

Hockey is hockey.

Hmmmmmm, funny, Crysby is the face of the NHL he has 47 goals and 94 points. Steve Stamkos is NOT the face of the NHL, he has 45 goals and 86 points. Both very impressive. Pretty close in comparison and importance to their teams. Here's the difference:

Go to YouTube.com and type in the words Stamkos Dive and see the vids that pop up. Now do the same for Cindy, type Crosby Dive.... yep, I would definitely rather have Stamkos than Cathy Lee Crysby... and he is the kind of guy that should be the face of the NHL.

Hmmmmmm, funny, Crysby is the face of the NHL he has 47 goals and 94 points. Steve Stamkos is NOT the face of the NHL, he has 45 goals and 86 points. Both very impressive. Pretty close in comparison and importance to their teams. Here's the difference:

Go to YouTube.com and type in the words Stamkos Dive and see the vids that pop up. Now do the same for Cindy, type Crosby Dive.... yep, I would definitely rather have Stamkos than Cathy Lee Crysby... and he is the kind of guy that should be the face of the NHL.

Maybe when Stamkos wins a Hart and scores 100 points a couple more years...

Guest Shoreline

I was wondering about this the other day actually. The Pens are always on Versus. At first I was bothered but then I remembered that I think the Wings were on all the time last season. Maybe they have a deal where the preponderance of games on VS go to the defending Cup champion?

Wings and Pens both have played 9 games on Versus this season, i.e. "all the time" this season too.

Did anyone bother to check the schedule before making one sided suggestions? No, let's just whine about the Pens cuz it's cool to do.

Edited by Shoreline

Wings and Pens both have played 9 games on Versus this season, i.e. "all the time" this season too.

Did anyone bother to check the schedule before making one sided suggestions? No, let's just whine about the Pens cuz it's cool to do.

This.

The Penguins bring ratings. The Wings bring ratings. The Hawks and Caps also bring in ratings. That is why they are always on.

Honestly, some people need to stop drinking the haterade, step back, and take a look at the entire situation. It's a lot better than being bitter because the Penguins are on VS again.

Also, VS stated that they were going to broadcast a number of games this and next week to hype up the playoffs a bit. That's why it was an FSN feed and not an actual VS broadcast.

Maybe when Stamkos wins a Hart and scores 100 points a couple more years...

Nah.... How many Harts did Yzerman or Lidstrom win again? Besides, Marty Broduer desered the hArt that season, they only gave Crysbythe Hart because he was the "KID" the Face of the NHL, oh yah, and Gary Buttman's teenage lover. Give me Stamkos today over Crysby ANYDAY... ZERO tolerance for baby s*** in the NHL... he needs to grow up, but he has always been pampered, never had to work for anything, so why should he? He'll be a spoiled brat his entire career, I just hope someone concusses him soon (ala Eric Lindros) so we can watch him turn into a big pile of goo...

It's honestly getting more annoying coming to LGW and seeing threads about people butthurt about Crosby than anything he's doing. If you recall the last time we played the Penguins, we won in convincing fashion and made Crosby look like a little punkass, yet everyone still complains about him. Give it a rest. Nothing any of you say is going to change anything.

This.

The Penguins bring ratings. The Wings bring ratings. The Hawks and Caps also bring in ratings. That is why they are always on.

Honestly, some people need to stop drinking the haterade, step back, and take a look at the entire situation. It's a lot better than being bitter because the Penguins are on VS again.

Also, VS stated that they were going to broadcast a number of games this and next week to hype up the playoffs a bit. That's why it was an FSN feed and not an actual VS broadcast.

This x 100

Like them or hate them, the Penguins bring ratings, and when you are a TV network trying to get ratings, why not show the team that is most likely to get you high ratings.

The Penguins/Wings game last Monday was the highest rated regular season game in the history of Versus, it's not that complicated. It's the same reason why Washington is always on NHL Network and the Leafs have the national game on CBC HNIC every Saturday, TV is about ratings, and popular teams bring in ratings.

As far as marketing goes, I agree that the league should do a better job of showcasing talented players like Stamkos, Parise, the Sedins, etc. but why should they place less focus on the stars they already know bring in the big bucks.

When I heard the Penguins were on Versus tonight, my initial reaction was, "why does that not surprise me", but I cannot understand why people are so bitter about it.

It's honestly getting more annoying coming to LGW and seeing threads about people butthurt about Crosby than anything he's doing. If you recall the last time we played the Penguins, we won in convincing fashion and made Crosby look like a little punkass, yet everyone still complains about him. Give it a rest. Nothing any of you say is going to change anything.

Amen, and every time He Who Should Not Be Named is mentioned, it brings out the attention-grabbing trolls who feed on those posts like a bunch of egomaniacal hyenas. Not worth it.

Hockey is hockey.

I'm liking the new and improved Carman. :thumbup:

I opened a Stamkos rookie jersey card last year so I'm all about people furthering his appreciation around the league. That card would be worth hundreds of dollars as a C-diggity-fresh card so please keep pumping the price up for me*. :cool:

* yes, I assume that Carman is responsible for fluctuations in the hockey card market.

Every time NBC or Versus shows a Pens game, there seems to be an outcry from this board, it's getting extremely stupid and ignorant of facts to be honest. Firstly, yet, Versus shows more Pens games than any other team, but why wouldn't they? The Pens just won the cup and they bring ratings. HOWEVER, it's not like they show that many more games than other teams, here is their schedule (just isolating on the top teams, not the entire league):

PIT - 11

CHI - 10

DET - 9

WSH - 9

NYR - 9

BOS - 8

BUF - 8

PHI - 8

MIN - 8

I don't see a whole heck of a lot to complain about regarding that schedule. Some people need to get away from the blind hatred towards the Pens and get more facts.

Regarding NBC, here's their schedule:

DET - 4

CHI - 3

WSH - 3

PIT - 3

PHI - 3

BOS - 3

NYR - 1

Hmmmm, should we start discussing how NBC is obviously pro Wings and how it is stupid that they always need to show Wings games? Of course not.

Wait isn't one of the biggest hits on Bettman getting Hockey on national TV, now we are going to complain about what teams they choose?

In case you forgot that is the Defending Champs, and in my opinion defending champs should always be on national TV more than any others.

This is another example of this boards new infatuation with just being pissed off, pissed off it is not the wings, pissed off it is Crosby or the Pens, pissed off if some one says Chicago is better, pissed off when Z is not mentioned for Calder, pissed off all of the time for no reason.

I have an idea, just watch the friggin game, you may find out you enjoy it.

When I saw that was the game they decided to show, I was kind of pissed, mostly because it was Tampa Bay. Then I realized I've never really seen Stamkos play. It was kind of refreshing to see a team getting tv time that you normally don't see.