• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

Wings need a change of jersey

Rate this topic

After all this time, I think the Wings really need to get with the times and update their look.

Perhaps they could add something with black in it for the intimidation factor.

Red is fine and they could keep it as an accent color, but it's gotten old.

I think a black home jersey, change the logo, and maybe a red third jersey just for throwback's sake would be best.

Lose the outdated look and get with the times.

For too long, they've looked like a team from the 1950's.

Old-time used to look good, but this is the 21st century.

Or, they could add a black and silver third jersey to help with merchandise sales.

Long overdue for this, if you ask me.

So, what do you think?

Guest mindfly

We're orignal six, we're better than eveyone else, we'll stay the same.. oi oi

And besides they did change it a bit some years ago by adding a bigger winged wheel logo.. and maybe some more.

Edited by mindfly

I am glad someone else finally said it, Red Wings need a change. I am so effing tired of the crappy wheel with a wing. I mean WTF kind of logo is that? I am also in favor of changing the name... When I see "Red Wings" I think of a used maxi pad. :blink:

After all this time, I think the Wings really need to get with the times and update their look.

I think a black home jersey, change the logo, and maybe a red third jersey just for throwback's sake would be best.

Or, they could add a black and silver third jersey to help with merchandise sales.

So, what do you think?

Tradition. That's what makes a great team. I suppose Toronto, Montreal and N.Y. Rangers should add black to their sweaters as well. But they don't, nor do I hope they ever do. The Lions let Matt Millen add black, because he played for the Raiders. Which was a dumb thing to do. You don't see Green Bay, Chicago or Minnesota changing their jerseys. The Red Wing sweater is steeped in history and tradition, and that's the way it should be.

Tradition. That's what makes a great team. I suppose Toronto, Montreal and N.Y. Rangers should add black to their sweaters as well. But they don't, nor do I hope they ever do. The Lions let Matt Millen add black, because he played for the Raiders. Which was a dumb thing to do. You don't see Green Bay, Chicago or Minnesota changing their jerseys. The Red Wing sweater is steeped in history and tradition, and that's the way it should be.

If that was the case, Toronto should of stayed in the West... Tradition my arse... WTH does football have to do with this?

So, what do you think?

April Fool??? (I hope)

Personally, I think the whole team name needs an overhaul. Maybe something more in the vein of wildlife. Detroit Sea Otters? Detroit Walruses? Aquatic wildlife is all the rage these days in the NHL.

The Detroit Octopi, or Stingrays. I'm down with that.

I like where this thread is going!

So, what do you think?

Illitch wanted to but the league would not net the Wings do it not even a third jersey, if you notice all the original six teams have not changed with the times but adopted alittle of the old with the new

New name: The Fighting Hamsters!

New colours: Puce and chartreuse

Personally, I think the whole team name needs an overhaul. Maybe something more in the vein of wildlife. Detroit Sea Otters? Detroit Walruses? Aquatic wildlife is all the rage these days in the NHL.

If it's Octopi, wouldn't it be Walri?

Go Detroit Fighting Squid!

Guest mindfly

Oh... april 1st joke... right

Today is the day you shouldn't care about anything on the internet cause it's all BS and jokes... <_<