• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cjm502

Griffins Bring In Lashoff On ATO

Rate this topic

I absolutely love this kid. I hope I get to see him play! :clap:

Mlive

Per the Grand Rapids Griffins' website, Red Wings prospect and Kingston Frontenacs captain Brian Lashoff, whose junior career ended when the Fronts lost to the Brampton Battalion in the first round of the OHL playoffs, joins the Griffins for their last few games as an amateur try-out. The Wings have already signed him to an entry-level contract, so Detroit made the move:

April 1, Griffinshockey.com: The Grand Rapids Griffins on Thursday announced that defenseman Brian Lashoff has been reassigned to the team by the Detroit Red Wings from the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League.

Lashoff, 19, made his pro debut with the Griffins late last season, tallying five points (1-4—5) in six regular season contests before tying for fourth on the club in postseason scoring with five points (1-4—5) in eight Calder Cup Playoff games.

A native of Albany, New York, Lashoff won a gold medal with Team USA in January at the 2010 World Junior Championship in Saskatchewan, thanks to a thrilling 6-5 overtime win against host Canada. The 6-foot-3, 204-pound blueliner registered two assists and a plus-one rating in seven games, helping the United States to just its second goal medal (2004) in the history of the prestigious tournament.

This season, Lashoff captained Kingston to a playoff berth, going scoreless in the Frontenac’s seven-game series against Brampton. During the regular season, he appeared in 58 games and ranked second among team defensemen with 27 points (6-21—27).

Is he any relation to the Lashoff that plays for Tampa Bay? The one who got tossed last night for boarding Fedotenko (though I wish it had been Crosby)

Yeah. Brian, our guy, is Matt Lashoffs younger brother.

Edited by cjm502

Yeah. Brian, our guy, is Matt Lashoffs younger brother.

Thanks. When I watched the game last night and saw a guy named Lashoff heading to the locker room, I thought maybe our guy was let go on waivers or something, but I guess I was mistaken. So our guy is the one that played in the WJC, seemed to have a pretty good tourney, hope he pans out as a prospect.

This kid sure looked good last night. Big solid defensemen - made up for some of his D partner's (Jakub Kindl) misplays. Can't wait til we get to see Lashoff on a more permanent basis.

:thumbup:

This kid sure looked good last night. Big solid defensemen - made up for some of his D partner's (Jakub Kindl) misplays. Can't wait til we get to see Lashoff on a more permanent basis.

:thumbup:

Everyone looked pretty darn good last night.

From what I've read he plays a pretty physical game and lays some pretty nice hits. He can fight, he just doesn't do it often. Sounds like a pretty solid prospect to me especially since he's good defensively. Kinda like a Quincy type guy. Maybe he'll fight more once he reaches GR