• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mjlee

Lilja Blog

Rate this topic

Found this through a link in Per Bjurman's NHL Blog - for those who don't know, Per Bjurman is the (only) US based journalist of Aftonbladet and though he makes his bread and butter from writing about Obama's health care reform and GM's sale of Volvo, he's a huge hockey fan, and especially of the Rangers and the Wings. He writes an often hilarious blog about the goings on of the many Swedish players and tends to get them to say things they'd never say in a million years to an American or Canadian hockey journo :)

I thought it would interest people here that apparently Lilja has blog (now in english too though he's a bit blunter in the Swedish version). Nothing earth shattering or too indiscreet but fun to read about the day to day of the NHL grind - as well as Lilja's apparent propensity to make bad bets with Zetterberg! Lilja's blog

I stopped reading when I saw "u" instead of "you". I am old. :(

Yeah, his writing style doesn't exactly put images of the Pain Train in your mind, haha. Still a cool blog nonetheless, always interesting to hear player's thoughts outside of the cookie cutter post-game interviews.

I stopped reading when I saw "u" instead of "you". I am old. :(

I had difficulty with that, but I pretended that "u" is Swedish for "you" and went on with it. I know it isn't, but it was the only way I could get through it. I don't know if he just doesn't know any better or if he is still suffering effects of the concussion.

Yeah, his writing style doesn't exactly put images of the Pain Train in your mind, haha. Still a cool blog nonetheless, always interesting to hear player's thoughts outside of the cookie cutter post-game interviews.

Is it covered anywhere that this is truly an official site? I am a little skeptic...

Is it covered anywhere that this is truly an official site? I am a little skeptic...

Well since it was linked from Per Bjurman's blog who is an official journalist and knows all the Detroit Swedes very well, then I'd say that the odds are it's legit. I doubt that he would bother linking to a fake blog - especially since he spoke with Lilja as late as just before the game against the BJ's and Lilja no doubt would know whether it was fake or not :) . And apparently Lilja told him he'd tell him about the Olympic bet with Zetterberg if Bjurman was 'nice' - there was also some mention of the exchange Swedish snuff being involved :D Bjurman being a known dealer of the stuff to various NHL players.

Guest mindfly

I had difficulty with that, but I pretended that "u" is Swedish for "you" and went on with it. I know it isn't, but it was the only way I could get through it. I don't know if he just doesn't know any better or if he is still suffering effects of the concussion.

What's wrong with u for you? it's faster to type and everyone knows that u is you so why complain...

It's worse when they ask qustions and go like "wuu2?" and "wubu2"

Edited by mindfly

What's wrong with u for you? it's faster to type and everyone knows that u is you so why complain...

I have no idea what those mean.

U and you and ewe and eww are all different words. They don't mean the same thing. It's like saying I would like you to come into my horse. It's only one letter different from house, but I'd rather not subject my hypothetical horse to the trauma.

It's just hard to figure out what people mean when they switch up words at will.

As far as Lilja goes... I hope he keeps it up into the playoffs. It will be a treat to see what it is like from a player's perspective.

It's fricking lazy. It's not a phone(which bothers me only a little less). Those two keystrokes must be tough on the fingers.

Save that s*** for the 911 operator.

I found his blog in Swedish and have been reading it with the google translator. I'm glad he decided to to it in English too. I don't really care about the typing, it's nice of him to do the translation for us instead of having the funky translation from those translators. It's nice to have the players perspective on things, will have to catch up as I have been missing out on checking it lately.

Guest Lidstromboli

damn it i knew i was missing something

~*~u GuYz R bEiN 2 PiCkY!!1!~*~

i'll fix it some more

I agree. I don't know why people make such big fricken deal about it.

It's fricking lazy. It's not a phone(which bothers me only a little less). Those two keystrokes must be tough on the fingers.

Save that s*** for the 911 operator.

What, you're now the fricken grammer police? Give me a break.

I agree. I don't know why people make such big fricken deal about it.

What, you're now the fricken grammer police? Give me a break.

Give me a finger. Then you'll have a reason to type u instead of you.

This is about someone who publishes a blog, I wasn't calling out anyone here. Seems you don't have a problem with that though.

Of course your welcome to put me on ignore, I'm sure at some point I'll get over it.

Give me a finger. Then you'll have a reason to type u instead of you.

This is about someone who publishes a blog, I wasn't calling out anyone here. Seems you don't have a problem with that though.

Of course your welcome to put me on ignore, I'm sure at some point I'll get over it.

Oh, the ironing.

Guest mindfly

"your" and "you're" seem to be the most common error american's seem to have, they are pronounced the same but means something totally different :hehe:

Edited by mindfly

"your" and "you're" seem to be the most common error american's seem to have, they are pronounced the same but means something totally different :hehe:

Their, there, and they're, all of which Lilja uses correctly, are other buggaboos.

Don't get me started on people who use apostrophes to pluralize. Lilja doesn't do that either.

All in all, Lilja is a good man.

Their, there, and they're, all of which Lilja uses correctly, are other buggaboos.

Don't get me started on people who use apostrophes to pluralize. Lilja doesn't do that either.

All in all, Lilja is a good man.

I agree with all you're post's on this matter, I hate when people make these simple mistakes.

Grammar is important.

I agree with all you're post's on this matter, I hate when people make these simple mistakes.

Grammar is important.

In recent years I've been re-educated in this matter and now know the truth.

It's definitely spelled grammer.

Oh, I'm sorry, it's definately.