• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

First when Fil went into the boards on the cheapshot and then again when Franzen blocked the shot off his foot...

I almost stopped breathing... scary stuff...

In a semi-related note, how does Fil get run from behind on a play like that and Methot NOT get taken out... I love our team and I'll take skill over grit and do NOT want this turned into an enforcer thread, but come on guys, stand up for your teammates! Bert... I'm looking at you...
:confused:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

Like you, I stood up and thought...%$#^, Flip has broken his wrist again...Oh Man. I wonder if the league looks at that hit because it was dirty.
I was so happy to see him play the next shift. The Mule looked like he really got strung but I wasnt as worried because he didnt go to the dressing room and he was smiling...phew.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#3 RedWings

RedWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

We had our dose of injuries.
That squad will be healthy in the playoffs, until win 16th :siren:

#4 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

First when Fil went into the boards on the cheapshot and then again when Franzen blocked the shot off his foot...

Nah. The hockey gods appear to be on our side right now. Franzen could probably get shot with a gun right now and be fine for the next game.

#5 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

I was thinking "here we go again" as I was shaking my head... Two totally different situations of course; Johan blocking a shot while Flip was cross checked. Retaliation was not taken due to the game being close and the current log jam/flip flop of standings. Hell, they basically blew a 4 goal lead the other night, what kept them from losing control of last night if they took a penalty.

What bothers me is last week Z was crossed checked like crazy and no penalty was called. Flip was hit/cross checked from behind and nothing was called... Something needs to change.

Edited by Rivalred, 02 April 2010 - 11:49 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

I was thinking "here we go again" as I was shaking my head... Two totally different situations of course; Johan blocking a shot while Flip was cross checked. Retaliation was not taken due to the game being close and the current log jam/flip flop of standings. Hell, they basically blew a 4 goal lead the other night, what kept them from losing control of last night if they took a penalty.

What bothers me is last week Z was crossed checked like crazy and no penalty was called. Flip was hit/cross checked from behind and nothing was called... Something needs to change.

How dare you suggest that Colin Campbell and the league's disciplinary system are imperfect? To change anything would be to suggest that Bettman and Co have not, indeed, brought NHL hockey to the absolute peak---indeed, the golden age---of its existence. That cannot be allowed!!!

#7 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

The better question is why was nothing called when the hit from behind was directly in front of a ref?

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

I wasn't worried.

I knew that if those two got injured, Meech and a returning Maltby would more than fill their spot on the roster.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

If you think Bert is ever going to be aggressive again, you're dreaming. That Moore incident messed with him in regards to his temper. It's obvious that he doesn't partake in too much extracurricular activity.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#10 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

I crapped my pants. I was like "oh no. here we go again." I keep checking mlive to see if they are actually hurt and won't play tomorrow. They can't afford to lose anyone right now.

#11 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

The hit on Flip was clearly from behind and should have been a boarding call. On top of that it also looked like a cross-check. I must have been delusional though, because I specifically recall the BJ announcers saying that it was "a good hard clean hit" or something to that effect.

I was sure he was injured when I saw it.

#12 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

yeah, between filly and mule, i sh** my bed like i was san jose!
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,834 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

Definately got worried for a second.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

In a semi-related note, how does Fil get run from behind on a play like that and Methot NOT get taken out... I love our team and I'll take skill over grit and do NOT want this turned into an enforcer thread, but come on guys, stand up for your teammates! Bert... I'm looking at you...
:confused:

:ph34r: This team has no room for guys who can drop the mitts. :ph34r:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#15 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, losing Flip would be bad enough, but if we lost Franzen our chances of winning the Cup would basically be slim to none. Thank God they're both okay.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

In a semi-related note, how does Fil get run from behind on a play like that and Methot NOT get taken out... I love our team and I'll take skill over grit and do NOT want this turned into an enforcer thread, but come on guys, stand up for your teammates! Bert... I'm looking at you... :confused:

It's not right to wish death or paralysis upon anyone, including Methot.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

It's not right to wish death or paralysis upon anyone, including Methot.

There doesn't have to be all or nothing... simply face washing a guy, getting in his face and dropping the mitts would suffice... Bert has obviously learned a lesson, paid his debts and moved on, give the guy some slack...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.