• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Did everyone else's heart stop?

Rate this topic

First when Fil went into the boards on the cheapshot and then again when Franzen blocked the shot off his foot...

I almost stopped breathing... scary stuff...

In a semi-related note, how does Fil get run from behind on a play like that and Methot NOT get taken out... I love our team and I'll take skill over grit and do NOT want this turned into an enforcer thread, but come on guys, stand up for your teammates! Bert... I'm looking at you...

:confused:

Like you, I stood up and thought...%$#^, Flip has broken his wrist again...Oh Man. I wonder if the league looks at that hit because it was dirty.

I was so happy to see him play the next shift. The Mule looked like he really got strung but I wasnt as worried because he didnt go to the dressing room and he was smiling...phew.

First when Fil went into the boards on the cheapshot and then again when Franzen blocked the shot off his foot...

Nah. The hockey gods appear to be on our side right now. Franzen could probably get shot with a gun right now and be fine for the next game.

I was thinking "here we go again" as I was shaking my head... Two totally different situations of course; Johan blocking a shot while Flip was cross checked. Retaliation was not taken due to the game being close and the current log jam/flip flop of standings. Hell, they basically blew a 4 goal lead the other night, what kept them from losing control of last night if they took a penalty.

What bothers me is last week Z was crossed checked like crazy and no penalty was called. Flip was hit/cross checked from behind and nothing was called... Something needs to change.

Edited by Rivalred

Guest Crymson

I was thinking "here we go again" as I was shaking my head... Two totally different situations of course; Johan blocking a shot while Flip was cross checked. Retaliation was not taken due to the game being close and the current log jam/flip flop of standings. Hell, they basically blew a 4 goal lead the other night, what kept them from losing control of last night if they took a penalty.

What bothers me is last week Z was crossed checked like crazy and no penalty was called. Flip was hit/cross checked from behind and nothing was called... Something needs to change.

How dare you suggest that Colin Campbell and the league's disciplinary system are imperfect? To change anything would be to suggest that Bettman and Co have not, indeed, brought NHL hockey to the absolute peak---indeed, the golden age---of its existence. That cannot be allowed!!!

If you think Bert is ever going to be aggressive again, you're dreaming. That Moore incident messed with him in regards to his temper. It's obvious that he doesn't partake in too much extracurricular activity.

The hit on Flip was clearly from behind and should have been a boarding call. On top of that it also looked like a cross-check. I must have been delusional though, because I specifically recall the BJ announcers saying that it was "a good hard clean hit" or something to that effect.

I was sure he was injured when I saw it.

In a semi-related note, how does Fil get run from behind on a play like that and Methot NOT get taken out... I love our team and I'll take skill over grit and do NOT want this turned into an enforcer thread, but come on guys, stand up for your teammates! Bert... I'm looking at you... :confused:

It's not right to wish death or paralysis upon anyone, including Methot.

It's not right to wish death or paralysis upon anyone, including Methot.

There doesn't have to be all or nothing... simply face washing a guy, getting in his face and dropping the mitts would suffice... Bert has obviously learned a lesson, paid his debts and moved on, give the guy some slack...