• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gnredwing

Osgood to start Sunday

Rate this topic

I hope Ozzie can get in there and prove he can play. If he starts letting some of softies in, Babcocks tantrum will be very entertaining. I always enjoy his mouthing of "get the fu#k out of here."

Guest mjtm77

The true fan: hoping his team's goaltender gets torched simply so he can rub it in other people's faces.

I wish I had your dedication.

Clutch: Hey, how about your mom?

grow up with the your mom

How do you know where they will be seeded? The game hasn't even been played yet.

:rolleyes:

Nobody is on Osgood's nuts, nobody in their right mind thinks he is going to start in the playoffs. The only people that are exaggerating in here are the people that have an obsessive disliking of him. Everybody else, whether they are big Osgood fans or indifferent, are carrying on like normal here.

I'm not going to get into the whole are you a fan debate thing. You all claim you are Wings fans. That's fine, I'm not going to argue that. Wanting somebody to fail though that plays on your favorite team - when he's dedicated a good bit of his career to one organization and doesn't have an attitude problem or is a jackass - is just embarrassing and pitiful though.

That's how some of you are acting regarding this. Absolutely pitiful.

I will never understand the obsessive Osgood disliking from some people in here.

Don't forget Jack, the 12 -14 year old demographic.

Guest mindfly

Actually Howard has been sloppy for some games now I'm sure Osgood won't be any worse... high possibility he will let in a softie early due to rust though, I hope he doesn't though :zzz:

Howard hasn't been sloppy. There have been some bad bounces and a few goals he was slightly out of position but sloppy isn't really the right word. Sloppy is Carey Price not Jimmy Howard.

we would have won that if howard was in net.

Would we have won that if Howard was in net on the second of a back-to-back with the team giving up 10 odd man rushes after he hadn't seen game action in over 2 months? No.

And honestly, Howard needed a break and hasn't looked great in his last couple starts either. The team played like s***, the team deserved to lose, the team lost. Period.

Would we have won that if Howard was in net on the second of a back-to-back with the team giving up 10 odd man rushes after he hadn't seen game action in over 2 months? No.

And honestly, Howard needed a break and hasn't looked great in his last couple starts either. The team played like s***, the team deserved to lose, the team lost. Period.

We very well may have.

This team for some reason plays really well for Howard. If they don't he tends to bail them out more often then not. Last week we gave up a ton of odd man rushes and still won. That 4 on 2 was brutally played by Ozzie and lacking fundamentals because you haven't played in a game is no excuse when you practice everyday. He seemed to get better through out the game so I'll give him that.

Guest Crymson

We very well may have.

This team for some reason plays really well for Howard. If they don't he tends to bail them out more often then not. Last week we gave up a ton of odd man rushes and still won. That 4 on 2 was brutally played by Ozzie and lacking fundamentals because you haven't played in a game is no excuse when you practice everyday. He seemed to get better through out the game so I'll give him that.

I felt that the team protected Osgood very well in this one. However, the goalie needs to make saves regardless. He gave up three goals on the opposition's first four scoring chances. That's really bad.

Edited by Crymson

I love how people who do not play professional hockey can sit there and say 'even though he hasn't played in 3 months it's no excuse". Practice is a totally diffrent beast then the actual game. I think Ozzie played OK considering how long he has been cold. Plus the team played like garbage...and just to remind people who say Howard would have won...the wings played better yesterday than they did today and he still let in 4 goals.

Doesn't matter, though. People will hate. People will talk like they belong in the hall of fame, and have what it takes to be a pro hockey player.

The reason why I'm saying this is people expected Ozzie to come in and light it up. I knew he wasn't going to, regardless of how much he practices (totally diffrent environment). Alot of things could take place: Confidence, nerves...getting a rythm. 1 full game in three months will not give you those three key things. This actually applies to ALL sports (I used to bowl...stopped playing when I was averaging 231, played about 7 months later. LOL barely broke 150. Took a couple of weeks to get back into the groove).

Anyway, kudos to Ozzie for finishing the game strong (he DID get better as the game went along).

I love how people who do not play professional hockey can sit there and say 'even though he hasn't played in 3 months it's no excuse". Practice is a totally diffrent beast then the actual game. I think Ozzie played OK considering how long he has been cold. Plus the team played like garbage...and just to remind people who say Howard would have won...the wings played better yesterday than they did today and he still let in 4 goals.

Doesn't matter, though. People will hate. People will talk like they belong in the hall of fame, and have what it takes to be a pro hockey player.

The reason why I'm saying this is people expected Ozzie to come in and light it up. I knew he wasn't going to, regardless of how much he practices (totally diffrent environment). Alot of things could take place: Confidence, nerves...getting a rythm. 1 full game in three months will not give you those three key things. This actually applies to ALL sports (I used to bowl...stopped playing when I was averaging 231, played about 7 months later. LOL barely broke 150. Took a couple of weeks to get back into the groove).

Anyway, kudos to Ozzie for finishing the game strong (he DID get better as the game went along).

Professional and amateur is no different when it comes down to it. Where do you play? Just wondering what pro league you are in?

Fundamentals. You learn them when you are a a young kid. You learn advanced fundamentals when you begin to play competitively. These are things that should never leave you regardless if you aren't in a game situation. Being a back up you get a huge work out in practices. You get the brunt of the shots and it should only help you. Nobody is expecting him to be amazing but really give me a break.

Edited by zettie85

Professional and amateur is no different when it comes down to it. Where do you play? Just wondering what pro league you are in?

Fundamentals. You learn them when you are a a young kid. You learn advanced fundamentals when you begin to play competitively. These are things that should never leave you regardless if you aren't in a game situation. Being a back up you get a huge work out in practices. You get the brunt of the shots and it should only help you. Nobody is expecting him to be amazing but really give me a break.

There's a saying. If you don't use it, you lose it. With Osgood today, that was te case. I neve said I played hockey, I bowl. I average inbewteen 225-232(my highest HELD average). There was a time where I took almost 7 months off, but I did practice. I know the basics/fundamentals of bowling...been bowling for 25 years. When you practice with bowling the oil patterns aren't set up professionally, plus the evirionment isn't competitive (that can never be emulated). I practiced for a good 3 weeks and was doing fine until I hit the league. I was averaging 153 for 2 weeks. Evertually it went up dramatically, but it took me 2 weeks of bowling (was a small tourny). Eventually I was back to form and tearing it up.

What does this have to do with hockey? Even though the sport is diffrent, the same rules apply to all sports. Need to play the actual game (contrary to popular belief, practice just helps with basics. Never does practice feel or even comes close to the actual game). You sit cold in any sport you begin to doubt yourself. Your nerves and cofidence are probably shot, and your game reading abilities are fuzzy at best. 1 game in almost 3 months in ANY sport in ANY position, regardless of practice, you are not going to play well. Period.

Edited by Dynheart

There's a saying. If you don't use it, you lose it. With Osgood today, that was te case. I neve said I played hockey, I bowl. I average inbewteen 225-232(my highest HELD average). There was a time where I took almost 7 months off, but I did practice. I know the basics/fundamentals of bowling...been bowling for 25 years. When you practice with bowling the oil patterns aren't set up professionally, plus the evirionment isn't competitive (that can never be emulated). I practiced for a good 3 weeks and was doing fine until I hit the league. I was averaging 153 for 2 weeks. Evertually it went up dramatically, but it took me 2 weeks of bowling (was a small tourny). Eventually I was back to form and tearing it up.

What does this have to do with hockey? Even though the sport is diffrent, the same rules apply to all sports. Need to play the actual game (contrary to popular belief, practice just helps with basics. Never does practice feel or even comes close to the actual game). You sit cold in any sport you begin to doubt yourself. Your nerves and cofidence are probably shot, and your game reading abilities are fuzzy at best. 1 game in almost 3 months in ANY sport in ANY position, regardless of practice, you are not going to play well. Period.

I don't think bowling and professional hockey are a good comparison. I mean, its bowling...

Just saying

You can not emulate atmosphere and game conditions. You are right about that. Like you said it helps you with basics. Angles are basic, situational decisions are basics.

I'm not saying he should of played great and I wasn't expecting him too. If you don't get game time then you damn well better take practicing more seriously because it is the only way to better yourself. 4 on 2, playing the shooter while 2 feet out of your paint while the defenceman is playing him too. He should know better.

He looked aggressive on Carcillos goal but his reflexes are rusty I'll admit that. Don't come out that far if your reflexes are off. You cut down the angle but you have no time to make the save. Play it save and in the paint. He should know better.

Like I said before he started to get the feeling back in the 3rd but his decisions in the first cost him. Somethings should stick with you even if you don't get game time.

Edited by zettie85

I don't think bowling and professional hockey are a good comparison. I mean, its bowling...

Just saying

If you read what I typed...Confidence...play reading...nerves...rhythm. Do these not apply to all sports? Golf? Tennis? Lacrosse? Hell even ping pong. And bowling at a competitive level is very detailed. I'm not talking about simply walking up the approach with a house ball and throwing it. I'm talking oil patterns, angles, ball speed vs velocity. release, and what angle your hand should be when you release so you don't to much hook into it.

My point really was that all sports include Confidence, play reading...the nerves and needing to get a rythm/groove.

You can not emulate atmosphere and game conditions. You are right about that. Like you said it helps you with basics. Angles are basic, situational decisions are basics.

I'm not saying he should of played great and I wasn't expecting him too. If you don't get game time then you damn well better take practicing more seriously because it is the only way to better yourself. 4 on 2, playing the shooter while 2 feet out of your paint while the defenceman is playing him too. He should know better.

He looked aggressive on Carcillos goal but his reflexes are rusty I'll admit that. Don't come out that far if your reflexes are off. You cut down the angle but you have no time to make the save. Play it save and in the paint. He should know better.

Like I said before he started to get the feeling back in the 3rd but his decisions in the first cost him. Somethings should stick with you even if you don't get game time.

I agree. He was getting better as the game went along. I believe the first 2 periods he was playing very nervously. When you get overly nervous, you make bad choices. When he settled down, he looked MUCH better in net.

Guest Crymson

There are certain things one doesn't forget about goaltending.

1) How to make routine saves. This is done in practice all the time.

2) How to play odd man rushes correctly. Do NOT commit immediately to the first player and go several feet out of the net. This is a common sense matter for a goaltender.

3) How to track the puck and the play so that one can move and challenge where necessary. Once again, this is common sense.

I've just gone over the issues with Ozzie's first three goals against. None concerned being rusty. He just played well below par.

Edited by Crymson