• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gnredwing

Osgood to start Sunday

Rate this topic

No, Ozzie won't take the starting job on one game's performance.

I think consensus is that Howie starts in round 1 of playoffs and if he falters, Ozzie is warmed up and ready to go ... can anyone say Brodeur, Luongo Canadian Olympics ... this will be Babcock's strategy.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Smart move by Babs. None of us knows how Jimmy is going to react to the beast that is the playoffs and while Ozzie won't be "warmed up" by one game alone, its a lot better seeing him get atleast some action before the playoffs begin. It'll be nice if the Wings' spot is locked up before the CHI game next Sunday afternoon and Oz can get the start in that one as well to continue getting his timing back if he's needed come playoff time.

:lol:

Sidenote: :lol: WTF is that?

Smart move by Babs. None of us knows how Jimmy is going to react to the beast that is the playoffs and while Ozzie won't be "warmed up" by one game alone, its a lot better seeing him get atleast some action before the playoffs begin. It'll be nice if the Wings' spot is locked up before the CHI game next Sunday afternoon and Oz can get the start in that one as well to continue getting his timing back if he's needed come playoff time.

Sidenote: :lol: WTF is that?

Just a good song that I think will encompass a lot of the reaction to this news.

If you don't listen that closely, it almost sounds like she's singing "Oh my god! Osgood's in goal! Oh my God!"

I think I see it now. Babcock wanted Howard to get the record for consecutive starts.

We have to admit, also, that Ozzie's going to have an different team playing in front of him than his last start.

Guest mindfly

Why play him against a highpowered flyers team? They figure their goalie situation is so bad so detroit will score alot of goals and they are in the eastern conference so it doesnt matter as much if they miss out the points?

mlive says babs wants ozzie to get 2 starts before the playoffs. philly is one, and i'm guessing one of the other games against columbus will be the other. cool by me....gets the rust off, as ozzie himself said. and like edicus said, its a different team that'll be in front of him.

lets see the "april ozzie" we all know and (most of us) love!!

SIDENOTE to federovgurl regarding your sig: also, i'm pretty sure more people in phoenix watch "days of our lives".

Nice to see that he'll get a couple of starts, but it almost feels like a waste. Nothing is going to change in two games rust-wise since he was given like half the season off. Still a feel-good sort of thing I guess. And Howard could likely use at least a bit of rest.

This isn't as much about Osgood as it is about Howard.

It's Howard's team. I love Osgood, but this is to just give Howard a breather.

Ozzy will do fine, Philly is struggling and if he can't outplay Boucher than I don't know what to say.

Give Ozzy a few starts then let Jimmy play the last two games of the season to get into a groove.

This isn't as much about Osgood as it is about Howard.

It's Howard's team. I love Osgood, but this is to just give Howard a breather.

Ozzy will do fine, Philly is struggling and if he can't outplay Boucher than I don't know what to say.

Give Ozzy a few starts then let Jimmy play the last two games of the season to get into a groove.

I believe Hartnell still plays for Philadelphia. I would want him no where near Howard, with the playoffs coming up.

I don't think Ozzie starts the playoffs. I think this is the year they try to raise a young buck in Howard, and let him take his licks (unless he has a meltdown like Legace). We need to develop a young goalie and this is it right now. I think the only way Ozzie plays in the playoffs is if Howard melts down.

Howard has been fantastic, but he needs a breather from the back-to-backs. Get Ozzie in, shake off his rust so he's in form.

Good idea to start Ozzie against Phili. Look at their fight cards: Ozzie vs. Waaaah. Howie vs. Crysby. Who do you think should be in goal? You know- just in case ;)

(Sarcasm, people. Don't take me seriously on that.)