• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

I believe Hartnell still plays for Philadelphia. I would want him no where near Howard, with the playoffs coming up.

I don't think Hartnell has the effort to play dirty anymore to be honest haha.

#22 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

High powered?

My thoughts exactly. There's plenty of terms to describe this years' Philadelphia Flyers. High-Powered isn't one of them.

Besides, the Legion of Broom doesn't play for them anymore. :lol:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#23 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

I don't think Ozzie starts the playoffs. I think this is the year they try to raise a young buck in Howard, and let him take his licks (unless he has a meltdown like Legace). We need to develop a young goalie and this is it right now. I think the only way Ozzie plays in the playoffs is if Howard melts down.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#24 BobRouse03

BobRouse03

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hopefully the Wings play well with Ozzie in net. I will be at the game and it has been quite some time since Detroit has won in Philly.

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

Howard has been fantastic, but he needs a breather from the back-to-backs. Get Ozzie in, shake off his rust so he's in form.

Good idea to start Ozzie against Phili. Look at their fight cards: Ozzie vs. Waaaah. Howie vs. Crysby. Who do you think should be in goal? You know- just in case ;)
(Sarcasm, people. Don't take me seriously on that.)

#26 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

good about time Ozzy gets some games under him, show the rest of the league that IF Howard falters then Ozzy will be there to have his back.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#27 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

I think this is a good move. Mustang Howie has done an awesome job this past run and looks like hes wearing down. Dont read to much into this however, the job is now Howards to loose.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#28 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

IF Howard faulters and falls on his face in the playoffs....( I did Say IF) then Ozzie needs to have gotten in a game or 2 before the reg season ends.. good Idea for Babcock.... Osgood knows we need the points...It will be good for him to get in.

#29 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

APRIL FOOLS!

*oh...s***. I wish I read this before I made my weekend picks. Oh well, he should be well motivated by now.

works every time

#30 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

Ozzie will get a shutout, you heard it here first. Richards is gonna take the boys clubbing and get plastered, but they'll soon forget the game starts at noon-thirty. They'll be totally unable to get anything going, except for Carcillo. He just looks like he's immune to alcohol.

#31 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

Well there goes our winning streak.

haha my thoughts exactly!

meh its a good move to see where hes at and our team. hope he does good. epically against struggling philly

Edited by brett, 02 April 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#32 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

Why play him against a highpowered flyers team? They figure their goalie situation is so bad so detroit will score alot of goals and they are in the eastern conference so it doesnt matter as much if they miss out the points?

high powered? wow you obviously dont follow other teams in the nhl..

btw, leino is part of their top line

#33 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

Well there goes our winning streak.

How do you know? The game hasn't even been played yet.

Anyways, not shocked that this has happened. Howard basically did nothing to suggest he should be taken out for a few games while the Wings were fighting tooth and nail for points and a playoff spot. He's young, so I don't see much signs of wearing out or whatever. And it has very little to do IMO with Osgood and moreso with Howard playing so well. Now that a playoff spot is getting closer to being wrapped up, it's time to "experiment" more or less and give Osgood a few games.

I would've been fine if Babcock continued to ride Howard even more given that he's not worn out and I'm part of the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp, but if Osgood was going to play, 1 of these back to back games was probably going to be it.

#34 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

I want to see Ozzie play four of the five remaining games, winning all in impressive fashion.

I don't care which games they are, but I understand the Howie vs Nashville/Ozzie vs Philly decision.

I would also like to see Chicago lose their next four games, while Detroit wins their next four. This would make the final game of the season for the Central division, Detroit at Chicago on April 11th, the division championship game.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,579 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

I think this will work out well. I hear Ozzie has been doing better in practice, the Wings are rejuvenated and playing well. Ozzie won't get hung out to dry, and if he has a good game a lot of that rust and shaken confidence can be fixed hopefully.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 ceebs

ceebs

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

High powered?

VILLE LEINO!!
I'll say this once and I'll say it clearly, Dumphy's on the cup next to Danny Cleary!

#37 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naQSB1Ozyds

Could you google and photo-shop slapies take a break? Thanks.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#38 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

This is just to keep Howard from getting injured - nothing more nothing less. Why expose you starting goalie when you don't need to?
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#39 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

Perfect time to play him to be realistic. I mean for god sakes Brian Boucher is in net for the Flyers. What is he their #3 goalie? Should still come away with a win.

Posted Image

#40 Winged_Wheeler

Winged_Wheeler

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

I'm not going to doubt Osgood on this one, if he has a bad game, he has a bad game. I'm not going to be too hard him given the fact this is the first time he's going to be playing in a non-practice environment in forever.

Prove all the haters wrong Ozzie!