• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

It's Osgood vs Boucher/Caron/Duchesne...You thought the Revolving Goal of Detroit was bad....This is abso-fricken-HORRIBLE in Philly.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#42 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

I'd love to see Osgood get torched in this game... so we can finally stop seeing posts from the few remaining fools who think he should be starting in the playoffs.

Edited by mackel, 03 April 2010 - 12:31 AM.

#43 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

I'd love to see Osgood get torched in this game... so we can finally stop seeing posts from the few remaining fools who think he should be starting in the playoffs.

The true fan: hoping his team's goaltender gets torched simply so he can rub it in other people's faces.

I wish I had your dedication.

Clutch: Hey, how about your mom?

Edited by Doc Holliday, 03 April 2010 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

#44 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

The true fan: hoping his team's goaltender gets torched simply so he can rub it in other people's faces.

Clutch: Hey, how about your mom?

I'm a Red Wing fan not an Osgood fan... he can get torched and we can still win no? I believe whatever hole Osgood digs us into Howard can get us out of...

#45 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

I'm a Red Wing fan not an Osgood fan... he can get torched and we can still win no? I believe whatever hole Osgood digs us into Howard can get us out of...

And being a Red Wing fan you should hope for the best possible scenarios, involving all its players. Osgood getting torched doesn't bode well for the Wings in any situation.

Like I said, you are hoping for a specific player to falter because you want the satisfaction of seeing those who believe he still can hack it as a goaltender in the NHL to be "proven wrong". By one game. One game where the goaltender in question hasn't played consistently since 2009. Your hope is not only completely unbecoming of a true fan but is also ridiculously stupid in logic. You really think Osgood's mettle as a goaltender will be proven by this game when he has been riding the bench for months? Really?

Edited by Doc Holliday, 03 April 2010 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#46 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

I don`t remember him being here during the playoffs, obviously his internet must of stopped working.

Also it`s good to see Osgood get the start, he needs to play a few games to at least have the rust gone if something happens that forces him to be our number one goalie again. Besides you would have to be crazy to think that Howard is not our starter for the playoffs and I hope his level of play keeps improving, but we need to have both goalies warm for the start of the playoffs to be as insurance. It's better to be safe in this case.

Edited by Zeowingsfan, 03 April 2010 - 12:57 AM.

The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#47 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

And being a Red Wing fan you should hope for the best possible scenarios, involving all its players. Osgood getting torched doesn't bode well for the Wings in any situation.

Like I said, you are hoping for a specific player to falter because you want the satisfaction of seeing those who believe he still can hack it as a goaltender in the NHL to be "proven wrong". By one game. One game where the goaltender in question hasn't played consistently since 2009. Your hope is not only completely unbecoming of a true fan but is also ridiculously stupid in logic. You really think Osgood's mettle as a goaltender will be proven by this game when he has been riding the bench for months? Really?

Don't lecture me about being a true fan. I'm a fan of this team and have been for nearly 20 years. I hope the team wins but I hope Osgood fails. Being a fan doesn't mean you blindly accept or love every player in an organization or decision an organization makes. Your definition of fandom exists in two places your mind and the hearts of Leaf fans.

I don`t remember him being here during the playoffs, obviously his internet must of stopped working.

Also it`s good to see Osgood get the start, he needs to play a few games to at least have the rust gone if something happens that forces him to be our number one goalie again. Besides you would have to be crazy to think that Howard is not our starter for the playoffs and I hope his level of play keeps improving, but we need to have both goalies warm for the start of the playoffs to be as insurance. It's better to be safe in this case.

I was here... reading you prattling nits assure everyone how Osgood was the reason for the season. Truth is he had a run of games where he wasn't the overwhelming reason we won or lost, which is the best that overblown 2nd stringer has ever been able to in his career.

Also good to see another Islander on here. Despite or differences in opinion.

Edited by mackel, 03 April 2010 - 01:05 AM.

#48 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:07 AM

Don't lecture me about being a true fan. I'm a fan of this team and have been for nearly 20 years. I hope the team wins but I hope Osgood fails. Being a fan doesn't mean you blindly accept or love every player in an organization or decision an organization makes. Your definition of fandom exists in two places your mind and the hearts of Leaf fans.

There is a difference between blindly loving and blindly hating a player. You are doing the latter.

I was here... reading you prattling nits assure everyone how Osgood was the reason for the season. Truth is he had a run of games where he wasn't the overwhelming reason we won or lost, which is the best that overblown 2nd stringer has ever been able to in his career.

The latter, my good sir.

Posted Image

#49 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

There is a difference between blindly loving and blindly hating a player. You are doing the latter.

The latter, my good sir.

His career would read like that of Patrick Lalime, Chris Huet, or Dan Cloutier without having played on powerhouse Wings teams.

#50 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

His career would read like that of Patrick Lalime, Chris Huet, or Dan Cloutier without having played on powerhouse Wings teams.

Except the years he played with the Islanders and Blues, they were not powerhouse teams and he still helped them to the playoffs. Osgood got the job done in those years and he helped us to the playoffs in 97 by playing most of the games, and won as a starter in 98. He's never going to be remembered outside of Detroit, but he played great during the 2008 cup run and in last years playoffs he would have been right up there to get the Conn Smythe had we won. Which would have been amazing to see after a bad regular season.

Also if there is only one reason why I believe Howard will not falter mentally in the playoffs and why he will not have a horrible sophomore season like many second year players do is because Osgood is mentoring him. Do I think Osgood will take the starting job back from him, no I don't and I am an Osgood fan. Really I just want him to hit 400+ wins and retire as a Wing with his name on the cup again. Next season I hope Osgood can get more games and play like he is truly able to and force Jimmy to be even better then he is this year to keep the starting job.

Like I said in my last post it's good to see him play again and I hope he has a good game and gets the win to help the team get farther up in the standings, and removing the rust from him is more to have both goalies warm as insurance.

All things aside, the playoffs are a different beast and I wouldn't be surprised if the team we play in the first round starts taking runs at Howard so it's best for Babcock to be prepared if something happens to him. Osgood getting games now is more about letting Howard have a few nights off for well deserved rest before the playoffs and getting Osgood ready if he has to be called upon.

Edited by Zeowingsfan, 03 April 2010 - 01:49 AM.

#51 Hutts11

Hutts11

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

I think you might be seeing Ozzie play at least two of the remaining games. If Ozzie plays good, then he plays good. Still Howard will be our goalie for the playoffs. Even though we all know how awesome Ozzie is when it comes to the playoffs!!

#52 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

While thinking on this topic I realized that there is in fact a way for Osgood to take the starting job. All he needs to do is input iddqd and the job will be his. :ph34r:

#53 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

I don't see anybody saying that he should be starting in the playoffs lately, so you are just exaggerating and being really stupid.

What the heck did Chris Osgood do to you personally in the past life to deserve the treatment he gets? Watching hockey when he was playing does not count. Did he make fun of you in high school or steal your lunch money or something? Seriously...

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 03 April 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#54 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

It's hard not to stick up for a guy who's been around so long, and a handfull of ppl hate so rabidly.

My call is Ozzie has 3 go into his net Sunday. I mean, how long's it been since he's started a game and the team in front of him played well? October maybe? All the WD-40 (so to speak) in the world can't fix that.
- LT

#55 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

As much as I would love to see the Wings continue with Jimmy in net, I really think Ozzie is overdue for an appearance. As the post above me pointed out, the rest of the team has not played very well in front of Ozzie when they put him net before. Now, with a healthy lineup and a team that is consistently playing well, Ozzie should be able to handle himself a lot better.

Prediction:

Wings (3) v. Flyers (1)

Posted Image

#56 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

I've never been an Osgood fan, however, he does need to get in a couple of games before the playoffs.

#57 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

It's hard not to stick up for a guy who's been around so long, and a handfull of ppl hate so rabidly.

My call is Ozzie has 3 go into his net Sunday. I mean, how long's it been since he's started a game and the team in front of him played well? October maybe? All the WD-40 (so to speak) in the world can't fix that.

two letters and a word: PB BLASTER! that sh**'s amazing!!
go ozzie, go wings!
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#58 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

Damn, I was hoping for the 5th seed. Guess we'll have to settle for the 6th seed instead.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#59 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

Just because you've been a fan for 20 years doesn't mean you're a "true fan". But, who are we to determine "true fanship" when the reality (imo) is that it's the heart behind cheering for your team that makes you a fan. I hated Hasek his entire time here; hated the guy his entire career for irrational reasons, but I still supported him as a Wing until he retired. I want the Detroit Red Wings to succeed regardless of who is playing in goal, if Howard falters I'm happy having Osgood take over, especially if he gives us a chance to win.

#60 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

i want ozzy to play crap just to shut up you guys who are on his nuts, ozzy is garbage.