• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#61 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

i want ozzy to play crap just to shut up you guys who are on his nuts, ozzy is garbage.

Posted Image

#62 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

i want ozzy to play crap just to shut up you guys who are on his nuts, ozzy is garbage.

Posted Image

Cool story, bro.

Posted Image

#63 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Damn, I was hoping for the 5th seed. Guess we'll have to settle for the 6th seed instead.

How do you know where they will be seeded? The game hasn't even been played yet.

:rolleyes:

Nobody is on Osgood's nuts, nobody in their right mind thinks he is going to start in the playoffs. The only people that are exaggerating in here are the people that have an obsessive disliking of him. Everybody else, whether they are big Osgood fans or indifferent, are carrying on like normal here.

I'm not going to get into the whole are you a fan debate thing. You all claim you are Wings fans. That's fine, I'm not going to argue that. Wanting somebody to fail though that plays on your favorite team - when he's dedicated a good bit of his career to one organization and doesn't have an attitude problem or is a jackass - is just embarrassing and pitiful though.

That's how some of you are acting regarding this. Absolutely pitiful.

I will never understand the obsessive Osgood disliking from some people in here.

#64 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

Why was Howard playing?

NVM, today isn't Sunday xD

Edited by Four, 03 April 2010 - 07:45 PM.

O.o

#65 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

I'd love to see Osgood get torched in this game... so we can finally stop seeing posts from the few remaining fools who think he should be starting in the playoffs.

I hope Ozzie gets a shutout in dominating fashion. However I will slightly agree with you on one thing; anyone who actually wants Oz to start in the playoffs for us has obviously not been watching Red Wings hockey (and more specifically Jimmy Howard) this season. If not for Howard, we wouldn't even be in the post season.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#66 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Philly is playing for more on the line than us.
I hope those dirty bastards don't injure one of our guys.

#67 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

win or lose, which better be win, leino better not score. that would just piss me off. ozzie better win this one.... we need this win bad to keep ourselves well within the playoff picture...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#68 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

I dont claim to be a wings fan, I am a wings fan, I do appreciate what Osgood has done, that doesnt mean i cant wish for him to have a bad games, its just that some of you think he can take over all the time and it pisses me off. Nothing mattered it seems, like the redwings were not stacked with players the years we won the cup, those years we won because solid goaltending and a all around beast team.

Our defense would clear are the garbage rebounds and not allow many shots on goal, our offense was so potent. You guys are acting like Osgood put us on his back and took us to the cup.

#69 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

For those of you who are of the mind "Chris Osgood sucks, Jimmy Howard should play 90 minutes a game" I have some information for you.

In Jimmy Howard's last ten starts, here are his stats:

W/L/OTL: 5-4-1
GA: 27
SA: 265
Sv: 238
SO: 0
Mins: 597
Sv%: .898
GAA: 2.71
SAPG: 26.6

And an inordinate number of the goals he's given up recently have been 'weak' goals.

So claiming "Playing Osgood will ruin our season!" after the way Howard has been playing recently is ignorant, biased, or both. If Osgood is stellar against Philly, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get two of the remaining games after that. If he gets a shutout in impressive fashion, maybe even all three. Doubtful he can do anything at this point to change Babcock's mind on who the playoff starter is, but he might earn a couple extra regular season starts with some strong play.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#70 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Those stats can't be right, Eva, considering the Wings are 8-0-2 in their last ten.

Posted Image

#71 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

For those of you who are of the mind "Chris Osgood sucks, Jimmy Howard should play 90 minutes a game" I have some information for you.

And an inordinate number of the goals he's given up recently have been 'weak' goals.

So claiming "Playing Osgood will ruin our season!" after the way Howard has been playing recently is ignorant, biased, or both. If Osgood is stellar against Philly, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get two of the remaining games after that. If he gets a shutout in impressive fashion, maybe even all three. Doubtful he can do anything at this point to change Babcock's mind on who the playoff starter is, but he might earn a couple extra regular season starts with some strong play.

Edit: Doc beat me to it. Eva, those stats are clearly made up.

Edited by Zetts, 03 April 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#72 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Why do we need to attack either goalie?

No reason to try and use stats to hurt Howard, and no reason to wish Osgood to fail.

Let's just be happy we have an experienced goalie as a back up, and a young stud who has played great all year.

Edited by Carman, 03 April 2010 - 11:19 PM.

#73 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Those stats can't be right, Eva, considering the Wings are 8-0-2 in their last ten.

Maybe he defines a loss differently.

#74 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Philly is playing for more on the line than us.
I hope those dirty bastards don't injure one of our guys.

This.

Remember that blowout 3, or 4 years ago against the Flyers?...Not only did they beat us on the scoreboard, but they also beat us up physically too.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#75 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

:lol: Where'd you get those stats? Howard's 14-2-2 since the break. Please tell me where the 5-4-1 came from.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#76 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:37 AM

:lol: Where'd you get those stats? Howard's 14-2-2 since the break. Please tell me where the 5-4-1 came from.

His ass apparently.

Wishing luck to Ozzie tomorrow. Hope he has a strong game.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#77 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

I hope Ozzie can get in there and prove he can play. If he starts letting some of softies in, Babcocks tantrum will be very entertaining. I always enjoy his mouthing of "get the fu#k out of here."
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#78 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:39 AM

The true fan: hoping his team's goaltender gets torched simply so he can rub it in other people's faces.

I wish I had your dedication.

Clutch: Hey, how about your mom?

grow up with the your mom
Posted Image

#79 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:54 AM

grow up with the your mom

Well I assume he grew up with his mom. It'd be tragic if they were estranged from a young age.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#80 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

:huh:

I don't think the Wings have lost 4 games in their past 10...