• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings4Life19

Can the wings catch Phoenix?

Rate this topic

At the time of this post Detroit has 95 pts with 5 gms remaining and Phoenix has 100 with 4 gms remaining. Phoenix finishes the year playing: Edm, Nsh, LA, SJ. Assuming the Wings run the table heading to the playoffs(doubt they will though) they would need the dogs to get no more than 4 pts, which seems possible considering all the teams they are playing are either fighting for playoff seeding or playing for pride. Since the coyotes won 9 in a row they have gone 1-3-1 and scoring 11 goals in those games(6 of them in 1 game) so they have cooled off. "IF" the wings beat NSH, and PHX looses to EDM today the wings will be 3 pts back with a game in hand. Its funny how 2 weeks ago we were hoping the wings would just make the playoffs and now they have a legit shot at getting home ice in the first round

At the time of this post Detroit has 95 pts with 5 gms remaining and Phoenix has 100 with 4 gms remaining. Phoenix finishes the year playing: Edm, Nsh, LA, SJ. Assuming the Wings run the table heading to the playoffs(doubt they will though) they would need the dogs to get no more than 4 pts, which seems possible considering all the teams they are playing are either fighting for playoff seeding or playing for pride. Since the coyotes won 9 in a row they have gone 1-3-1 and scoring 11 goals in those games(6 of them in 1 game) so they have cooled off. "IF" the wings beat NSH, and PHX looses to EDM today the wings will be 3 pts back with a game in hand. Its funny how 2 weeks ago we were hoping the wings would just make the playoffs and now they have a legit shot at getting home ice in the first round

The NHL is awesome like that. :)

I also think it is possible, but in the past few games I have started to worry that, as dumb as this is going to sound,could they be on too much of a streak? I mean will the boys be all "streaked" out by the playoffs?

I really dont think so, having as many long term injuries as they did, but I still worry lol

Edited by 13dangledangle

Only thing that will happen is that the wings will come back down to earth somewhat and start winning 2 of 3 at a time, which by comparison will seem like a slow pace... but thats still more than a enough to win.

Yes it is possible but i don't think its the wings hands, its going to come down to if phoenix plays the hockey they have been playing all year or not.

Its also up to LA as well as there are literally right behind us. *crosses fingers*

Edited by Off the Post

Regardless of how they seed, if they verse the Coyotes they'll have home ice.

Guest mindfly

Regardless of how they seed, if they verse the Coyotes they'll have home ice.

The ice, temperature, rink is different from JLA, they won't have last change, faceoff guy needs to put stick down first etc etc... they sure as hell won't be a home team in phoenix's arena despite alot of wings fans will attend.