• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Griffs out

Rate this topic

Now the Griffins have been elimenated from the playoffs will they give some ice time to Wong Ferraro and Coetzee? I see Lashoff played last night and started where he left off last year with a +1 and an assist.

I caught two games this week (my first with May in the line-up) and they look like a different team from the one I saw so many other times this season. Outscoring the Americans and the Monsters by a combined score of 12-4 and just completing shutting down both teams. Nothing to sneeze at when you consider that both of them are potentially playoff teams, though I know the Monsters are on the bubble.

If the Griffs put on an effort like they did this week more often, they'd be a scary team for anyone to take on.

Travis, is Lashoff going to be on the roster next year or has he another year in the jnrs? His stats with the Griffs are pretty good to say the least.

Lashoff is finally old enough to play for the Griffins in the Fall. :D

Unfortunately, we have to wait another year for Landon Ferraro to join the regular roster.

Lashoff is finally old enough to play for the Griffins in the Fall. :D

Unfortunately, we have to wait another year for Landon Ferraro to join the regular roster.

Ferraro looked good last night, but like he could use some more time. He handled himself well, but I think another year wouldn't be a bad thing. Granted, that was based off of one game - but just what I saw.

Ferraro looked good last night, but like he could use some more time. He handled himself well, but I think another year wouldn't be a bad thing. Granted, that was based off of one game - but just what I saw.

I saw Ferraro just on Friday night also. Another year in juniors can only help (not that he did anything bad, just didn't stand out much when compared to the others). I thought Lashoff was good a year ago when he played in a few games, and even better on Friday night. A year of heavy ice time can make a huge difference. Much better for Ferraro to be on a top junior line rather than fighting to even dress in the AHL (even if he met the minimum age, which he doesn't).

I saw Ferraro just on Friday night also. Another year in juniors can only help (not that he did anything bad, just didn't stand out much when compared to the others). I thought Lashoff was good a year ago when he played in a few games, and even better on Friday night. A year of heavy ice time can make a huge difference. Much better for Ferraro to be on a top junior line rather than fighting to even dress in the AHL (even if he met the minimum age, which he doesn't).

My thoughts, exactly. I noticed him out there a few times and tried to keep my eye on him specifically. Like you said, he didn't do anything wrong by any means, but I got a little bit of the kid-playing-with-the-big-boys feeling. He'll definitely be a solid young player when his time comes.

Lashoff looked great Friday. Obviously everyone looked good because it was a complete beatdown, but Lashoff was all over the ice and looked really sound. I thought he attacked the boards well and battled hard - which is easier said than done when you can rest on a 4 goal lead.

Like I said before, I wish the Griffs played that hard every other time I saw them this year.

So guys is Ferraro really as fast as he's said to be or is overhyped around here?

And hows Lashoff's physical game? I know he is putting up some points but the scouting reports say he's a pretty hard hitter. I've seen him fight a couple times and he handles himself well but I really hope he is as big of a hitter as the reports say. I mean he's got the size, hopefully he uses it.

So guys is Ferraro really as fast as he's said to be or is overhyped around here?

And hows Lashoff's physical game? I know he is putting up some points but the scouting reports say he's a pretty hard hitter. I've seen him fight a couple times and he handles himself well but I really hope he is as big of a hitter as the reports say. I mean he's got the size, hopefully he uses it.

I thought Lashoff played real physical. He didn't fight, but he definitely laid out a couple nice hits. Ferraro didn't seem blazingly fast, but to be fair - the Griffins were owning the Monsters in every since of the word. He just might not have stood out in such a beat down.