• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wing

2009 Finals

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I'm new here. Wasn't around to ask this at the time, but I wanted your thoughts on the aftermath of last season's Stanley Cup Finals, losing to the Pens in Game 7 @ Home (f***!)..

How upset were you? It's too bad how we had two opportunities to close it out after destroying them in Game 5 but could not get the job done in the end.

Did Pittsburgh deserve to win the series or did they just really have a lot of luck on their side that night? Also, would you be a fan of seeing Detroit/Pittsburgh III this year?

LET'S GO WINGS!

Welcome to LGW,

I didn't get to watch game 7 because I had to work nights. I never saw the papers and never saw Crosby lift the cup. Basically in my mind it never happened, just a bad dream that you can't even remember details to.

Pens/Wings 3? Bring it on, Howard will eat Crosby.

Guest Lidstromboli

i was mad for maybe 5 minutes at the most

kind of sad that people still care about it

Hey guys, I'm new here. Wasn't around to ask this at the time, but I wanted your thoughts on the aftermath of last season's Stanley Cup Finals, losing to the Pens in Game 7 @ Home (f***!)..

How upset were you? It's too bad how we had two opportunities to close it out after destroying them in Game 5 but could not get the job done in the end.

Did Pittsburgh deserve to win the series or did they just really have a lot of luck on their side that night? Also, would you be a fan of seeing Detroit/Pittsburgh III this year?

LET'S GO WINGS!

It was upsetting, I was more sour than mad or anything. Overall I was all right though, life goes on and I typically put things behind me like that fairly quickly. I also didn't have as much disliking for Crosby as I do now though, it's built over time, so if I see him raise the Cup again though, I might be a bit more irritated.

lol why the hell are people still bringing this up

not a good first post here.

He explains why and partially answers your own question by mentioning it as his first post.

He wasn't here when it happened and wanted opinions. This isn't even half as bad as hearing about Crosbys day to day life everyday.

Still pisses me off.

That is my biggest disappointment as a Wings fan, and it's pretty hard to top it.

To each their own, but it wasn't even close to being my biggest disappointment as a Wings fan. 1) 1994, 2) 2006, and 3) 2001 were far worse for me, in that order. It was a fun ride winning the Western Conference again and going back to the finals, the Anaheim and Chicago series were excellent!

I was upset we lost, but I got over it quick.

I too am hoping for a Wings-Pens 3. I bought a Crosby Sucks t-shirt here http://www.zazzle.ca/crosby_sucks_tshirt-235033381060675664 and am looking forward to wearing it in June!

Edited by Barrie

I am thinking the only people around here that weren't upset, disappointed in one way or another were the imposters, trolls and so on. This place is a troll magnet during playoff time.

But on the personal side. I flew out to Detroit for games 1 and 2 of the Cup Final, which of course Detroit won them both. I thought it was almost a done deal. I come home, people asking about my trip, which was amazing, and then we ******* lose in game 7. I take a lot of heat from the guys at work and extended family, cause I am so hard core into this team.

Guest mjtm77

i was mad for maybe 5 minutes at the most

kind of sad that people still care about it

if you were onley mad for five mins you must not be a true fan

To each their own, but it wasn't even close to being my biggest disappointment as a Wings fan. 1) 1994, 2) 2006, and 3) 2001 were far worse for me,

96 was definately the worst for me, I figured that we were *never* going to win the Stanley Cup. If that '96 squad wasn't good enough, what was it going to take? I remember an Yzerman quote where he said he was in the pits of despair that summer, he just wanted to stay inside with a bag over his head.

Edited by Nev

The sight of Crosby lifting the cup at the Joe will haunt me forever (didn't see it till the following year on VS). I turned off the game right after time ended and avoided all things NHL for months. Definitely the worst moment for me as a wings fan, I don't know how it couldn't be for anyone. It can't get worst then losing a title deciding game 7 at home.

The sight of Crosby lifting the cup at the Joe will haunt me forever (didn't see it till the following year on VS). I turned off the game right after time ended and avoided all things NHL for months. Definitely the worst moment for me as a wings fan, I don't know how it couldn't be for anyone. It can't get worst then losing a title deciding game 7 at home.

Losing to Colorado and Dallas in the playoffs during the peak of the rivalries always really irked me. Losing the cup at home is brutal but not because it was the Pens, just because we lost the cup.

96 was definately the worst for me, I figured that we were *never* going to win the Stanley Cup. If that '96 squad wasn't good enough, what was it going to take? I remember an Yzerman quote where he said he was in the pits of despair that summer, he just wanted to stay inside with a bag over his head.

Yea 1996 would be 4th on my list. However the hope I lost after 96 was quickly back when we got Shanahan. You could just see as the 1996-97 season went on how Scotty was addressing our needs.

94, 01, and 06 for me were just embarrassing.

Losing to Colorado and Dallas in the playoffs during the peak of the rivalries always really irked me. Losing the cup at home is brutal but not because it was the Pens, just because we lost the cup.

We never lost to Dallas in the playoffs.

it sucked, but was no where near as devasting and 2006, 2004, and 2003, and 2001. i mean that 2004 team was loaded and they lost to the flames which I believe were the 6th seed. and 2006 really had me wondering if this team would ever get out of the first round again. it was the ultimate kick in the nuts after getting swept in the 1st round in 2003, and losing in the 2nd round in 2004.

i was not watching hockey in the 90's but i watch the old wings games and classic series on nhl network, and it seems as though 1995 and 1996 were even worse.

i walked away proud last year to be a wings fan. i cant say that in 03,04,and 06. i mean jesus, do you remember game 6 in edmonton? that was a horrendous nightmare. they had that game in hand, and choked away a large lead. if they win that game, they get game 7 back at the Joe.

anyway, enough depressing talk.

Edited by paul19010

it sucked, but was no where near as devasting and 2006, 2004, and 2003, and 2001. i mean that 2004 team was loaded and they lost to the flames which I believe were the 6th seed. and 2006 really had me wondering if this team would ever get out of the first round again. it was the ultimate kick in the nuts after getting swept in the 1st round in 2003, and losing in the 2nd round in 2004.

i was not watching hockey in the 90's but i watch the old wings games and classic series on nhl network, and it seems as though 1995 and 1996 were even worse.

i walked away proud last year to be a wings fan. i cant say that in 03,04,and 06. i mean jesus, do you remember game 6 in edmonton? that was a horrendous nightmare. they had that game in hand, and choked away a large lead. if they win that game, they get game 7 back at the Joe.

anyway, enough depressing talk.

To be fair, every team we lost to had a super hot goaltender and went to the finals. All losing in game 7. So it's not really that disappointing losing the almost cup champs 3 times. Colorado winning in 01 as well.

Edited by zettie85

To be fair, every team we lost to had a super hot goaltender and went to the finals. All losing in game 7. So it's not really that disappointing losing the almost cup champs 3 times. Colorado winning in 01 as well.

We lost to the Kings in 01.