• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Cap to $57.7m

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Cap could be 100M and Mr Ilitch would not have a problem paying the salaries :cool:

Guest mindfly

It's not whether he can afford to pay them, it's if we can keep all the players we want to keep.

I know, just saying it's "safe" to have such a rich owner etc :thumbup:

Lidstrom $4MM.... Please Captain, help us get stronger next year!!!

Re-sign Lids, Homer, Bertuzzi, Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves. The problem is going to be what Bertuzzi is gonna ask for, Anaheim is still paying $1.333MM of his salary from 2007, does that mean he is gonna want $3MM or more? If he wants $3MM with Lidstrom (praying hopefully) takes $4MM that'll leave Holland $10MM to shore up our wanted UFA/RFA and MAYBE get some UFA help from outside the organization!

Does anyone know which RFA's in GRR are out of options? We all know Abdelkader will be here for sure, but who else has to be or risk being waived? Other than Ritola?

Anyhow, I do believe Holland can get Abdelkader, Helm, Miller & Eaves all re-signed for less than $4MM total. Homer should take $2MM or a little less (please Homer!) What about Lilja? Do we re-sign him or use his $1.2 elsewhere? Ledba and Meech can leave, whatever we get in return for Meech (he's a RFA) will be worth it. Not unless he re-signs for the same money. Maltby should retire also. Williams can do what he pleases, thanks for the help.

So:

Helm, Eaves, Abdelkader, Miller - $2.7MM

Bertuzzi - $3MM

Holmstrom - $2MM

Lilja - $1MM

Lidstrom - $4MM (PLEASE NICK!!!!!!)

Ritola - $0.5MM

That's $13.2MM leaving roughly $4.5MM. They'll need a 7th defensman, is Kindl ready or will they keep Meech around?

My wish? Ladd or Tkachuk up front. (Tkachuk shouldn't cost too much.)

Lidstrom $4MM.... Please Captain, help us get stronger next year!!!

Re-sign Lids, Homer, Bertuzzi, Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves. The problem is going to be what Bertuzzi is gonna ask for, Anaheim is still paying $1.333MM of his salary from 2007, does that mean he is gonna want $3MM or more? If he wants $3MM with Lidstrom (praying hopefully) takes $4MM that'll leave Holland $10MM to shore up our wanted UFA/RFA and MAYBE get some UFA help from outside the organization!

Does anyone know which RFA's in GRR are out of options? We all know Abdelkader will be here for sure, but who else has to be or risk being waived? Other than Ritola?

Anyhow, I do believe Holland can get Abdelkader, Helm, Miller & Eaves all re-signed for less than $4MM total. Homer should take $2MM or a little less (please Homer!) What about Lilja? Do we re-sign him or use his $1.2 elsewhere? Ledba and Meech can leave, whatever we get in return for Meech (he's a RFA) will be worth it. Not unless he re-signs for the same money. Maltby should retire also. Williams can do what he pleases, thanks for the help.

So:

Helm, Eaves, Abdelkader, Miller - $2.7MM

Bertuzzi - $3MM

Holmstrom - $2MM

Lilja - $1MM

Lidstrom - $4MM (PLEASE NICK!!!!!!)

Ritola - $0.5MM

That's $13.2MM leaving roughly $4.5MM. They'll need a 7th defensman, is Kindl ready or will they keep Meech around?

My wish? Ladd or Tkachuk up front. (Tkachuk shouldn't cost too much.)

Bertuzzi at 3M?

Put down the crack pipe.

Edited by RedwingsPwn

Zetterberg (6.08m) - Datsyuk (6.70m) - Holmstrom (1.90m)

Franzen (3.90m) - Filppula (3.00m) - Marleau (5.00m)

Cleary (2.80m) - Helm (1.00m) - ??? (2.00m)

Miller (0.75m) - Draper (1.58m) - Abds (0.60m)

Lidstrom (4.00m) - Rafalski (6.00m)

Kronwall (3.00m) - Stuart - (3.75m)

Lilja (1.25m) - Ericsson(0.90m)

Howard (0.72m)

Osgood (1.42m)

Total: 56.36m

Done!

You think Lidstrom will ask for more than 6 million at age 40? :lol: Don't count on it.

Maybe he won't ask and will indeed take a sizable pay cut. But regardless, even at 40 he still deserves 6M+.

He is still the best defenseman on the team in the league

Sorry, just fine-tuning your quote.

Zetterberg (6.08m) - Datsyuk (6.70m) - Holmstrom (1.90m)

Franzen (3.90m) - Filppula (3.00m) - Marleau (5.00m)

Cleary (2.80m) - Helm (1.00m) - ??? (2.00m)

Miller (0.75m) - Draper (1.58m) - Abds (0.60m)

Lidstrom (4.00m) - Rafalski (6.00m)

Kronwall (3.00m) - Stuart - (3.75m)

Lilja (1.25m) - Ericsson(0.90m)

Howard (0.72m)

Osgood (1.42m)

Total: 56.36m

Done!

Abs wont be playing for .6m. Right now hes making 850,000 a year and he wont take pay cut. I tihnk you'll see Helm and Abdelkader both at about a million. Marleau wont be here, I really wouldnt want him anyways. I would rather take that 5 million and either add more scoring depth down on the bottom lines, not a 40 goal scorer but maybe 2 20 goal scorers and then sign someone intimidating to play with Abs and mentor him. I'm thinking Asham is the guy, he can score and fight. He would be worth letting Miller walk if need be.

Abs wont be playing for .6m. Right now hes making 850,000 a year and he wont take pay cut. I tihnk you'll see Helm and Abdelkader both at about a million. Marleau wont be here, I really wouldnt want him anyways. I would rather take that 5 million and either add more scoring depth down on the bottom lines, not a 40 goal scorer but maybe 2 20 goal scorers and then sign someone intimidating to play with Abs and mentor him. I'm thinking Asham is the guy, he can score and fight. He would be worth letting Miller walk if need be.

Well I think it's that he gets paid a rate towards a salary of 850k only for games he played as a Red Wing. As a Griffin or anything else he gets MUCH less.

Unless they're going to drive a really hard bargain I want the Wings to keep Helm, Eaves and Miller. Draper, Cleary and Maltby can't be cornerstones of the PK anymore.

He is still the best defenseman on the team.

Yes he is. He's still the best defensive d-man in the league.

But he's 40 and he knows that a drop off is expected. He's had a consistent dropped off offensively over the last two years that's mostly due to his slow starts getting slower and slower. Right now he's still almost a point per game player if you only count the games after Christmas.

But the point is that at age 40 you have to expect a drop off. I honestly think he's got at least one more 50 point season left in him and he's definitely got multiple 40+ pt seasons left. It all depends on his ability to make more consistent starts to the year. Had he not epically slumped for 3 or 4 months he'd be right up in the top 3 defensive scorers right now, possibly right behind Mike "what is defense?" Green.

Again, the point is that Lidstrom deserves to be paid lots of money, but I don't think he'll demand it. He knows the team could use the cash to sign more scoring right now and he watched Stevie's example at the end of his career as well.

There's no way Lidstrom asks for more than 5.5 million. If I had to guess I'd say he'll sign for 5 million.

Maybe he won't ask and will indeed take a sizable pay cut. But regardless, even at 40 he still deserves 6M+.

Yes he does, but like Stevie did, he'll take a pay cut based on his age. You have to assume a 40 year old's production could dry up at any time so the pay should reflect that.

Miller will be re-signed. No way the Wings let him walk. Miller is the single most important penalty killing forward on the team right now.

The only questionable player for me that you guys are mentioning is Bert.

He was good for the money this year, but is still inconsistent on the backchecks and takes a lot of bad penalties.

I kept hoping he would improve as the season wore on, as they're mostly mental mistakes. But he hasn't.

I like his size and he has decent hands, but he needs to play more physical and shoot more. For me at least, a lot will depend on what he does in the postseason.

2010-2011 lines

Mule(3.9)-Pav(6.7)-Homer(1.750)

Flip(3.0)-Z(6.1)-Afinogenov(1.5)

Cleary(2.8)-Helm(1.0)-Bert(1.225)

Miller(.750)-Draper(1.6)-Abby(1.0)

Eaves(.750)

Lidstrom(4.5)-Raffy(6.0)

Kronner(3.0)-Stuart(3.750)

Lilja(1.250)-Ericsson(.900)

Kindl(.900)

Meech(.600)

Howard(.716)