• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Cap to $57.7m

Rate this topic

osgood's last year under contract is worth paying, if only so he may continue to mentor jimmah. my own opinion, take for face value...

Agreed, I don't see a problem keeping Ozzie next year and letting him play out his contract. He's a backup!

Marleaus only having a good year because its a contract year. I wouldn't want him on this team for that price tag.

100% Agree

Also, I like Abdelkader as much as the next guy but I don't understand all the posters on this board that think he's going to get a raise. 850k is a big salary for what's he's done so far. Coming into this season Ville Leino had way more hype and 'potential' surrounding him and he had the same price tag. For me, i can't really imagine Abby getting a raise. Yeah, he'll be on the team but I think his price tag will be about the same. Plus, there is no way he is immediately thrust into the 3rd centre role. Everyone keeps making projected lines and throwing him in that spot and that is ridiculous. He didn't exactly have the greatest of tenures with the big club this season and he'll be slowly integrated into things next year.

Also, I can't understand how so many ppl are willing to part with either of Eaves of Miller. I do understand there is only so much room but both have played massive roles in this team this season. Both Eaves and Miller have shown they have the ability to put up solid numbers in 3rd and 4th line roles. By getting rid of Williams and with the potential retirement of Maltby those spots are all the more important.

Obviously a lot depends on Hudler's and Maltby's plans but on the assumption that Hudler comes back and Maltby retires and Ritola impresses at camp:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler/Cleary

Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Hudler

Draper - Abdelkader - Eaves/Miller

Ritola

If Hudler isn't able to get out of his KHL deal then Bertuzzi is brough back:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi/Cleary

Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Bertuzzi

Ritola

Scrap Williams at 1.5M 15pts in 41GP / how about Comrie 1.12M 17pts in 40GP

Comrie cheaper and has put up as many points as Williams on a brutal team who has had alot of injuries to.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Filppula-Bertuzzi/Hudler

Miller-Comrie-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Draper

Eaves/Ritola

Or if Hudler does come back we don't resign Bert. But i think Comrie would be a great 3rd line center.

05-06 60pts-80GP

06-07 20pts-24GP

07-08 49pts-76GP

Edited by king_malice

Why do people wanna bring back Bertuzzi after this season? I don't get it, he ruins more than what he actually brings to the team.

I agree with the first part, not the second. I'd let Bert go mostly due to his age. Plus he's had a decent season, so deserves more than $1.5 Million. I'd rather have a younger Hudler back.

100% Agree

Also, I like Abdelkader as much as the next guy but I don't understand all the posters on this board that think he's going to get a raise. 850k is a big salary for what's he's done so far. Coming into this season Ville Leino had way more hype and 'potential' surrounding him and he had the same price tag. For me, i can't really imagine Abby getting a raise. Yeah, he'll be on the team but I think his price tag will be about the same. Plus, there is no way he is immediately thrust into the 3rd centre role. Everyone keeps making projected lines and throwing him in that spot and that is ridiculous. He didn't exactly have the greatest of tenures with the big club this season and he'll be slowly integrated into things next year.

Also, I can't understand how so many ppl are willing to part with either of Eaves of Miller. I do understand there is only so much room but both have played massive roles in this team this season. Both Eaves and Miller have shown they have the ability to put up solid numbers in 3rd and 4th line roles. By getting rid of Williams and with the potential retirement of Maltby those spots are all the more important.

Obviously a lot depends on Hudler's and Maltby's plans but on the assumption that Hudler comes back and Maltby retires and Ritola impresses at camp:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler/Cleary

Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Hudler

Ritola

If Hudler isn't able to get out of his KHL deal then Bertuzzi is brough back:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi/Cleary

Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Bertuzzi

Ritola

Agreed. Especially about Eaves and Miller. two of the top three PK guys, will end up with 20 points a piece, and brought good energy and hitting to the bottom lines. All for around 500k a piece.

The thing is they're both RFA's too, not UFAs. Miller off the waiver wire, and Eaves getting signed - those were two very good pickups by Holland that became huge with all the injuries.

The only minor point I'd disagree with is Bert. I've sort of stated my case on him. He's fine now for the money, but it's frustrating how the big problems with his game seem to be mental. Take fewer bad penalties, especially in the offensive zone. Play more physical and be less cute with passes. Shoot the @#$%@ puck!

I like Bertuzzi, and I loved getting him this year.

But I really wouldn't want him back, he's too inconsistent and too unreliable. He's been unusually lucky injury-wise(Knock on wood) this year, and doesn't have much left in the tank.

If we can get him at the same rate I'll be up for it, but most likely he'll get a raise and I'm not up for that.

I like Bertuzzi, and I loved getting him this year.

But I really wouldn't want him back, he's too inconsistent and too unreliable. He's been unusually lucky injury-wise(Knock on wood) this year, and doesn't have much left in the tank.

If we can get him at the same rate I'll be up for it, but most likely he'll get a raise and I'm not up for that.

There are younger, better options to replace Bert this offseason. Armstrong would be a huge improvement I think.

There are younger, better options to replace Bert this offseason. Armstrong would be a huge improvement I think.

Armstrong is more expensive and hasn't produced Bertuzzi's numbers this year. If Bert agrees to sign for less because he wants to play here then I'm all for it.

Have you watched Abby play in the AHL this year? He seems like a better fit on the third line because of how he plays with (more) skilled players. While he was in Detroit on the forth line he didn't have many chances because he was playing with Draper, Maltby, May. He also led the team in hits despite having the least amount of ice time. While I don't think the third line position should be given to him (he'll have to earn it), it seems like the best place for him to succeed next year on the Wings.