Photo
- - - - -

Cap to $57.7m

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

I'd like to see the Wings with a lineup like this next year. Three dangerous lines, and a 4th line that can kill penalties and chip in offensively with an enforcer (when needed).

Franzen- Dats- Holmer
Flip- Z- Bert
Cleary- Abs- Hudler Ladd or Tkachuk
Draper- Helm- Miller
Boll, Maltby (if he returns) Eaves

Lids- Raffi
Stuart- Kronner
Lilja- E
Kindl (Meech)

....just a couple of fixes, er I mean wishes... Eaves needs to be retained. He will sign another minimum contract for what he brings, which makes it well worth it. Meech won't demand too much of a raise (if any) so for what he brings he probably stays. The only question mrks are what Lids/Lilja/Homer & Bertuzzi are going to want to be paid.

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 April 2010 - 09:46 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#42 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Why do people wanna bring back Bertuzzi after this season? I don't get it, he ruins more than what he actually brings to the team.

Edited by mindfly, 05 April 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

Why do people wanna bring back Bertuzzi after this season? I don't get it, he ruins the team more than he gives the team...

I agree, but for his 18 goals, $1.5M is far better than $2.8M for 25 from Hudler. (although physically they play the exact same game!) Nah, if Huds comes back and get 25 or more then I guess he'd be welcomed back. I just wish Bertuzzi would hit or be intimidating. I think he made a deal with himself or a higher power that he wouldn't be like that because of his stupidity that ended the career of Moore. So ya, why re-sign him, but if he signs cheap, 18-20 goals is worth it. (the only reason I put $3M ealier is because i was factoring in the Anaheim money falling off the books next year (which is the only reasonhe signed for $1.5M anyway))

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#44 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

What is MM?

Millimillion?

Some people use "M" for million (my preference), but others us "MM"

"m" = milli
"M" = mille and mille is Latin for thousand, so MM = thousand thousand, which = million.

#45 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Why do people wanna bring back Bertuzzi after this season? I don't get it, he ruins more than what he actually brings to the team.

I would rather go for someone that brings what Bert is supposed too. Either someone who is a pretty legit scorer or someone who is physically intimidating.

Alot of ppls line ups seem pretty much the same as this years but I think after how we thought we weren't even gonna make playoffs til we got hot at the end that Kenny will make a shake up of some kind. Either bring in a few rougher guys for the grind of the season or he'll sign a more legit scorer then Bert.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#46 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Marleau won't be leaving San Jose for less than a $7.5 cap hit, unless Chicago gets "creative" and gives him a 20-year deal. I can't see him LEAVING the Sharks for anything, and remember we're not as desperate for top six help as other teams (cough cough, LEAFS, cough cough). My prediction is someone gives him $42 million for six years on July 1.

Understanding that for that money, if you're a team like the Red Wings - do you want to change the focal point of your offence to him? Probably not.

#47 T.OWingsFan

T.OWingsFan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Bertuzzi, Williams need to go. ASAP.

Lebda seems out of the race for a top 7 spot.

Maltby looks primed for retirement.

Those are the outs for sure in my mind.

#48 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Marleau won't be leaving San Jose for less than a $7.5 cap hit, unless Chicago gets "creative" and gives him a 20-year deal. I can't see him LEAVING the Sharks for anything, and remember we're not as desperate for top six help as other teams (cough cough, LEAFS, cough cough). My prediction is someone gives him $42 million for six years on July 1.

Understanding that for that money, if you're a team like the Red Wings - do you want to change the focal point of your offence to him? Probably not.

The era is over where the wings could spend and spend in the offseason...in these days wings take care of their business signing their RFA's and giving contract to some of the pending UFA's and bring up a player or two from grand rapids...that's what a red wing off season look like. (Hossa is an exception)

Dream on about a 7Million player Marleau.

Edited by mindfly, 05 April 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#49 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

We could probably make a trade with Philly for that Leino kid. He looks pretty promising and we could probably steal him away before they realize his potential.

#50 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Lidstrom $4MM.... Please Captain, help us get stronger next year!!!

Re-sign Lids, Homer, Bertuzzi, Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves. The problem is going to be what Bertuzzi is gonna ask for, Anaheim is still paying $1.333MM of his salary from 2007, does that mean he is gonna want $3MM or more? If he wants $3MM with Lidstrom (praying hopefully) takes $4MM that'll leave Holland $10MM to shore up our wanted UFA/RFA and MAYBE get some UFA help from outside the organization!

Does anyone know which RFA's in GRR are out of options? We all know Abdelkader will be here for sure, but who else has to be or risk being waived? Other than Ritola?

Anyhow, I do believe Holland can get Abdelkader, Helm, Miller & Eaves all re-signed for less than $4MM total. Homer should take $2MM or a little less (please Homer!) What about Lilja? Do we re-sign him or use his $1.2 elsewhere? Ledba and Meech can leave, whatever we get in return for Meech (he's a RFA) will be worth it. Not unless he re-signs for the same money. Maltby should retire also. Williams can do what he pleases, thanks for the help.

So:

Helm, Eaves, Abdelkader, Miller - $2.7MM
Bertuzzi - $3MM
Holmstrom - $2MM
Lilja - $1MM
Lidstrom - $4MM (PLEASE NICK!!!!!!)
Ritola - $0.5MM

That's $13.2MM leaving roughly $4.5MM. They'll need a 7th defensman, is Kindl ready or will they keep Meech around?

My wish? Ladd or Tkachuk up front. (Tkachuk shouldn't cost too much.)

I don' think the Wings are keeping both Miller and Eaves as much as id like them to stay i think with alot of young guys options being up this year 1 will go and i think Bert will sign for 2-2.25 range he obviously likes it in Detroit, ya he has had a great season for us but im sure he knows we are tight to the Cap and will offer him as much as they can and not rip him off for one, second he is getting up there in age so he probably won't want to move again.

2.7 if thats for all of them no way Helm and Abby will get raises this off-season especailly Helm.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Zetterberg-Filpula-Hudler
Ritola-Cleary-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Helm-Draper

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart
Lilja-Ericsson
Meech/Kindl

This would be alright i think.

#51 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

osgood's last year under contract is worth paying, if only so he may continue to mentor jimmah. my own opinion, take for face value...

Agreed, I don't see a problem keeping Ozzie next year and letting him play out his contract. He's a backup!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#52 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

Marleaus only having a good year because its a contract year. I wouldn't want him on this team for that price tag.

100% Agree

Also, I like Abdelkader as much as the next guy but I don't understand all the posters on this board that think he's going to get a raise. 850k is a big salary for what's he's done so far. Coming into this season Ville Leino had way more hype and 'potential' surrounding him and he had the same price tag. For me, i can't really imagine Abby getting a raise. Yeah, he'll be on the team but I think his price tag will be about the same. Plus, there is no way he is immediately thrust into the 3rd centre role. Everyone keeps making projected lines and throwing him in that spot and that is ridiculous. He didn't exactly have the greatest of tenures with the big club this season and he'll be slowly integrated into things next year.

Also, I can't understand how so many ppl are willing to part with either of Eaves of Miller. I do understand there is only so much room but both have played massive roles in this team this season. Both Eaves and Miller have shown they have the ability to put up solid numbers in 3rd and 4th line roles. By getting rid of Williams and with the potential retirement of Maltby those spots are all the more important.

Obviously a lot depends on Hudler's and Maltby's plans but on the assumption that Hudler comes back and Maltby retires and Ritola impresses at camp:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler/Cleary
Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Hudler
Draper - Abdelkader - Eaves/Miller
Ritola

If Hudler isn't able to get out of his KHL deal then Bertuzzi is brough back:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi/Cleary
Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Bertuzzi
Ritola
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#53 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Scrap Williams at 1.5M 15pts in 41GP / how about Comrie 1.12M 17pts in 40GP
Comrie cheaper and has put up as many points as Williams on a brutal team who has had alot of injuries to.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Zetterberg-Filppula-Bertuzzi/Hudler
Miller-Comrie-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Draper
Eaves/Ritola

Or if Hudler does come back we don't resign Bert. But i think Comrie would be a great 3rd line center.

05-06 60pts-80GP
06-07 20pts-24GP
07-08 49pts-76GP

Edited by king_malice, 06 April 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#54 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

I agree with the first part, not the second. I'd let Bert go mostly due to his age. Plus he's had a decent season, so deserves more than $1.5 Million. I'd rather have a younger Hudler back.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#55 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

100% Agree

Also, I like Abdelkader as much as the next guy but I don't understand all the posters on this board that think he's going to get a raise. 850k is a big salary for what's he's done so far. Coming into this season Ville Leino had way more hype and 'potential' surrounding him and he had the same price tag. For me, i can't really imagine Abby getting a raise. Yeah, he'll be on the team but I think his price tag will be about the same. Plus, there is no way he is immediately thrust into the 3rd centre role. Everyone keeps making projected lines and throwing him in that spot and that is ridiculous. He didn't exactly have the greatest of tenures with the big club this season and he'll be slowly integrated into things next year.

Also, I can't understand how so many ppl are willing to part with either of Eaves of Miller. I do understand there is only so much room but both have played massive roles in this team this season. Both Eaves and Miller have shown they have the ability to put up solid numbers in 3rd and 4th line roles. By getting rid of Williams and with the potential retirement of Maltby those spots are all the more important.

Obviously a lot depends on Hudler's and Maltby's plans but on the assumption that Hudler comes back and Maltby retires and Ritola impresses at camp:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler/Cleary
Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Hudler
Ritola

If Hudler isn't able to get out of his KHL deal then Bertuzzi is brough back:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi/Cleary
Eaves/Miller - Helm - Cleary/Bertuzzi
Ritola

Agreed. Especially about Eaves and Miller. two of the top three PK guys, will end up with 20 points a piece, and brought good energy and hitting to the bottom lines. All for around 500k a piece.

The thing is they're both RFA's too, not UFAs. Miller off the waiver wire, and Eaves getting signed - those were two very good pickups by Holland that became huge with all the injuries.

The only minor point I'd disagree with is Bert. I've sort of stated my case on him. He's fine now for the money, but it's frustrating how the big problems with his game seem to be mental. Take fewer bad penalties, especially in the offensive zone. Play more physical and be less cute with passes. Shoot the @#$%@ puck!

#56 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

I like Bertuzzi, and I loved getting him this year.

But I really wouldn't want him back, he's too inconsistent and too unreliable. He's been unusually lucky injury-wise(Knock on wood) this year, and doesn't have much left in the tank.

If we can get him at the same rate I'll be up for it, but most likely he'll get a raise and I'm not up for that.

#57 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

I like Bertuzzi, and I loved getting him this year.

But I really wouldn't want him back, he's too inconsistent and too unreliable. He's been unusually lucky injury-wise(Knock on wood) this year, and doesn't have much left in the tank.

If we can get him at the same rate I'll be up for it, but most likely he'll get a raise and I'm not up for that.

There are younger, better options to replace Bert this offseason. Armstrong would be a huge improvement I think.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#58 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

There are younger, better options to replace Bert this offseason. Armstrong would be a huge improvement I think.

Armstrong is more expensive and hasn't produced Bertuzzi's numbers this year. If Bert agrees to sign for less because he wants to play here then I'm all for it.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#59 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Have you watched Abby play in the AHL this year? He seems like a better fit on the third line because of how he plays with (more) skilled players. While he was in Detroit on the forth line he didn't have many chances because he was playing with Draper, Maltby, May. He also led the team in hits despite having the least amount of ice time. While I don't think the third line position should be given to him (he'll have to earn it), it seems like the best place for him to succeed next year on the Wings.