• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/4 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Flyers 4

Rate this topic

They had it all against pittsburgh imo why not play like that every game? they would almost be guaranteed to win every game if they did that.

Oi you above; It affects me alot i'm pissed off for 24hours or so after every freakin loss so dont talk bulls***

If you are mad for over 24 hours after a loss then I feel sorry for you. Seriously, it's just a hockey game. It's fun winning, but you have to realize that they are going to lose. They can play their hearts out and still lose. All it takes is a hot goaltender. Sooner or later the red wings will falter abit. Maybe even alot. We'll all look back to days like this (saying X player sucks etc etc) and then realize how good we had it as wing fans.

The things people take for granted nowadays. /shrug

Edited by Dynheart

Guest Crymson

...so essentially they should play perfectly every game? You'll never be satisfied if you expect all of that EVERY game. You may as well say that their blueprint is "to win games".

But Mindfly wants it! Waaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

They had it all against pittsburgh imo why not play like that every game? they would almost be guaranteed to win every game if they did that.

Oi you above; It affects me alot i'm pissed off for 24hours or so after every freakin loss so dont talk bulls***

OMG the Wings need to win because it will make Mindfly angry for over 24 hours otherwise and that is definitely totally out of his control! Waaah!

Edited by Crymson

Guest Lidstromboli

man what an embarrassing game. letting in the first shot, being physically dominated by the flyers, franzen trying to look like a hardass by crosschecking someone and falling on them with gloves still on, awful defensive zone coverage

bright side: eaves, helm, and cleary. oh, and stuart nailing leino

Edited by Lidstromboli

Guest mindfly

At least it was a virtually meaningless game, right guys?

Sure as hell wasn't now the chance of getting that 5th spot is alot less... and it's a quick exit against chicago when they finish 7th.

Sure as hell wasn't now the chance of getting that 5th spot is alot less... and it's a quick exit against chicago when they finish 7th.

OH NOES WE MIGHT NOT GET FIFTH WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?!?

Stop bitching about the demise of the Wings, already.

Guest mindfly

OH NOES WE MIGHT NOT GET FIFTH WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?!?

Stop bitching about the demise of the Wings, already.

Well I would think it's better to win a series or two instead of losing the first series in 4-0/4-1 fashion.

Well I would think it's better to win a series or two instead of losing the first series in 4-0/4-1 fashion.

Why are you certain that a) we'd finish seventh b) even if we did that Chicago would finish second c) we'd automatically get swept or even lose to them at all?

We've played well against them this year. And there's a very good chance the Wings finish 6th (or still possibly fifth). Hell, maybe we'll finish eighth. Don't forget that Chicago, after just winning, is a single point behind San Jose. It's still completely up in the air who we play.

You automatically assume that every single thing is going to go wrong. My lord.

Edited by Zetts

Guest mindfly

Why are you certain that a) we'd finish seventh b) even if we did that Chicago would finish second c) we'd automatically get swept or even lose to them at all?

We've played well against them this year. And there's a very good chance the Wings finish 6th (or still possibly fifth). Hell, maybe we'll finish eighth. Don't forget that Chicago, after just winning, is a single point behind San Jose. It's still completely up in the air who we play.

You automatically assume that every single thing is going to go wrong. My lord.

a) based on how they played recently and nashville&L.A being hot, alot speaks for wings ending up at 7th place

b) sharks all but locked up 1st seed in west they are hot atm

c) chicago is a much better and complete team with more depth than detroit, it's obvious.

Edited by mindfly

You make it sound as if we are fine in the playoffs as long as we don't play Chicago. Well s***, if they are so good and we are fine as long as we don't play them, we will eventually have to play them anyway. Whether it is in round 1, 2 or 3, it does not matter. Detroit CAN beat them. Not saying they will, but to say it will be a quick exit for the Wings if they play Chicago is just ridiculous.

Even in the 2001/2002 we've lost games here and there, and sucked during the end of the season. Doesn't matter how good a team is, they are going to lose games. If you are expecting a dominate performance every game and are mad for 24 hours after every time they lose, then you have issues.

a) based on how they played recently and nashville&L.A being hot, alot speaks for wings ending up at 7th place

c) chicago is a much better and complete team with more depth than detroit, it's obvious.

Well damn, now I don't have to watch any hockey for the rest of the year. Thanks for saving me all of that wasted time, when we already know the certain outcome.

a. Neither of the two are any hotter than the Wings have been. All you need is Nashville to lose one POINT in their last games, or for LA to lose a game, and for the Wings to win all of theirs. Which could well happen given that the Wings are the hottest team in the league since the break.

b. Again, Chicago is ONE POINT behind the Sharks now. If Chicago is so great like you say, they'll take first. Or, alternatively, if the Wings are as bad as you say, they'd end up eighth and play San Jose anyways. ...of course both could happen and we'd play Chicago as 1 vs 8, but the point is that you don't know what will happen.

c. Detroit has played well against Chicago, stop being so negative.

Even if you really don't think the Wings could beat Chicago, you're getting way ahead of yourself thinking that the two will play in the first round at all. Just relax.

Edit: LA is 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. What the hell do you mean they're hot? You think that's hot, but you ***** about the Wings losing their first game in regulation in how long?

Edited by Zetts

Who are we all kidding anyway? Even if the Wings do win the cup this year, mindfly would still find something to complain about. Not that they will anyway seeing how they are gonna last no longer than 5 games against Chicago in round one.

So put on your Hawks jersey if we draw Chicago. I'm not afraid of the Hawks. Last time I checked the Wings beat them last matchup in an entertaining fast-paced game, Quenneville is 5-16 vs. the Wings in the playoffs, and we beat them 4-1 last year. The Hawks are much improved this year but they are shaky in goal and they also have the Hossa curse going against them.

I'd prefer that the Wings not meet the Blackhawks in the first round because I think it would be a great series for 2nd or WCF, but right now I'd take the Wings in a matchup with the Hawks. Stop being afraid of teams that have never done anything or won anything....

Guest mindfly

So put on your Hawks jersey if we draw Chicago. I'm not afraid of the Hawks. Last time I checked the Wings beat them last matchup in an entertaining fast-paced game, Quenneville is 5-16 vs. the Wings in the playoffs, and we beat them 4-1 last year. The Hawks are much improved this year but they are shaky in goal and they also have the Hossa curse going against them.

I'd prefer that the Wings not meet the Blackhawks in the first round because I think it would be a great series for 2nd or WCF, but right now I'd take the Wings in a matchup with the Hawks. Stop being afraid of teams that have never done anything or won anything....

Gee, that was kind of pathetic... "Hossa curse" wtf is that? Get real... Shaky in goal??? Niemi is a solid goalie, great numbers, did you see the game versus the flames just earlier? if they go with him it's all good he's good enough for that team because they are loaded up front...

Hawks have gotten better this year, true, but it's more wings that has gotten much weaker, less firepower, rather than hawks become very much improved.

Edited by mindfly

Guest Crymson

Gee, that was kind of pathetic... "Hossa curse" wtf is that? Get real... Shaky in goal??? Niemi is a solid goalie, great numbers, did you see the game versus the flames just earlier? if they go with him it's all good he's good enough for that team because they are loaded up front...

Hawks have gotten better this year, true, but it's more wings that has gotten much weaker, less firepower, rather than hawks become very much improved.

Mindfly doesn't have assurance that the Wings will win! Waaaah! Waaaaah!

The Hawks traded Havlat for Hossa. Hossa is no doubt better, but it's not like they didn't lose players last off season.

Guest Crymson

They did much more than that though. They also added Tomas Kopecky. We have no chance.

s***.

Guest mindfly

The Hawks traded Havlat for Hossa. Hossa is no doubt better, but it's not like they didn't lose players last off season.

And wings lost tons of goals and points in:

Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson, and those goals are nowhere to be seen on the current roster.

Edited by mindfly

Some team is going to have to prove they are the new 'team to beat' in the playoffs. Until then, the wings clearly have the psychological advantage on San Jose, Chicago, and Vancouver. Yeah we lost some goals, but after we got the full team back, we got to within 6 pts of chicago after this mess of a season. That's pretty impressive. A series with Detroit and Chicago this playoffs would be spectacular.

And wings lost tons of goals and points in:

Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson, and those goals are nowhere to be seen on the current roster.

We're definitely not as good as last year or the year before, but it's not like we didn't replace those players (albeit with not as good players, but it's not like we are only playing with 9 forwards). And Chicago didn't get that much better so saying that we'd get swept is just stupid.

But what else is there to expect from you.

Edited by Z and D for the C