• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#381 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

What is the point of starting Osgood again? He isn't getting us anywhere. It's Howard or bust.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#382 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

1st goal was Ozzie, but the other 3 were a result of s***ty play. The Wings didnt show up for 60 minutes once again, Helm's line and Datsyuk, good job. Everyone else... good job not really doing anything. s***ty game, s***ty weekend for hockey, and on top of that we didnt even goon it up on them.

#NOMOREKINDL

#383 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Well, bad loss for the Wings. Bad weekend in all. Completely uninspired play both today and yesterday. Played soft and deserved to lose.

Am I the only one worried that after the hot streak to get into the playoff the Wings are once again content with mediocrity? Lets hope not...

#384 vOrophin

vOrophin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Entire team looks like crap pretty much until the 3rd, just not enough. Can't cool off now or the Wings are done in the 1st round.

#385 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

i agree to an extent, but ozzie has gotta makes some saves. Thats what good goalies do

In those instances it's like a soccer player shooting a penalty shot.
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#386 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

No more playing time for osgood... he can go dig his own grave after this.

#387 chief

chief

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

If we aren't going to beat them lets knock them out of the playoffs

+1

Too bad, Wings and Ranger fans both disappointed today.

Good luck to you guys in the post season.

Chief out.

#388 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Well, if the Hawks win it today in regulation we still clinch the playoffs. Osgood was okay, not spectacular but was able to get in a rhythm by the end of the game so it's a positive. Let's just see the Wings play solid through the next week and get ready for the first round.

#389 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Argh. Tough loss, but not exactly devestating. We're still 2 points away from Nashville with a game in hand.

Ozzie had a good 3rd period. That's something atleast. It almost felt like a given that we would have a tough time winning in his first game back in the net, but atleast now he has this game to build upon.

Datsyuk was fantastic this game, Eaves and Helm and Cleary were also great. Haven't seen Cleary skate that well in a while.

Everyone else was pretty much meh. Just forget about it and look forward.

#390 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Looks like Detroit has their losing game plan pretty much figured out. It's something along the lines of "Don't shoot at the net with only a few minutes/seconds left in the 3rd when down by one."

#391 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Wings should have won this just to try and keep the Flyers out of the playoffs, Flyers are garbage water in the playoffs and pretty much an easy 1st round for whoever is lucky enough to get them. If its the Pens or Caps it will be a sweep. Bad game Wings.

#392 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

Wasnt Ozzie's fault today, but he cant start again. Unless the Wings decide to play for him, which they wont, they have to play Howard. More often then not they show up for Jimmy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#393 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

I'm ashamed of the way this team played today physically.

I know we can't match the Flyers toughness, but guys like Bertuzzi and Ericsson are supposed to give us some muscle, yet both those players looked like scared mice today. Didn't do anything physical or try to back up their teammates. ***** performance by those two players more than any others. Waste of size.

Also, I expected Kronwall to try to step up and level someone, but he never did. Stuart's hit on Leino was apparently the highlight of the game. Woohoo.

The Flyers just showed other teams the blueprint for how to handle the Wings. Get in our players faces and take them off their game. I'm glad they don't play in the same conference as us.

Only bright spot of the game was Dan Cleary apparenlty looking recharged out there.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#394 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

No more playing time for osgood... he can go dig his own grave after this.

Lighten up. He should have definitely had the first one, but as usual the team played like crap in front of him. 3 of the 4 goals were complete defensive lapses. Not to mention he is a 37yo goaltender who hasn't seen a start in over two months and hasn't seen a start that wasn't with a tired and uninspired team in front of him on the second of a back-to-back since about November. Not even Howard would have had the 2nd or 4th goals, probably not the 3rd either. There are about 12 players ahead of Osgood on the blame train this time around.

#395 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

disappointed with the pretty much the whole team today except 3rd and 4th line

defense isnt s*** without lilja huh

or maybe the team doesnt have confidence when playing infront of ozzie.

Edited by brett, 04 April 2010 - 02:08 PM.

#396 Aki

Aki

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Argh. Tough loss, but not exactly devestating. We're still 2 points away from Nashville with a game in hand.

Yeah but at the same time, the Kings have 1 game in hand

#397 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Ozzie had a good 3rd period. That's something atleast. It almost felt like a given that we would have a tough time winning in his first game back in the net, but atleast now he has this game to build upon.

Datsyuk was fantastic this game, Eaves and Helm and Cleary were also great. Haven't seen Cleary skate that well in a while.

Everyone else was pretty much meh. Just forget about it and look forward.

Even if we tie Nashville they have the tie breaker so technically now they control their own destiny and are ahead of us. Same with LA, were only 1 point ahead of them and they have 1 game in hand.

Here come the Hawks first round.

Posted Image

#398 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

disappointed with the pretty much the whole team today except 3rd and 4th line

defense isnt s*** without lilja huh

or maybe the team doesnt have confidence when playing infront of ozzie.

And according to Mlive, he was a healthy scratch. Huge mistake by Babs there, unless he is banged up and there hiding it well.

#NOMOREKINDL

#399 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

And according to Mlive, he was a healthy scratch. Huge mistake by Babs there, unless he is banged up and there hiding it well.

Especially since Lebda f***ed up the game winning goal, and has looked awful with Ericsson all year.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#400 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Two points or even one point would of been nice.I really liked Eaves, Helm and Cleary, they had a good game.Osgood tried his best and did okay. I just really wanted to win today.