• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#421 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Wings will be so owned by the hawks if they play them the first round, and its looking more and more likely with how brutal they have been playing lately... they think they are already in it so they relax...

I don't look at the stats, fact of the matter is they haven't played like they SHOULD since the pittsburgh game, and that is weeks ago now..

dude...i know you're an active contributor to these boards and i appreciate that. but in this case, you need to STFU. like another poster said, they are 10-1-2 in their last 13. the wings have played the hawks really well this year, and they're better now than ever, these last two games notwithstanding (one was an OTL and the other was a one goal game -- they're not getting blown out over here). and how exactly "SHOULD" they be playing? you're not happy unless they win every game 10-0 and outshoot the opponent 50-0. god damn. it's a back-to-back game, ozzie hasn't played since russia was still called the USSR, and we're just coming off the best stretch the wings have had all season. relax. it would take a miracle for the wings to not make it in at this point. the the flames lose today, we're in. if we win ONE MORE GAME, we're in. chill out. seriously.

Goodness! The team is losing and they are failing Mindfly! He DESERVES for them to win all the time! He is being robbed of what is rightfully his! Waaaaaah! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

+1. :D

go wings.

#422 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

George Malik has his head on his shoulder's, that's for sure.

dude...i know you're an active contributor to these boards and i appreciate that. but in this case, you need to STFU. like another poster said, they are 10-1-2 in their last 13. the wings have played the hawks really well this year, and they're better now than ever, these last two games notwithstanding (one was an OTL and the other was a one goal game -- they're not getting blown out over here). and how exactly "SHOULD" they be playing? you're not happy unless they win every game 10-0 and outshoot the opponent 50-0. god damn. it's a back-to-back game, ozzie hasn't played since russia was still called the USSR, and we're just coming off the best stretch the wings have had all season. relax. it would take a miracle for the wings to not make it in at this point. the the flames lose today, we're in. if we win ONE MORE GAME, we're in. chill out. seriously.

+1. :D

How they should play.. like their blueprint?, atleast that's what it's there for...

-Massive puck possesion minimal turnovers
-No defensive Meltdowns
-Great powerplay, Great Penalty Kill
-Massive Forecheck
-Hard Hitting
-Winning 1on1 Battles

#423 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

George Malik has his head on his shoulder's, that's for sure.

How they should play.. like their blueprint?, atleast that's what it's there for...

-Massive puck possesion minimal turnovers
-No defensive Meltdowns
-Great powerplay, Great Penalty Kill
-Massive Forecheck
-Hard Hitting
-Winning 1on1 Battles

...so essentially they should play perfectly every game? You'll never be satisfied if you expect all of that EVERY game. You may as well say that their blueprint is "to win games".

#424 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

I think the people here forget that even the pros are human. They lost, get over it. Yea they get paid...alot...but them losing doesn't effect you in any way personally. It's not like someone in your family gets killed every time they lose. What's their record as of late? 13-1-2? Is that record really that horrible...but alas.

#425 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

...so essentially they should play perfectly every game? You'll never be satisfied if you expect all of that EVERY game. You may as well say that their blueprint is "to win games".

They had it all against pittsburgh imo why not play like that every game? they would almost be guaranteed to win every game if they did that.

Oi you above; It affects me alot i'm pissed off for 24hours or so after every freakin loss so dont talk bulls***

Edited by mindfly, 04 April 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#426 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

They had it all against pittsburgh imo why not play like that every game? they would almost be guaranteed to win every game if they did that.

Oi you above; It affects me alot i'm pissed off for 24hours or so after every freakin loss so dont talk bulls***

If you are mad for over 24 hours after a loss then I feel sorry for you. Seriously, it's just a hockey game. It's fun winning, but you have to realize that they are going to lose. They can play their hearts out and still lose. All it takes is a hot goaltender. Sooner or later the red wings will falter abit. Maybe even alot. We'll all look back to days like this (saying X player sucks etc etc) and then realize how good we had it as wing fans.

The things people take for granted nowadays. /shrug

Edited by Dynheart, 04 April 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#427 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

But Mindfly wants it! Waaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

OMG the Wings need to win because it will make Mindfly angry for over 24 hours otherwise and that is definitely totally out of his control! Waaah!

Edited by Crymson, 04 April 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#428 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

man what an embarrassing game. letting in the first shot, being physically dominated by the flyers, franzen trying to look like a hardass by crosschecking someone and falling on them with gloves still on, awful defensive zone coverage

bright side: eaves, helm, and cleary. oh, and stuart nailing leino

Edited by Lidstromboli, 04 April 2010 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

#429 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

It's not like someone in your family gets killed every time they lose.

Unless those in my family bet against Philly and skipped on the bookie...

#430 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Unless those in my family bet against Philly and skipped on the bookie...

Lawl!

#431 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

At least it was a virtually meaningless game, right guys?

Posted Image

#432 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

At least it was a virtually meaningless game, right guys?

Sure as hell wasn't now the chance of getting that 5th spot is alot less... and it's a quick exit against chicago when they finish 7th.

#433 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Sure as hell wasn't now the chance of getting that 5th spot is alot less... and it's a quick exit against chicago when they finish 7th.

OH NOES WE MIGHT NOT GET FIFTH WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?!?

Stop bitching about the demise of the Wings, already.

Posted Image

#434 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

OH NOES WE MIGHT NOT GET FIFTH WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?!?

Stop bitching about the demise of the Wings, already.

Well I would think it's better to win a series or two instead of losing the first series in 4-0/4-1 fashion.

#435 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well I would think it's better to win a series or two instead of losing the first series in 4-0/4-1 fashion.

Why are you certain that a) we'd finish seventh b) even if we did that Chicago would finish second c) we'd automatically get swept or even lose to them at all?

We've played well against them this year. And there's a very good chance the Wings finish 6th (or still possibly fifth). Hell, maybe we'll finish eighth. Don't forget that Chicago, after just winning, is a single point behind San Jose. It's still completely up in the air who we play.

You automatically assume that every single thing is going to go wrong. My lord.

Edited by Zetts, 04 April 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#436 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Why are you certain that a) we'd finish seventh b) even if we did that Chicago would finish second c) we'd automatically get swept or even lose to them at all?

We've played well against them this year. And there's a very good chance the Wings finish 6th (or still possibly fifth). Hell, maybe we'll finish eighth. Don't forget that Chicago, after just winning, is a single point behind San Jose. It's still completely up in the air who we play.

You automatically assume that every single thing is going to go wrong. My lord.

a) based on how they played recently and nashville&L.A being hot, alot speaks for wings ending up at 7th place
b) sharks all but locked up 1st seed in west they are hot atm
c) chicago is a much better and complete team with more depth than detroit, it's obvious.

Edited by mindfly, 04 April 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#437 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

You make it sound as if we are fine in the playoffs as long as we don't play Chicago. Well s***, if they are so good and we are fine as long as we don't play them, we will eventually have to play them anyway. Whether it is in round 1, 2 or 3, it does not matter. Detroit CAN beat them. Not saying they will, but to say it will be a quick exit for the Wings if they play Chicago is just ridiculous.

Even in the 2001/2002 we've lost games here and there, and sucked during the end of the season. Doesn't matter how good a team is, they are going to lose games. If you are expecting a dominate performance every game and are mad for 24 hours after every time they lose, then you have issues.

#438 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

a) based on how they played recently and nashville&L.A being hot, alot speaks for wings ending up at 7th place
c) chicago is a much better and complete team with more depth than detroit, it's obvious.

Well damn, now I don't have to watch any hockey for the rest of the year. Thanks for saving me all of that wasted time, when we already know the certain outcome.

a. Neither of the two are any hotter than the Wings have been. All you need is Nashville to lose one POINT in their last games, or for LA to lose a game, and for the Wings to win all of theirs. Which could well happen given that the Wings are the hottest team in the league since the break.

b. Again, Chicago is ONE POINT behind the Sharks now. If Chicago is so great like you say, they'll take first. Or, alternatively, if the Wings are as bad as you say, they'd end up eighth and play San Jose anyways. ...of course both could happen and we'd play Chicago as 1 vs 8, but the point is that you don't know what will happen.

c. Detroit has played well against Chicago, stop being so negative.

Even if you really don't think the Wings could beat Chicago, you're getting way ahead of yourself thinking that the two will play in the first round at all. Just relax.

Edit: LA is 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. What the hell do you mean they're hot? You think that's hot, but you ***** about the Wings losing their first game in regulation in how long?

Edited by Zetts, 04 April 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#439 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Who are we all kidding anyway? Even if the Wings do win the cup this year, mindfly would still find something to complain about. Not that they will anyway seeing how they are gonna last no longer than 5 games against Chicago in round one.

#440 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

So put on your Hawks jersey if we draw Chicago. I'm not afraid of the Hawks. Last time I checked the Wings beat them last matchup in an entertaining fast-paced game, Quenneville is 5-16 vs. the Wings in the playoffs, and we beat them 4-1 last year. The Hawks are much improved this year but they are shaky in goal and they also have the Hossa curse going against them.

I'd prefer that the Wings not meet the Blackhawks in the first round because I think it would be a great series for 2nd or WCF, but right now I'd take the Wings in a matchup with the Hawks. Stop being afraid of teams that have never done anything or won anything....
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!