• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#441 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

So put on your Hawks jersey if we draw Chicago. I'm not afraid of the Hawks. Last time I checked the Wings beat them last matchup in an entertaining fast-paced game, Quenneville is 5-16 vs. the Wings in the playoffs, and we beat them 4-1 last year. The Hawks are much improved this year but they are shaky in goal and they also have the Hossa curse going against them.

I'd prefer that the Wings not meet the Blackhawks in the first round because I think it would be a great series for 2nd or WCF, but right now I'd take the Wings in a matchup with the Hawks. Stop being afraid of teams that have never done anything or won anything....

Gee, that was kind of pathetic... "Hossa curse" wtf is that? Get real... Shaky in goal??? Niemi is a solid goalie, great numbers, did you see the game versus the flames just earlier? if they go with him it's all good he's good enough for that team because they are loaded up front...

Hawks have gotten better this year, true, but it's more wings that has gotten much weaker, less firepower, rather than hawks become very much improved.

Edited by mindfly, 04 April 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#442 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

Gee, that was kind of pathetic... "Hossa curse" wtf is that? Get real... Shaky in goal??? Niemi is a solid goalie, great numbers, did you see the game versus the flames just earlier? if they go with him it's all good he's good enough for that team because they are loaded up front...

Hawks have gotten better this year, true, but it's more wings that has gotten much weaker, less firepower, rather than hawks become very much improved.

Mindfly doesn't have assurance that the Wings will win! Waaaah! Waaaaah!

#443 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

The Hawks traded Havlat for Hossa. Hossa is no doubt better, but it's not like they didn't lose players last off season.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#444 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

The Hawks traded Havlat for Hossa. Hossa is no doubt better, but it's not like they didn't lose players last off season.

They did much more than that though. They also added Tomas Kopecky. We have no chance.

#445 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

They did much more than that though. They also added Tomas Kopecky. We have no chance.

s***.

#446 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

And wings lost tons of goals and points in:
Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson, and those goals are nowhere to be seen on the current roster.

Edited by mindfly, 04 April 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#447 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Some team is going to have to prove they are the new 'team to beat' in the playoffs. Until then, the wings clearly have the psychological advantage on San Jose, Chicago, and Vancouver. Yeah we lost some goals, but after we got the full team back, we got to within 6 pts of chicago after this mess of a season. That's pretty impressive. A series with Detroit and Chicago this playoffs would be spectacular.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#448 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

And wings lost tons of goals and points in:
Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson, and those goals are nowhere to be seen on the current roster.

We're definitely not as good as last year or the year before, but it's not like we didn't replace those players (albeit with not as good players, but it's not like we are only playing with 9 forwards). And Chicago didn't get that much better so saying that we'd get swept is just stupid.

But what else is there to expect from you.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 04 April 2010 - 08:43 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#449 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

I really wish Ericsson would have fought Carcillo. The Flyers had their way with us today and it showed. It was embarrassing as a fan to watch.

Edited by skyphoenix, 04 April 2010 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

#450 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Lame-O didn't score, right?

Wings win...

#451 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

I really wish Ericsson would have fought Carcillo. The Flyers had their way with us today and it showed. It was embarrassing as a fan to watch.

Not really. They tried desperately to rattle Datsyuk, Helm and Franzen and it didn't work. I'm not sure what the final hit total was but for most of the game Philly only had a few extra hits.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#452 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Not really. They tried desperately to rattle Datsyuk, Helm and Franzen and it didn't work. I'm not sure what the final hit total was but for most of the game Philly only had a few extra hits.

they got under Holmstrom and Franzen's skin pretty well i thought

Posted Image

#453 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,958 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

they got under Holmstrom and Franzen's skin pretty well i thought

Yep. People here just don't want to admit that what the Flyers did actually seemed to work with some of our players.

We haven't played many teams all year that have tried this style against us. They had the personnel for it, and they got into the heads of some of our players with constant bullying tactics.

Homer and Franzen don't usually get so angry, so you know Carcillo did his job well.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#454 Pavrik Zettersyuk

Pavrik Zettersyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

Yep. People here just don't want to admit that what the Flyers did actually seemed to work with some of our players.

We haven't played many teams all year that have tried this style against us. They had the personnel for it, and they got into the heads of some of our players with constant bullying tactics.

Homer and Franzen don't usually get so angry, so you know Carcillo did his job well.

Opposing agitators also don't usually have a pedo-stache, it's new territory for them.

#455 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Well gee, will you look at that mindfly, San Jose lost. If the godly Chicago can win their extra game in hand, they'd be tied in points and hold the tie-breaker, so they'd be first. And Chicago has got at least one guaranteed win since they play the terrible Detroit Red Wings, right?

#456 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

I'm glad the Ducks won't be in the playoffs this year; hopefully we can avoid the Flames too.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#457 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

I think the Flyers can cause some problems in the East if they get in the playoffs.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#458 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

I'd like to see a Stache vs. Stache fight, Carcillo vs. Cindy.
And then I'd like that fight to end with Carcillo getting another suspension.