• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jjd06e

1-7-2

Rate this topic

ive been quite critical of osgoods sub-par play this year, but this is just getting old. youre beating a dead horse. osgood was decent yesterday, and without that soft first goal it would have been a completely different game.

Yea, "absolutely nothing for osgood." They scored 3 goals and only allowed 25 shots in the game. Osgood must not really support the team by your standards, because HE brought nothing today. 4 goals on 25 shots is awful. At one point early in the game the flyers had 4 scoring chances and they had 3 goals. This can't happen if you want to be a starting goalie.

Did that not happen against Nashville and Edmonton as well?

My bad. I put Selke because my friend was saying Ferraro was going to suck and be no better then Draper so I said I wouldn't mind that since Drapes scored 30 goals almost and won the Selke. Was saying the word Selke I guess so I typed it... Oops

That's what I figured (and sounds like something I would do), it just made me laugh. :hehe:

At the end of the day we all have our biases and you can make all the justifications you want. Any of us can spin this argument and make either goalie out to look better or worse than they are. Personally, I really like both Howard and Osgood and I don't want either of them gone under any circumstances next season because I think they both bring a lot of value to this team. Yes, the Wings had poor showings in both of their last two games while both Howard and Osgood were in net. Yes, both goaltedners let in weak goals. And yes, the Osgood supporters can blame it on the rust and the Howard supporters can blame it on fatigue while the Osgood haters can blame it on diminished skill and the Howard haters can blame it on being overrated. The fact is we should be approaching this topic as (hopefully) Osgood and Howard are and embracing this duo as a tandem. Osgood is mentoring Howard and the duo are working well together. Babcock is going to go with who he thinks will give this team the best chance to win and we, as Wings fans, should be pumped at how our season (and team defence and goaltending) has turned out because a couple months ago we looked like s***.

Yeah, I wish we had had the luxury of being able to get Osgood more starts throughout the year but we've seen the emergence of a great young goalie. Yeah I wish Osgood didn't let in a s***ty goal some 20 seconds into the game in philly but I'm happy that he had a solid 3rd period. With 3 games to go in the season we're battling it out for 5th in the West let's reserve judgment on our goaltedning situation for these last few games.

I agree it would have been great if Osgood had come out and dominated the Flyers but now that he had a chance to knock some rust off he should have a chance to play the Jackets on Friday and if he puts in a solid performance I think we should all be pretty content. Things have come together well for this team so bickering over the goaltending seems pretty silly to me.

At the end of the day we all have our biases and you can make all the justifications you want. Any of us can spin this argument and make either goalie out to look better or worse than they are. Personally, I really like both Howard and Osgood and I don't want either of them gone under any circumstances next season because I think they both bring a lot of value to this team. Yes, the Wings had poor showings in both of their last two games while both Howard and Osgood were in net. Yes, both goaltedners let in weak goals. And yes, the Osgood supporters can blame it on the rust and the Howard supporters can blame it on fatigue while the Osgood haters can blame it on diminished skill and the Howard haters can blame it on being overrated. The fact is we should be approaching this topic as (hopefully) Osgood and Howard are and embracing this duo as a tandem. Osgood is mentoring Howard and the duo are working well together. Babcock is going to go with who he thinks will give this team the best chance to win and we, as Wings fans, should be pumped at how our season (and team defence and goaltending) has turned out because a couple months ago we looked like s***.

Yeah, I wish we had had the luxury of being able to get Osgood more starts throughout the year but we've seen the emergence of a great young goalie. Yeah I wish Osgood didn't let in a s***ty goal some 20 seconds into the game in philly but I'm happy that he had a solid 3rd period. With 3 games to go in the season we're battling it out for 5th in the West let's reserve judgment on our goaltedning situation for these last few games.

I agree it would have been great if Osgood had come out and dominated the Flyers but now that he had a chance to knock some rust off he should have a chance to play the Jackets on Friday and if he puts in a solid performance I think we should all be pretty content. Things have come together well for this team so bickering over the goaltending seems pretty silly to me.

Excellent post, this is what was needed to be said.

Exactly. Though this thread is two kinds of people, Red Wings' fans and Osgood haters. I'm the former. I just hate when the latter dismisses any kind of explanation as being in some Osgood cult. I support both goaltenders and the better they BOTH do the better the team is and the happier I am. Go Osgood one of the best Wings of all-time and Go Howard this team is yours now, make us proud!