• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zettie85

Wings are playoff bound.

Rate this topic

I'm not picking their poison (I will never pick a preferred playoff opponent out of superstition) but I will say this:

I think I'd rather face San Jose or Chicago or Vancouver right off the hop before they get into a groove and save Phoenix and weaker teams later when a skilled, steady team can beat them (See Detroit vs. Chicago last playoffs).

Woo hoo! 19 years in a row!

:chug: :drunk: :beerbuddy: Wait, this isn't a blueadams line combo thread, hold the drinks. :P

His last one was absurd. For his playoff roster he took out Miller, the guy who has really solidified the PK.

I am hoping for 7th seed and a first round matchup with the Hawks. It is easy travel, Hawks are hurting in goal and on defence, and Quenneville has a horrible playoff record.... especially against the Wings!!!!

Wings in four games against the Hawks and make it a turkey shoot for Hossa!

I'm pretty new here and I already don't like Mindfly. What the hell is the point of all that negative thinking.

realistically we're the hottest team down this final stretch.

realistically we just clinched a playoff birth with a season that has had just about everyone on the roster on long term injury reserve at some point or another, largely all at the same time.

realistically the Wings are as dangerous as anyone in the playoffs.

Depending on the last game against CHI, at the moment we're winning in all mini-series against the top 4 West teams (except CHI where it's tied if I'm not mistaken). Considering we haven't had a great year, this is promising now we're hitting some form. I'll take any but strangely not the Coyotes.

I'm pretty new here and I already don't like Mindfly. What the hell is the point of all that negative thinking.

realistically we're the hottest team down this final stretch.

realistically we just clinched a playoff birth with a season that has had just about everyone on the roster on long term injury reserve at some point or another, largely all at the same time.

realistically the Wings are as dangerous as anyone in the playoffs.

Agree. It does say a lot when possibly our fittest player all season was Todd Bertuzzi!

haha! Thanks Chicago.

Not the way I pictured us getting our playoff berth, but I'll take it!

Great job guys! It's been a roller-coaster of a season, but it's been fun!

Yeah to all the doubters, HA You were wrong, Eat It !!!!!!!!!! Wings are in the playoffs. 19 Straight.

But seriously though, I understand how it can be to get frustrated with this team, so lets all just sit back get ready for the playoffs and hope for a long run. Its gonna be tough.

Considering all the adversity we've had, and everything we've gone through this season, to win is sweeter. And to win it all would be the most meaningful. I honestly believe that.

So here's to the boys, and let's hope they do well. No matter how far they go, I'm still proud of them. :champs:

Did anyone mention that if the Wings make the playoffs next year they will tie the longest playoff-streak in franchise history?

Nope, no one mentioned it.

If Lidstrom comes back I'm pretty confident they'll tie it. And if he comes back for the next year then I'm pretty confident they'll break it. I don't know the exact details of it but the compacted schedule due to the Olympics had a big effect on the Wings this season. Next year they won't have to deal with that.

Hopefully they'll be able to beat Boston's at 29 years. I hate Boston. They always seem to be better than Detroit at all the sports I care about. If they do that then they'll have the biggest streak in all of sports right?

Nope, no one mentioned it.

If Lidstrom comes back I'm pretty confident they'll tie it. And if he comes back for the next year then I'm pretty confident they'll break it. I don't know the exact details of it but the compacted schedule due to the Olympics had a big effect on the Wings this season. Next year they won't have to deal with that.

Hopefully they'll be able to beat Boston's at 29 years. I hate Boston. They always seem to be better than Detroit at all the sports I care about. If they do that then they'll have the biggest streak in all of sports right?

Correct....though beating NFL and MLB teams isn't really a fair comparison.

I would take Niemi over both Howard and Osgood based on how they played recently.

It appears you are finally jumping off the Red Wings bandwagon and jumping on to the Blackhawks... it's cool though, when you lack hockey knowledge all you have to go by is which team is playing the best :thumbup:

Edited by cupforwings

Guest mindfly

Howard is decent and Osgood flat out freakin' sucks

Niemi is decent.

I like Niemi's stickwork better so i'd take him over howard.

Guest mindfly

Why you acting like a tough guy on a internet forum? ridiculous... Yeah he is a decent goalie that looks superb playing on this team, he lack too much to be called a "great goalie" (read: stick-handling, rebound control, positioning etc)

Guest mindfly

most entertaining wings season in a long time

Personally I liked both 07/08 and 08/09 better, 07/08 because they played so damn good on almost every night and last season because of all the goals 300+ if i remember correctly?

most entertaining wings season in a long time

Agreed. It's easy to be a fan when everything's going right.

A season like this is exactly what some Wings fans need. A reminder of all that we have taken for granted in the long years since we've had to struggle for each and every point.