• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zettie85

Wings are playoff bound.

Rate this topic

Personally I liked both 07/08 and 08/09 better, 07/08 because they played so damn good on almost every night.

Ehh, I don't think so. They still had A LOT of games where they didn't put in a full 60 minutes.

up through the olympics i really wondered if the wings had it in them to even reach the play-offs. im so glad they went on this tear, and hope it continues through the play-offs. nothing would be sweeter than to knock out chicago two years in a row (then to go onto win the cup again!)

Agreed. It's easy to be a fan when everything's going right.

A season like this is exactly what some Wings fans need. A reminder of all that we have taken for granted in the long years since we've had to struggle for each and every point.

This. :thumbup:

I enjoyed the struggle. We had to work to earn our playoff spot and that made it even more meaningful.

Personally I liked both 07/08 and 08/09 better, 07/08 because they played so damn good on almost every night and last season because of all the goals 300+ if i remember correctly?

Wings haven't put up 300+ since 05-06.

Also I think Niemi is a lot less consistent than Howard, though they are both good goalies when on their game. Huet and Osgood are both playing baaaaad in the recent games for each.

This season was tough to watch through a lot of it but has been incredibly rewarding in the past few weeks. Hopefully they play well in the playoffs, the way they have played they have a legit chance to go take it all.

Because when they play like they should, like during most of the 07/08 season, and especially in that playoff they are the most fantastic team...

So then, basically you're admitting that you're a bandwagon fan?

Ban this D-bag, he's bad Juju.

Edited by RedFlag85

My hope for a playoff lineup including the black aces within a depth ranking:

9235.png9230.png9233.png

48588.png9241.png9243.png

9227.png14971.png52084.png

52085.png14973.png52553.png

9247.png9250.png

9245.png12640.png

12304.png9248.png

14972.png9253.png

Depth Chart Ranking

Forwards

Draper

Maltby

Ritola

Williams

Mursak

Defensemen

Janik

Lebda

Meech

Kindl

Pyett

Goaltenders

Larsson

McCollum

At the end of the day though, Babs, I beg you, please no Williams. Unless he suddenly changes into a player that doesn't float and plays tough on the puck then what use will he be in a playoff atmosphere? Yeah I know, right handed shot on the PP, but what good is Williams in the role if he doesn't even do smart things with the puck anyways?

Edited by titanium2