• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Should the Wings part ways with Osgood?

Rate this topic

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Detroit would be in 1-4 seed had howard just won 4-5 shootouts and avoided the sloppy goals in one goal games...Price is a franchise goaltender who would steal games for detroit, Howard is NOT.

This is opinion, not fact. Saying so-and-so would've happened doesn't make it true.

You're expectations are unrealistic. You are expecting him to give up just one or two goals a game or get 15 shutouts every single game. With how the rules have changed the past few years, getting a GAA under 2.00 for AN ENTIRE YEAR is a helluva feat and might just happen once, twice a year, if at all.

And could Howard stop more in shootouts? Sure. The shooters could also score a little bit more.

And pretty much any goalie from Greg Goldberg of the Mighty Ducks District-5 Team to Martin Brodeur is going to let a bad goal in from time to time.

I still fail to see how Price or Halak would be such a significant upgrade over Howard, who as pointed out above has some of the better stats AS A ROOKIE, where Price and Halak do not. And Price has not proven to be a franchise goalie (nor has Howard).

Be a little bit more realistic.

All his salary should go to lids, dats, Z and friend for bailing him out every night.

That's why Wings players and the like are claiming Howard to be the MVP of the team this year, and why major sports outlets point out that without Howard, the Wings might not be in the playoffs.

You're pretty silly you know that?

Guest mindfly

I will laugh at this next year when there is a reasonable chance we'll see the trademark "sophomore slump" with howard :rolleyes:

I really can't see the greatness in howard, i just get sick of the "1 sloppy goal per game" thing with him...

Edited by mindfly

I will laugh at this next year when there is a reasonable chance we'll see the trademark "sophomore slump" with howard :rolleyes:

I really can't see the greatness in howard, i just get sick of the "1 sloppy goal per game" thing with him...

While that could possibly happen in a sophmore season, but I still fail to see how Price would be so much better than Howard. You're probably not going to convince many people. Sorry.

Guest mindfly

And if we scored a few more goals, we wouldn't have gone to shootouts. Price is on his way out of Montreal for a reason.

Because the montreal defense sucks he's played very good in alot of games, 35-50saves and still end up losing etc... Price has more raw talent and higher potential and upside than halak, imagine if the hawks got price it would be freaking mad.

Guest Crymson

can you please just admit that you are trying to get a rise out of everyone... there's no way you can possibly even believe this yourself... this is seriously the single most asinine suggestion that has been on this board in a long time...

See this post, SouthernWingsFan. Intelligent discussion is wasted on Mindfly. He's either trying to get a rise out of people in this thread now or he's totally and irredeemably daft.

Guest Crymson

I don't need lessons on posting.

Thank you.

It was meant as a helpful suggestion, not a lesson. However, I do teach formal posting lessons for $20/hr. Contact me if you're interested.