• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Which playoff opponent do you prefer?

Rate this topic

Which playoff opponent do you prefer?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally would want Phoenix. Wings will probably need to win out for this to happen. This way, at least we would have home ice advantage, and play an inexperienced playoff team. Thoughts?

Edited by FunkedUp

Nashville scares me the most honestly so I like the idea of them playing Vancouver in the first round while we get Phoenix. Less playoff experience and only a 2 hour time difference as opposed to San Jose. I would like to wait for Chicago to get worn out so their injuries and shaky goaltending can be exposed when we play them.

Phoenix, even though I think they'd play well, I don't think they'd have the experience needed to get past the Wings.

Also, the fact that we beat a Dave Tippett-coached team in the Stanley Cup run of 07/08, might be good luck.

Phoenix easily. Not much playoff experience.

Though Luongo looks really shaky lately, Vancouver is a tough team to play against.

Sharks would be my 2nd choice, the ultimate chokers; Chicago is pretty good this year and they could beat the Wings, but the series would be epic.

Phoenix

San Jose

Chicago

Vancouver

I am somewhat nervous about Chicago and Vancouver. I know that both of those teams have been shakey, but based off their performance this season against us (like the 'Hawks back-to-back shutouts on us), I think that they have it in them to take us out in the first round. Phoenix or San Jose (although I know we won't get them) for sure.

Wow I can't believe people here are picking Phoenix.

Bryzgalov is not someone I want to mess with in the first round.

Would you prefer Luongo and the Sedins?

or hungry Sharks with Nabokov or even Chicago, which is a lot better than Phoenix?

Yotes have very little playoff experience, not to mention shorter trips compared to San Jose/Vancouver.

Wow I can't believe people here are picking Phoenix.

Bryzgalov is not someone I want to mess with in the first round.

well, look at the alternatives. every one of those teams have players thay noone really wants to mess with

a young skilled hawks with kane, toews, keith, hossa?

a top heavy sharks with marleu, thornton, heatley?

a deep (great role/key players) vancouver with top point producer sedin(s) plus luongo in goal?

can't really blame people for picking phoenix. not saying it will be easier with phoenix.

personally i would pick phoenix or sharks.. can't really decide :/. in the long run we have to beat the best anyway so maybe it doesent really matter who we get in the first round

edit: i voted the sharks just because a series vs the phoenix doesent make me excited at all

Edited by hak

or hungry Sharks with Nabokov or even Chicago, which is a lot better than Phoenix?

Yotes have very little playoff experience, not to mention shorter trips compared to San Jose/Vancouver.

I ended up picking San Jose. They might have a little playoff experience but not all that much when it comes to winning. Plus the Wings just seem to match up with them well. If it's Vancouver then I really can't see Zetterberg and/or Datsyuk getting out dueled by the Sedins and Bobby Loo right now is not really near his top form. With Chicago I think it would come down to goaltending and I think Jimmy is a little better than Niemi.

I think the Coyotes are going to be really hungry and among the four options they have the hottest goaltender. No thank you.

Guest Lidstromboli

SJ.

phoenix's game is built for the playoffs. stingy defensive play, lots of net crashing, great goalie, first playoffs appearance since 1938

Chicago.

I like to live dangerously.

Those of you voting for Phoenix need to realize that this is the kind of team we always struggle with in the playoffs. An untalented team that plays a defensive style of tight checking hockey and has a hot goalie. No thank you.

I'd like to say Phoenix, but I have a feeling if we go against a team that plays Dave Tippet hockey, the series could turn out to be a long one. Then again our other options aren't much better. We can shut down the Sedin's with Howard not choking but actually playing like regular season Howard, which will then allow Lids to get his job done, except other players like Kesler, Burrows, Raymond, Demitra, can make up for it. Then theirs Looooooooouuuuuuu so... Chicago will beat any low bottom seeders except if its against Detroit. Not saying they can't beat us, but Hawks know the Wings will put up a first round fight like no other. San Jose, well Heatley can produce in the playoffs, So can Boyle and he is on top of his game. Thorton and Marleau choke, but maybe a player like Heatley, can be able to get them far enough, but of course a team like Detroit comes along in the first round, just the very luck the Sharks have.

I'd say Detroit would probably fair best with Phoenix, but it wouldn't be as exciting as Chicago or Vancouver would be.

Edited by Superman54

I want to make Hossa and company weep... that team is prime for the taking in the 1st round. Goaltending sucks. Getting a crappy goalie in the 1st round would be a welcome change of pace from our playoff norm. We match up against Chicago well too. Honestly, I think Vancouver and San Jose are not that intimidating either. Phoenix is the only team that I am a little scared of... youth and speed, plus a goalie that has played great from day one in Phoenix.

Nashville scares me the most honestly so I like the idea of them playing Vancouver in the first round while we get Phoenix. Less playoff experience and only a 2 hour time difference as opposed to San Jose.

Phoenix is 3 hours behind Eastern Time until fall. We don't change our clocks here, so when you "sprang forward" we didn't.

Edited by DesertWing

Phoenix is the LAST team out of those four I would want to play in the first round. Luongo = trash, Nabakov = Trash, Niemei = Trash. Bryzgolov = goalie god playing among mere mortals.

Besides, Chicago and San Jose would be s***ting themselves if they drew the wings in the first round and possibly Vancouver as well. Phoenix has nothing to be scared of. Their whole season has been unexpected and people have just been waiting for them to slump... well again, people see them in the playoffs as the weaker team. They have nothing to lose and will play the same style the wings play. They really scare me.

I would say San Jose in the first round would be my pick... Nabakov is so over rated its not even funny.

I'd prefer Luongo and the Sedins, personally. The ice in Phoenix will be brutal in a couple weeks and for a puck possession team like Detroit, that could spell doom. Give me Luongo and a good sheet of ice.