• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YooperWingMan

Chicago takes Central

Rate this topic

I can't believe noone is talking about this. Chicago took the Central crown this afternoon and as well they should. They had a better season so far and it'll be nice to get the rivalry going again battling for div. crowns down the road. Heres to us getting younger soon and being able to hang with them in the years to come.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

congrats to chi-town for taking the central.

i had thoughts last year after the wings beat them in the conference final that they were gonna be a great team for many years. so far theyve lived up to that hype. but can they take this to the next level come playoff time? the last time they won a division title was in 92-93. and they got swept in the first round by the bluuuuues. so its been a long time coming for them being one of the top teams in the conference. so hopefully they will not have a repeat of that 93 season

lol The funny thing is that they care about it. In Chicago a "central division champion" banner would actually mean something. haha

Quick-- someone tell me who has the most Atlantic Division Champion banners? No one cares.

Cup are all that matter.

Guest Blackhawkdown

lol The funny thing is that they care about it. In Chicago a "central division champion" banner would actually mean something. haha

Quick-- someone tell me who has the most Atlantic Division Champion banners? No one cares.

Cup are all that matter.

See this is the problem when fans become to spoiled because of their teams success, you cant even really enjoy a great season because its always cup or bust. Of course the cup is the ultimate prize, but the Blackhawks havent won a division title it nearly two decades, so I am going to enjoy this for a minute, and then move on to the playoffs.

Guest mindfly

Congrats to hawks for a fantastic season, as i said before it is like watching the 07/08 wings play when they play, i'm sure they will go far this year. :clap:

Edited by mindfly

See this is the problem when fans become to spoiled because of their teams success, you cant even really enjoy a great season because its always cup or bust. Of course the cup is the ultimate prize, but the Blackhawks havent won a division title it nearly two decades, so I am going to enjoy this for a minute, and then move on to the playoffs.

Agreed. I think this year has been a healthy dose of humility of us. Can't just take things for granted.

Maybe not many people are talking about it because it doesn't matter? We've had so many trophies over the years the Central title doesn't really mean much. I thought I'd be more upset about not winning it, but things have really been put in perspective.

I'm just glad we managed to sneak into the playoffs. Congrats to the Hawks though, it's kind of refreshing being the underdog for once because instead of being spoiled and expecting greatness each year, we're the ones that get to fight for ground in the playoffs, which IMO, makes each game that much more exciting.

Congrats to the Hawks! I would rather give up the Central Division Crown to the Hawks than the Predators, BlueJackets, or Blues! Chicago is an Original 6 team, so eventhough I hate them, I still respect them!

Good... let them gather every ounce of false confidence they can before we slap them around... again.

They limped into a title... we're storming into the playoffs. This'll be interesting.

Edited by Broken 16

I agree, congratulations on winning the title and good luck in the playoffs! :)

apparently winning a division only matters if the wings do it

It was just inevitable that we would win it over the past how many years. It still looks pretty useless hanging from the rafters if you don't have a Stanley Cup banner hanging near it with the same year though.

Something slightly relevant... I just read this quote by Patrick Kane and it gave me a chuckle:

"I think we play better when I play better. That's a big part of our team, my production. But at the same time a lot of guys have also stepped up when I haven't been playing good."

A two-point night seems to inflate his ego pretty quickly. :-)

Something slightly relevant... I just read this quote by Patrick Kane and it gave me a chuckle:

"I think we play better when I play better. That's a big part of our team, my production. But at the same time a lot of guys have also stepped up when I haven't been playing good."

A two-point night seems to inflate his ego pretty quickly. :-)

Wow, I thought Kane was better then that.