• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YooperWingMan

Chicago takes Central

Rate this topic

Something slightly relevant... I just read this quote by Patrick Kane and it gave me a chuckle:

"I think we play better when I play better. That's a big part of our team, my production. But at the same time a lot of guys have also stepped up when I haven't been playing good."

A two-point night seems to inflate his ego pretty quickly. :-)

WOW!!!! I'm the ALL MIGHTY KANE!! BOW BEFORE MY GREATNESS :notworthy:

You know, he is the perfect player for Chicago because his ego pretty much sums up the city. I'm not bitter at all about them winning the division, they deserve it, but him and the rest of the team can go to hell.

Sorry... I'm not buying the 'Shut down Kane and Chicago loses' nugget.

Kane and Toews.

It's just like the Wings, if Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Z play like s*** we lose. It's basically how it is. They won't say it but it's true.

Guest Lidstromboli

Sorry... I'm not buying the 'Shut down Kane and Chicago loses' nugget.

"But at the same time a lot of guys have also stepped up when I haven't been playing good."

I see nothing wrong with the Kane comment and as for the 20 cent thing he was a 20 yr old kid. get over it guys everyone makes mistakes when you are young and having a good time. He speaks the truth tho if he does well the team seems to do well...not rocket science, but its def. true

The reason there there wasn't a thread about this before you came along YooperWingMan is because nobody cares... We weren't expecting to win the division come November with all the injuries and the wings probably ran out of space in the rafters to put another banner anyways. Congrats to Chicago I guess? In my eyes though, it really is cup or bust.

you cant even really enjoy a great season because its always cup or bust.

That is all that matters. Cup or bust is the attitude that permeates the Detroit Red Wings organization and is one of the main reasons why it has been the best NHL team of the last 20 years.

Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning something I guess.

After this recent stretch, I have little doubt the Red Wings would have won the division again this season had they not gotten completely wrecked by injuries.

Edited by GoWings1905

Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning something I guess.

After this recent stretch, I have little doubt the Red Wings would have won the division again this season had they not gotten completely wrecked by injuries.

Or if Detroit had won half of their OT/shootout games they've lost this season, they'd be right there with Chicago.

See this is the problem when fans become to spoiled because of their teams success, you cant even really enjoy a great season because its always cup or bust. Of course the cup is the ultimate prize, but the Blackhawks havent won a division title it nearly two decades, so I am going to enjoy this for a minute, and then move on to the playoffs.

Wrong team and time to flaunt the participation award to, and I'm surprised you received so much sympathy here.

Not since the 70s has the Division Title meant a thing around here.... sure Lions fans would parade the streets, but not Red Wings fans.

Go ahead and enjoy it, but don't fool yourself into thinking it really means much to the rest of us.

Edited by egroen

The reason there there wasn't a thread about this before you came along YooperWingMan is because nobody cares... We weren't expecting to win the division come November with all the injuries and the wings probably ran out of space in the rafters to put another banner anyways. Congrats to Chicago I guess? In my eyes though, it really is cup or bust.

Reminds me of The Mighty Ducks where The Hawks had one 2nd place banner within a mess of 1st place banners. "Oh boy... I wish they would take that one down. Don't you?"

Good for Chicago. Nothing wrong with celebrating a division title when you haven't won it in a good bit. It's a good feat for them and an organization that is improving to be more competitive on a consistent basis. Looks like they are getting closer and closer to that point. Let them have their fun and let them enjoy the moment.

And on a selfish note, while I want the Wings to keep winning, part of me will giggle if they fall back to the 7th seed as I'll be in Chicago for a few days around the 3rd weekend of April/this month. :P

Edited by SouthernWingsFan