• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Darren Helm plays on with broken nose

Rate this topic

Didn't even know he broke his nose yesterday...

Helm got hurt his first shift when he was hit by Flyers forward Ian Laperriere (the same guy who knocked Nicklas Lidstrom into the boards while a member of the Colorado Avalanche).

X-rays taken immediately after the game revealed a small break.

"If it's broken, it's broken," Helm said. "It happened my first five seconds."

Helm scored a goal, and was part of the Wings' overall best line, along with Dan Cleary and Patrick Eaves.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100404/BLOG09/100404033/1166/Darren-Helm-plays-on-with-broken-nose

Guest micah

Why wouldn't he have? A broken nose is not cause to miss a shift unless it's to get the bleeding stopped.

He's a hockey player, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Although I love Helm, he never takes a shift off and is pretty much a perfect energy player(if only he could fight :unsure: ).

Guest Four

seriously? it is a 4 min high sticking penalty

Leaving feet & elbow more like it

seriously? it is a 4 min high sticking penalty

Charging, I don't think the stick went up... is it a 5 min major as the second choice? It wasn't as bad as some past hits, but it wasn't clean in the least.

Guest Crymson

Why wouldn't he have? A broken nose is not cause to miss a shift unless it's to get the bleeding stopped.

It's extremely painful.

Guest Lidstromboli

i'm buying the jerseys of every wings player that has had a broken nose

I'm not belittling his game but when I broke my nose five minutes before going to work selling stereo equipment I managed the whole day more or less fine (still talked, and wheeled fine)... even when my eyes got puffy and started to blacken hours after the accidental elbow.

Guest micah

I'm not belittling his game but when I broke my nose five minutes before going to work selling stereo equipment I managed the whole day more or less fine (still talked, and wheeled fine)... even when my eyes got puffy and started to blacken hours after the accidental elbow.

Yup. A broken nose isn't reason for a boxer to quit, much less a hockey player.

youre missing the point by saying its not a big deal. he broke his nose, got hit in the face again after his nose was broken, scored a goal, layed out some hits and was one of the best players on ice that game. thats why he deserves props.