• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Darren Helm plays on with broken nose

Rate this topic

youre missing the point by saying its not a big deal. he broke his nose, got hit in the face again after his nose was broken, scored a goal, layed out some hits and was one of the best players on ice that game. thats why he deserves props.

AND he does this pretty much every game. Not get a broken nose, but plays on with heart and grit no matter what.

Charging, I don't think the stick went up... is it a 5 min major as the second choice? It wasn't as bad as some past hits, but it wasn't clean in the least.

Looked like a definite charge. I think an elbow too. I'd have to see the hit again, but that's my memory of it. Leaving his feet and elbowing Helm in the face.

There's a lot of tough guys in this thread. Having your nose broken may not be that big of a deal, but still flying into corners and hitting guys when you have a broken nose is another thing. It's not just the broken nose, but still playing a physical game. Not that surprising from a hockey player, but still pretty gritty.

I'm not belittling his game but when I broke my nose five minutes before going to work selling stereo equipment I managed the whole day more or less fine (still talked, and wheeled fine)... even when my eyes got puffy and started to blacken hours after the accidental elbow.

Ok, I'm not belittling YOU here...but playing a professional sport and selling stero equipment has a different level of intensity. The guy is pumping blood like crazy, trying to catch as much oxygen as possible, probably through his mouth, going into boards and taking/laying hits. I am pretty sure no one was trying to "take you out" at the stereo store. Its not just the level of pain, its the level of energy and punishment your body would have to endure to play NHL hockey with a broken nose.

Just sayin'...