• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings4Life19

last game vs Chicago

Rate this topic

If the west seedings are set by sunday when the wings finish the year in chicago, and the wings and hawks are going to play in the first round do the wings rest some guys to avoid injury or go out and set the stage by trying to dominate them and show them that the Wings still own them.

We far from own them. We won a couple games this year, but #1 Huet was in net for them in the comeback game. #2 They dominated most of the play in almost everygame. We will have our hands full especially if their rookie goaltender like ours...plays like he has been.

Guest mjtm77

yea to be honet don't see us beating the hawks.

lets hope for a good and long playoff run

Guest Lidstromboli

Do we even have cap room to bring up guys to rest anyone? I thought we really couldn't without sending anyone through waivers.

Are you talking about playoffs or the last few games of the season? I'm pretty sure the cap doesn't matter in the playoffs.

Are you talking about playoffs or the last few games of the season? I'm pretty sure the cap doesn't matter in the playoffs.

HA! Why would we ever rest players in the playoffs. This thread is talking about the last game vs chicago.

We far from own them. We won a couple games this year, but #1 Huet was in net for them in the comeback game. #2 They dominated most of the play in almost everygame. We will have our hands full especially if their rookie goaltender like ours...plays like he has been.

#1 our team was decimated with injuries in December for the first game of the home and home...#2, the team was still injured for the second game of the home and home considering it was 2 days later...#3, we dominated the game in that shootout loss after the 1st period... It will be a good matchup, this game and in the playoffs.

The Blackhawks haven't beaten a healthy Red Wings team yet this season. Both times the Red Wings had a full lineup (home opener & back in March) they won. The three Chicago wins (especially the two straight in December) looked nothing like the team we see now.

I agree the Red Wings would have their hands full in a playoff series, but I highly doubt Chicago would be anywhere near pleased to see Detroit in the first round.

I wouldn't be surprised if Babcock rested Lidstrom and maybe another player or two, no matter what the standings, simply because he can.

A little extra rest to someone with tendinitis (like Lidstrom) is worth a lot.

The Blackhawks haven't beaten a healthy Red Wings team yet this season. Both times the Red Wings had a full lineup (home opener & back in March) they won. The three Chicago wins (especially the two straight in December) looked nothing like the team we see now.

I agree the Red Wings would have their hands full in a playoff series, but I highly doubt Chicago would be anywhere near pleased to see Detroit in the first round.

Have we beaten them yet this year with a full lineup (Hossa) and Niemi starting? Or has it always been Huet?

It seems like the only time we've beaten them this year is when Huet imploded and let in a bunch in a short amount of time to let us steal back all the momentum and the lead. Without the Frenchman in net it might not be as easy. I guess we'll see.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

I wouldn't be surprised if Babcock rested Lidstrom and maybe another player or two, no matter what the standings, simply because Patrick Sharp has a propensity for ripping our stars' nut sacks open.

A little extra rest to someone with tendinitis (like Lidstrom) is worth a lot.

Fixed that one for ya.

i don't think you'll see any roster changes for the last game, but if the playoff seeds are set in stone, you might see 3-22/52 and 43-33-17 burning up some extra minutes. i think babs will keep our top guys in game shape, but give them all a few less minutes, even if we lose that game.

then again, i could see babs going all out and trying to win that last game just to make sure the hawks are s***ting bricks. i'm glad i don't have to make those decisions.