• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lovin Jiri Fischer

Playoff Superstitions?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Not shower until they are out of the playoffs :hehe: ..I kid :cool:

Just the usual..not shave, leave it all be, even though I don't get the manly beards like bert or zetterberg <_<

Edited by mindfly

I started not shaving in 08 and they won but lost last year so I am not growing one this year. But our first child is going to be born soooon and guess whos getting a wings jersey for the start of the playoffs!!! Thats my good luck charm this year :thumbup:

I have to have something Red Wings related on my body AT ALL TIMES on game day starting at midnight. As an example, I wait till 11:59 the night before a game and put on a Red Wings t-shirt so that when it turns to midnight, I start off already wearing something. I will sleep in that t-shirt. Then the next day when I'm getting dressed, I will first put my hair in my Red Wings scrunchy so that when I take the t-shirt off, I'm still wearing Wings gear. Then I'll put on another Wings shirt or jersey then take the scrunchy off. I usually try to shower the night before so I don't have to worry about doing it, but if I need to shower on a game day, I have to have my Wings scrunchy around my wrist in the shower. When I say I have to wear something Wings related at all times, I really mean at all times.

I can only wear Wings apparel on game days. Started back in the '98 run.

If I wear any Red Wings stuff on non game days, it's a guaranteed loss in the next game.

I use to stop shaving during the playoffs but puberty has not been kind to me as I have several bald spots.

One of the spots where it never seems to grow is the middle of the mustache area. If I ever have to play the role of Adolf Hitler I will be totally screwed.

I send a message to Pasha before every playoff game...and every message ends the same way..."always remember you are loved".

Worked in '08, almost worked in '09, it will work this year for sure!

Oh man, not these all over again. Wear the white jersey for road games, the red one for home games and the black one or Winter Classic for elimination games. My son can't go to bed unless they're winning. I have to stand during intermissions and I can NEVER eat nachos or wear any of my championship Wings T-shirts from prior years. I'm sure I'll develop new ones this year.

Gritty beard (mine looks HORRENDOUS when fully grown), my unwashed Datsyuk jersey (I wash it once a year in the off season, almost a religious ceremony) I wear it on every game day.

If we really need a win that night, I'll also wear Wings hats and t-shirts. I have an autographed Gordie Howe picture on the wall, and if the Wings REALLY need a win, I'll ask Gordie to help us out. He always does.

I watch every game at the local sports bars and bring my red wave playoff towel from 07 playoffs and wear my datsyuk winter classic jersey. And then carry a red wings lucky charm and kiss it for good luck before the game and grow my horrendous playoff beard, its very spotty and juvenile looking, even though im 21.

Wear a jersey during every game and it doesn't get washed until they are eliminated/win the cup. I also wear the same hat until they lose a game, then I have a rotation pretty much.

Edited by henrik40

I don't know how much of a superstition this is but I started joining my buddies playoff pool after the 02 win. I was in it all the way up until 08 when I said that I'm not going to do it this year because I want to shake things up in my playoff routine and hoped it would work. It definitely did. The next year I never joined and we were right back in the finals. Work prevented me from watching the finals so I have a feeling that is why we lost but I'm in school now so I will get to catch every game this post season.

I used to be really superstitious when I was younger and watched with my dad. I could only sit in a certain place and a certain way. I couldn't move my feet until the period was over and every time the Wings would shoot I would close my eyes. For awhile the closing my eyes thing worked quite well.

Edited by zettie85

Question: If the Wings lose in the playoff do you guys blame yourselves for not sticking to the playoff superstition? Just wondering.

Anyway, mine is to wear red on game days and a Wings shirt to track practice. I know I did it in 08, but can't remember if I did it in 09. :/ Also, I have to medal at the state track meet. I figured out that how far I go in track mirrors how far they go in the playoffs. It's really weird and freaks me out.

Since I don't have to worry about cleaning up for a summer internship, the beard groweth.

Also, I'm going to make sure I wear something with the Winged Wheel on it on gamedays, and only on gamedays.

I'll probably wear my pair of these on gamedays too: http://www.zappos.com/puma-the-suede-ribbon-red-white

Edited by lookalive07

I put my car flag up on game days ONLY. I used to have a lucky Yzerman coca cola coin that I held in my hand during games back in 2002 when Canada won Gold and the Wings won the Cup, but Detroit won in 08 without me having it so I don't bother with it anymore.

Honestly though, the more the years pass the more I realize that my superstitions have nothing to do with the Wings winning or losing. Haha.

As for the playoff beard, I only shave after a loss.

Playoff Bracelets.

Also after each game, I have the scorer of the last goal as my wallpaper.

Reminded me.... After each game the Wings have WON in the playoffs for the last two years I put a picture of my player of the game as my facebook profile pic. The picture was always taken from yahoo.ca sports and it was always of the player during that game. No old pics.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

I don't shave after Detroit's last regular season game until they win the Cup or are eliminated, due to my inability to grow facial hair, no one can even tell that I don't shave. :c

Other than that I wear my Wings jersey only on game days, I consider wearing it on a non game day to be bad luck.