• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjtm77

Price or Halak

Rate this topic

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mjtm77

just wondering who you think they should keep.

I think Halak is beter right now but I think Price will be a better golie in a couple of years.

Edited by mjtm77

I say Halak. Realistically this poll would be better suited after the playoffs. As of right now though Halak seems to be their #1. They will get some good return on Price though. More return on Price and Halak seems to be the better goalie right now. I say return purely because they could still resign both and then trade Price away.

Clearly I'm missing something. Why do they have to choose? Is this just hypothetical?

Both are going to be RFA's and both of there contracts will be going up. Halak will want a lot more. The responsible thing for a GM to do would be to let one go. It's becoming more and more apparent that Price may not be suited for Montreal. Halak seems to be doing great.

Get rid of Price and get the picks that come with losing an RFA. Halak your number 1 and Desjardine as the back up.

Edit: Price was Gainey's Golden boy. I don't know why but I could see Price in the Western Confrence soon. St. Louis?

Edited by zettie85

Both are going to be RFA's and both of there contracts will be going up. Halak will want a lot more. The responsible thing for a GM to do would be to let one go. It's becoming more and more apparent that Price may not be suited for Montreal. Halak seems to be doing great.

Get rid of Price and get the picks that come with losing an RFA. Halak your number 1 and Desjardine as the back up.

:thumbup:

Guest mindfly

I thought you wanted Detroit to get better?

Price would be The WALL playing behind detroit..

Price could end up as another Fleury. They both have talent but were ruined by mismanagement.

Halak is very good now. There's no guarantee Price will ever reach his potential.

I'm glad I'm not the one making this decision.

Montreal is just a joke right now. They have no identity at ALL! C'mon Plekanec, Halak, Markov, Gionta, Gomez, Kostytsin,....... Should they not try to keep a canadian boy who could de worth a cent?

I m of course aware that our leaders come not really from michigan too, but i just feel it is really really something wrong with Montreal. For us it s not really something new as we had already the russian five for example.

What do you think? do you have the same feeling as me?

Montreal is just a joke right now. They have no identity at ALL! C'mon Plekanec, Halak, Markov, Gionta, Gomez, Kostytsin,....... Should they not try to keep a canadian boy who could de worth a cent?

I m of course aware that our leaders come not really from michigan too, but i just feel it is really really something wrong with Montreal. For us it s not really something new as we had already the russian five for example.

What do you think? do you have the same feeling as me?

Well they can't just go after french Canadians and hope things work out. Gainey is gone so things may turn around because Price does't get as many starts now that he isn't play as well.

Latendresse couldn't do s*** in Montreal. They got rid of him and it worked out for both teams. Same could happen with Price.

Well guys like Koivu were allowed to walk via UFA this past summer...Alot of new faces on the Habs roster this year.

Of course but they ve brought Gomez or Gionta who are americans as their leaders. Also Camalleri i agree.

But don t you feel there is something wrong with their lineup? I would rather see them keeping Price

Well they can't just go after french Canadians and hope things work out. Gainey is gone so things may turn around because Price does't get as many starts now that he isn't play as well.

Latendresse couldn't do s*** in Montreal. They got rid of him and it worked out for both teams. Same could happen with Price.

Well at least for the marketing it would be a good think, cuz for the competition i guess they couldn t do much worse. Montreal is the typical team out in the 1st round of the playoffs. I can t see them getting better with the players they have.

+having an identified core which fits with your identity could only help them. For example this year, what was the point to recruit these tiny players? I don t get it...

I'd keep Halak. He's consistently been the better goalie this season. And from the sounds of it, he's a better teammate as well.

Who knows if Price will ever reach his draft-day potential? Besides, Price would probably fetch more on the trade/offer sheet market.

Guest Crymson

Kenny get price over here!!!

Mindfly doesn't have a perfect team to spare him the anguish of losing! Waaah! Waaaah! And then if Price did badly here, he'd cry more! Waaah!

There's a couple of things they'd need to evaluate if they're going to choose between the two.

First, how much they trust their talent evaluation. Second, if they'll be a contender any time soon (unlikely).

If their scouts are right, Price will end up being better than Halak. Or at least that's my impression. He's pegged as the goalie of the future. If they won't be contending soon, keep Price and have better goaltending in a few years when the team might be better. If they'll be challenging soon in their eyes, keep Halak, because he gives them the best chance now.

Edited by Zetts

Guest mjtm77

its a tough one

price should have been traded at the deadline

Edited by mjtm77

Surprised at the results here... Halak is the better goalie right now but Price is the future. I'd be shocked if they traded Price in the offseason. I'd like to see Halak land in Philadelphia.

Surprised at the results here... Halak is the better goalie right now but Price is the future. I'd be shocked if they traded Price in the offseason. I'd like to see Halak land in Philadelphia.

Price was the future in the Gainey era. Price was Gainey's baby the same the same way that Phaneuf was Sutter's. Phaneuf is gone.

I don't see them sticking with Price now that Gainey isn't there. Price was good for half a season and part of the playoffs. Since then he has been very questionable. Halak has been rock solid since he made his debut. I think you have to give Halak the reward.