• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

A couple of years ago, this thread would never happen on LGW, but face it. Lilja is a valuable d-man to the franchise. He is not Lidstrom valuable of course, but a solid contribution to the blue line. Ever since Lils got back in the lineup, Detroit has won a lot of games. Coincidence? Maybe, but he sure is way better then meech, ericsson and lebda. Also, wings did miss lilja in last years playoffs.

#2 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

and still he got scratched versus philly? <_<

#3 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

really? That's news to me.

#4 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

I still can't figure out why Babcock did that. It definitely contributed to the loss.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#5 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

He's a pimp. :hat:

I still can't figure out why Babcock did that. It definitely contributed to the loss.

Source

Couple days old but could be why.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Boy,Weber is sure a thorn in Lils side :scared:

#7 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

He's a pimp. :hat:

Source

Couple days old but could be why.

WEBER!

Posted Image

works every time

#8 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

I think they listed him as a healthy scratch, but I could definitely see it being his knee after that shot he blocked.

Or they didn't want him getting tuned up by Carcillo or Hartnell and get concussed again, since he's one of the only Wings who will drop the gloves.

#9 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

oh that Weber boy, always getting in Mrs Wilson's garden! he's nothing but trouble i tells ya!

Posted Image

#10 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

fixed.

I don't think you'll see him ever fight again.

I think they listed him as a healthy scratch, but I could definitely see it being his knee after that shot he blocked.

Or they didn't want him getting tuned up by Carcillo or Hartnell and get concussed again, since he's one of the only Wings who will used to drop the gloves.

Edited by FireCaptain, 06 April 2010 - 08:15 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#11 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

Or they didn't want him getting tuned up by Carcillo or Hartnell and get concussed again, since he's one of the only Wings who will drop the gloves.

Hartnell got tuned up by Fischer and Lilja is a better fighter than Fischer.

I fail to see how he'd get tuned up by ginger boy. Carcillo is a good fighter but overrated.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#12 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hartnell got tuned up by Fischer and Lilja is a better fighter than Fischer.

I fail to see how he'd get tuned up by ginger boy. Carcillo is a good fighter but overrated.

Don't get me wrong, I hate them both. :D Hartnell especially.

Lilja is a better fighter than Fischer? I don't remember Fischer dropping the gloves that much, but him being pretty good when he did. I admire Lilja's stepping up and trying to drop them, but honestly he hasn't done much in a fight I saw that was very impressive. I mean, I think the most impressive thing is him trying to learn to fight at the elite level of the sport, because I'm betting he hadn't done it much before that.

#13 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

A couple of years ago, this thread would never happen on LGW, but face it. Lilja is a valuable d-man to the franchise. He is not Lidstrom valuable of course, but a solid contribution to the blue line. Ever since Lils got back in the lineup, Detroit has won a lot of games. Coincidence? Maybe, but he sure is way better then meech, ericsson and lebda. Also, wings did miss lilja in last years playoffs.

Bolded: Oh Hell yeah

Reply to Thread in General: Lilja has been great upon his return, and it's good to see he is showing the 2008+ Lilja rather than the one who used to constantly get bagged on. In my mind, his "just keep it simple and try not to mess up" mindset is an anchor, and I am glad that I can count on at least one Defensemen on the Wing's other than Lidstrom to always care about defense first. Also, his style of play meshes far better with Ericcson/Lebda than when they are paired together.

Overall great to have him back.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#14 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Lilja is a better fighter than Fischer? I don't remember Fischer dropping the gloves that much, but him being pretty good when he did. I admire Lilja's stepping up and trying to drop them, but honestly he hasn't done much in a fight I saw that was very impressive. I mean, I think the most impressive thing is him trying to learn to fight at the elite level of the sport, because I'm betting he hadn't done it much before that.

Yeah, I think Fischer really paid attention to those lessons from Kocur.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#15 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

I love him so much the last time I was at the Joe I asked if they had a Lilja jersey to buy. He said they had to make is special, but their equipment was all put away (this was after the game).

Perhaps next time, Lilja!
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#16 swedishseven

swedishseven

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

Im just worried about his future playing that kind of role,i mean,we lost him for a year over a scrap.can he and the team afford to put him in the position again?...i geuss it depends on how healthy his melon is ..

#17 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

dude hartnell is my cousin
Posted Image

#18 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:16 AM

dude hartnell is my cousin

Are you the Geico caveman or Carrott Top? :hehe: :hehe:

#19 South Dakota wings fan

South Dakota wings fan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

It's called rest.

#20 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:16 AM

It's called rest.

I thought resting for a year would be enough?