• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#21 Pavrik Zettersyuk

Pavrik Zettersyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

Chicago weak defensively? They are currently 4th in GAA, only New jersey, Boston, Phoenix have tighter team defense.

I assure you, either team in a Hawks/Wings series will give the other a run for their money, whoever wins.

Just so you know you're allowed to root for the Wings to win, whoever they play, not just root for them to get the best possible matchup because they suck too bad to beat the good teams.

The Wings are one of the good teams.

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

No....it really isn't. The Wings are healthier than they've been all season and Chicago isn't. Couple that with Chicago having shaky and/or inexperienced goaltending, and the fact that the Wings have hit their stride at the perfect time.

Will it be a battle with CHI if the Wings face them in the first round: Absolutely. Will it be "Game Over" for Detroit: Absolutely Not.

Two years of experience has, no doubt, made it rather clear to you that Mindfly is a waste of time.

#23 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

hey dumbass their top 2 defensemen r injured and theres no way huet is goina carry them in playoffs

Top2? That would be Keith and Seabrook and they are healthy, Campbell is their 3rd D and Johnsson played on the third pair as far as i know..

Huet won't carry them but Niemi will play solid and good enough for them to win.

I assure you, either team in a Hawks/Wings series will give the other a run for their money, whoever wins.

Just so you know you're allowed to root for the Wings to win, whoever they play, not just root for them to get the best possible matchup because they suck too bad to beat the good teams.

The Wings are one of the good teams.

Yeah probably but depth wins championship's... compare wings third and fourth line with hawks third and fourth line...I'll root for wings to win but i'm going to stay realistic too.

Edited by mindfly, 07 April 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#24 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

Top2? That would be Keith and Seabrook and they are healthy, Campbell is their 3rd D and Johnsson played on the third pair as far as i know..

Huet won't carry them but Niemi will play solid and good enough for them to win.

What have Keith or Seabrook done in the playoffs? Campbell may be a plug, but he plays alot of minutes for the Hawks. Hjarlmarsson is overated by Chicago fans and broadcasters, he's nothing special. Boynton can barely skate, and Sopel is one of the dumbest players in the NHL. I'm so scared of Chicago, Niemi is untested and Huet sucks. Hossa cant play in the playoffs, Toews, Kane, Sharp and those guys are good players. But in you remember, the Hawks won only one game against us last year, it was in overtime. We were a bounce away from sweeping the bastards, bring them on. mindfly I know the king of negativity and pessimism, but come on man, have some pride.

#NOMOREKINDL

#25 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

What have Keith or Seabrook done in the playoffs? Campbell may be a plug, but he plays alot of minutes for the Hawks. Hjarlmarsson is overated by Chicago fans and broadcasters, he's nothing special. Boynton can barely skate, and Sopel is one of the dumbest players in the NHL. I'm so scared of Chicago, Niemi is untested and Huet sucks. Hossa cant play in the playoffs, Toews, Kane, Sharp and those guys are good players. But in you remember, the Hawks won only one game against us last year, it was in overtime. We were a bounce away from sweeping the bastards, bring them on. mindfly I know the king of negativity and pessimism, but come on man, have some pride.

That was last year, as we all know this season is alot different. They now have Bertuzzi and williams instead of Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson.... :unsure:

Don't forget that detroit is also a lower seed this year and will have to start two games away all the time, it's easy to go down 2-0 and after that... it's very though.

Edited by mindfly, 07 April 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

The only team that actually worries me in the Western conference is Chicago. San Jose is our ***** and all the other teams have major flaws that the Wings can exploit.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

dont forget to remove murray from the lineup... he got a concussion from big ol keith. hes out for the rest of the season. good thing for us because he was their best player last game.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

anything less then 2 points will most likely clitch the #7 seed for us.

go wings!

Posted Image

#29 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

i'll be so depressed if they drop this one. thinking about going down to the joe possibly...

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

But seriously wings lets win one I don't wanna go into playoffs on a 5 game slump.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

I really dislike when I get to miss 3/4 of the game because of work.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#32 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

******* useless rafael and carrick, now i really am PISSED OFF :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

#33 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

if PHX wins tonight then they are guaranteed 4th seed and theres a lock jam for the 5th, 6th, and 7 seeds. if PHX loses boy oh boy... seeds 4-7 will be up for grabs.

hope the wings bring their a game tonight and dont "blow" this game to the BJs..especially if Rick Nash is out of the lineup :ph34r:

#34 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Go Wings!

Were going to win tonight because I am so excited for the playoffs to start, I even wore all Detroit Red Wings today. Wearing the jersey proud!

Wings win 4-1.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#35 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Last home game of the regular season..... I have to do this for the final time this season.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hofv4p2-KJM"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Hofv4p2-KJM[/url]

#36 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Idk about you guys but I'm really sick of the regular season right now. Bring me playoff hockey!

I remember thinking this half-way through the season last year. :lol: I guess meaningful regular season games (which we have now exhausted, but not before game 80 of the year) do carry some novelty.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#37 btweinberg

btweinberg

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Last home game of the regular season..... I have to do this for the final time this season.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hofv4p2-KJM"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Hofv4p2-KJM[/url]

Still love that video!

#38 wingscapsfan

wingscapsfan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

I don't post here often, but seriously what is wrong with this guy? What's with all this negativity? Why don't you just go and cheer for the Hawks, since you have such a hard-on for them.

Chicago weak defensively? They are currently 4th in GAA, only New jersey, Boston, Phoenix have tighter team defense.

#39 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Let's Go WINGS!!!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#40 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

I don't post here often, but seriously what is wrong with this guy? What's with all this negativity? Why don't you just go and cheer for the Hawks, since you have such a hard-on for them.

Just trying to even things out too much homerism and biased people on here.. i think on a forum it's good to have some fresh air and to stir things up (in a good way, make people think twice) so not every post is LETS GO WINGS.. .hmm

Edited by mindfly, 07 April 2010 - 05:00 PM.