• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Rugged Defenseman

Rate this topic

Reading through the NHL central rankings I see a lot of players I like and Detroit could draft anyone I don't really know but I thought I would analyze the rankings a bit. Since the wings have seemed to go a bit towards gritty guys recently I'm just going to talk about the gritty guys.

A type of player Detroit is missing in the system. Rugged Defenseman

Dylan Mcilrath - He's ranked 17 in NA skaters and was voted toughest player in the WHL, which is a difficult feat to reach. Detroit could end up drafting around this spot so taking him would fill a void for sure. An enforcer(a scary one at that) that is good enough to go first round. This would be the pick I would most like to see. He's huge too at 6'4

A few other guys include Radko Gudas. He's been scrapping in the dub but he's from Prague(I think),Tyler Stahl 15 fights this year in the dub 6'3 so he has the size to be mean in the NHL, and Austin Levi from plymouth who could be a potential pick since he's from Farmington Hills. I'm not sure but Patrik Nemeth has some size and is Swedish so he could possibly fit this mold.

I remember someone zoomed in on a list of guys Kenny was scouting or something on TV and Mcilrath was on the list and highlighted so this could very well be a void they are trying to fill this year.

I could actually see Detroit trading up for Mcilrath to be honest.

Reading through the NHL central rankings I see a lot of players I like and Detroit could draft anyone I don't really know but I thought I would analyze the rankings a bit. Since the wings have seemed to go a bit towards gritty guys recently I'm just going to talk about the gritty guys.

A type of player Detroit is missing in the system. Rugged Defenseman

Dylan Mcilrath - He's ranked 17 in NA skaters and was voted toughest player in the WHL, which is a difficult feat to reach. Detroit could end up drafting around this spot so taking him would fill a void for sure. An enforcer(a scary one at that) that is good enough to go first round. This would be the pick I would most like to see. He's huge too at 6'4

A few other guys include Radko Gudas. He's been scrapping in the dub but he's from Prague(I think),Tyler Stahl 15 fights this year in the dub 6'3 so he has the size to be mean in the NHL, and Austin Levi from plymouth who could be a potential pick since he's from Farmington Hills. I'm not sure but Patrik Nemeth has some size and is Swedish so he could possibly fit this mold.

I remember someone zoomed in on a list of guys Kenny was scouting or something on TV and Mcilrath was on the list and highlighted so this could very well be a void they are trying to fill this year.

I could actually see Detroit trading up for Mcilrath to be honest.

This guy needs to be a Detroit Red Wing! He is exactly what this team needs, no this is not an anti-European player post, but this guy has Pronger/Hatcher written all over him. The Wings haven't had a guy like this since, hell, don't know when. Maybe Vladdy, but he wasn't a fighter and he definitely was 6'4" (although he played that big most nights.)

Please Holland, get us this guy (if he falls to us) PLEASE!

Actually a few mock drafts have the Wings taking this guy at #19 (if they get that good of pick.) But ya, he would someone worth trading up for. Maybe trading Hudler's rights...

Edited by LeftWinger

McIlrath is the guy who i want the Wings to draft and like you say the real weakness in the sytem is the lack of a big, tough heavy hitting dman. This kid fits the bill real well. From what i have seen of his fights the majority of them start wih him hammering guys into the boards. it would be great if he was still about when we pick because he can play the game aswell, he isn't just some up and coming goon. I refuse to get my hopes up though like i have in the past. We'll just have to wait and see.

This guy needs to be a Detroit Red Wing! He is exactly what this team needs, no this is not an anti-European player post, but this guy has Pronger/Hatcher written all over him. The Wings haven't had a guy like this since, hell, don't know when. Maybe Vladdy, but he wasn't a fighter and he definitely was 6'4" (although he played that big most nights.)

Please Holland, get us this guy (if he falls to us) PLEASE!

Actually a few mock drafts have the Wings taking this guy at #19 (if they get that good of pick.) But ya, he would someone worth trading up for. Maybe trading Hudler's rights...

This would be the best thing Hudler could do for the Red Wings. Get traded for maybe this pick and another one. This guy could be a building block for a new style of Detroit team. Lets say he is the next Hatcher(in his prime hatcher), he could be a guy to replace Nick.

He would be the solution to all the arguments on LGW. No more enforcer threads because we would have one of the heavyweight champs of the league and he also has enough talent to go in the first round of the draft.

The fact that Holland had him highlighted on that sheet of players he was scouted is a pretty good sign. If we go out early in playoffs we have a real legit shot at getting this guy.

:lol: you guys are in a dream land!

This is Ken Holland. Theres probably another undersized half skilled player to add to the massive stock in Grand Rapids where he can play average for about 5 years before fading away into the background.

This is Ken Holland. Theres probably another undersized half skilled player to add to the massive stock in Grand Rapids where he can play average for about 5 years before fading away into the background.

Damnit UK, hold onto hope that Babs can swing Kennys mind a bit. Its not like we're talking about a fighter here, we're talking a first round talent that 5 years down the road will be the toughest in the league and a stellar defender. I don't think even Kenny can turn that down.

If that does happen, I will throw my chair thru the television!!!! The last time the Wings had a a pick in the top 20 they chose Kindl and I about tore my house to shreds in disgust! But that is exactly the type you are referring to and God I hope you are wrong, if this guy gets to the Wings, Holland damn well better take him. With LIDS retiring soon and nobody really that special on the blue-line in GRR to come up, this guy could be a Wing within 2 years. (maybe less)

If that does happen, I will throw my chair thru the television!!!! The last time the Wings had a a pick in the top 20 they chose Kindl and I about tore my house to shreds in disgust! But that is exactly the type you are referring to and God I hope you are wrong, if this guy gets to the Wings, Holland damn well better take him. With LIDS retiring soon and nobody really that special on the blue-line in GRR to come up, this guy could be a Wing within 2 years. (maybe less)

I really don't think theres any way we dont take him if he falls to our pick unless a sniper falls down alot. That being said I doubt we'll have a pick where we can take him, its just really, really, really wishful thinking unfortunately. But since he was highlighted on that list I'll just keep a little hope haha.

I really don't think theres any way we dont take him if he falls to our pick unless a sniper falls down alot. That being said I doubt we'll have a pick where we can take him, its just really, really, really wishful thinking unfortunately. But since he was highlighted on that list I'll just keep a little hope haha.

Take the good with the bad, first round exit, we might get a pick high enough to get him. Stanley Cup we get Haken Pupen out of the Wisterialovakia....

I definitely like Levi, but the Wings would have to grab in in round 2 or 3. I don't think he will last past round 4. He only played 12 games in his first year with Plymouth, but he really ramped it up last year. 116 PIMs, six fights, and 12 points playing behind 1RP Tyler Seguin. I expect he will play a more offensive role this season and really get to show what he's made of on the PP & PK.