• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 GoOzzieGo

GoOzzieGo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Heard that he left the game tonight in the second period and didn't return. Any news?

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Heard that he left the game tonight in the second period and didn't return. Any news?

TSN is reporting injury is unknown at this time http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317084

Hmmm... Maybe we need start making some voodoo dolls again.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Would i be an ass to say, "good?"

:P

Posted Image

#4 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

:rotflmao:

#5 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Regardless of the extent of his injury, there's a good chance he'll be MIA come next week anyways.

#6 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

I heard they may have to remove his heart, he doesn't use it come playoff time anyways !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#7 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

I heard they may have to remove his heart, he doesn't use it come playoff time anyways !

Posted Image
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#8 MagicMan13

MagicMan13

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

I heard he had a case of brain freeze and stone hands that he wanted to make sure he got taken care of before next week...LOL
"He's doing it all, and he's still learning day by day. That's the scary thing."
--- Brett Hull, in the Detroit Free Press, on the play of Pavel Datsyuk

#9 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

I heard he had a case of brain freeze and stone hands that he wanted to make sure he got taken care of before next week...LOL

Yeah. I just hope that Hossa Curse > Bertuzzi Curse.

#10 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

via @NHLBlackhawks:

Coach Q postgame on Hossa: "Nothing serious, should be fine."

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:51 PM

Regardless of the extent of his injury, there's a good chance he'll be MIA come next week anyways.

I know he sucked it up for us last year in the playoffs, but the guy does have 76 points in 97 games with 26 in 20 two playoffs ago. Like it or not, he does show up in the playoffs.

I hope he is out of the playoffs, but not seriously injured so he won't be on the ice when we meet up in the western conference finals :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#12 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

Man would it not be classic for the Wings to eliminate Chicago and Hossa? Hossa deserves to get the wrong end of the stick. He is the reason we didn't win the cup last year. One goal was the difference, in just one of those last two games, and he failed. Hossa, you suck.

#13 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Man would it not be classic for the Wings to eliminate Chicago and Hossa? Hossa deserves to get the wrong end of the stick. He is the reason we didn't win the cup last year. One goal was the difference, in just one of those last two games, and he failed. Hossa, you suck.

Right. It was no one else's fault that the team scored two goals in the last two games.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#14 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

I hope he breaks his leg. I never liked Hossa even when he was with us. He has no loyalty to anyone, he is a sellout to the dollar and a general low class **** in that way. I know that I sound like I am upset he left or whatnot, but I'm not; in fact I'm glad he is gone screw you Marian Horessa I hope you never win a cup.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#15 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Hossa was the best Winger to ever wear a Red Wing sweater.

It was a pleasure to have an actually great player on our team for once.

Edited by Carman, 08 April 2010 - 12:51 AM.

#16 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

Hossa was the best Winger to ever wear a Red Wing sweater.

It was a pleasure to have an actually great player on our team for once.

This.

Am I just not detecting the sarcasm in this thread? You'd have to be retarded to ridicule someone for performing poorly with a rotator cuff injury. Obviously none of you have had one. Do people just ignore the fact that he was hurt? At least the guy attempted to play through the injury, why is nobody ridiculing Datsyuk? Hossa still performed better in the playoffs than most of our roster and the guy was playing with an injury that would've gotten worse after each and every check he took.

Hossa was great for us last year and I wish he was still here.

#17 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

Hossa was the best winger on the Red Wings ever?

Posted Image
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#18 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

This.

Am I just not detecting the sarcasm in this thread? You'd have to be retarded to ridicule someone for performing poorly with a rotator cuff injury. Obviously none of you have had one. Do people just ignore the fact that he was hurt? At least the guy attempted to play through the injury, why is nobody ridiculing Datsyuk? Hossa still performed better in the playoffs than most of our roster and the guy was playing with an injury that would've gotten worse after each and every check he took.

Hossa was great for us last year and I wish he was still here.

I lol'd. He was horrible in the playoffs, injured or not.

Posted Image

#19 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

Yes, it would be classic.

No, he does not deserve to get the wrong end of the stick.

He is part of the reason we didn't win the cup last year, as is the definition of team. Dats, Z, Lids, Pavs, Raffi, all part of the reason we lost. They all failed.

Hossa does not suck.

#20 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

^ He's one of the largest parts and why we didn't win. Osgood and the D did their job. Our offense did not. And who was getting paid 7.45 million a season to score? Hossa. If blame was a cake, Hossa would be eating the biggest piece. That's a fact. He totally choked. And I hope he chokes again. Hossa wants a Cup, but he doesn't want to work for it. He jumped ship to Pittsburgh, he missed his chance. He then jumped to Detroit, he missed his chance. Then he jumped ship to Chicago, and if their is a God, he'll miss his chance again. He doesn't deserve a cup. Maybe when he puts in the time, the work, with a team, who really deserves it, maybe then. But not now.

Chicago doesn't deserve the cup, because they haven't worked hard for it. How does playing poorly for over half a decade, getting handed a slew of premium draft picks for playing badly, suddenly make you a deserving team? Chicago, Washington and Pittsburgh all fall into this category.

If Detroit doesn't win it, I hope a deserving team wins. A team who's consistently played well over the last decade, made the play-offs a few times, been an actual contender. I would be very happy to see a team like Vancouver, or San Jose win. Teams who've consistently made the play-offs, and built their team through smart management and drafting. No s*** Pittsburgh is a good team, they drafted Fleury (1st overall), Malkin (2nd overall), Crosby (1st overall), in back to back to back years. Wow, what a story of success that is. Any team in the league could be good as them with those high picks.

Edited by TheOwl, 08 April 2010 - 02:21 AM.