• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoOzzieGo

Any Word on Hossa's injury?

Rate this topic

^ He's one of the largest parts and why we didn't win. Osgood and the D did their job. Our offense did not. And who was getting paid 7.45 million a season to score? Hossa. If blame was a cake, Hossa would be eating the biggest piece. That's a fact. He totally choked. And I hope he chokes again. Hossa wants a Cup, but he doesn't want to work for it. He jumped ship to Pittsburgh, he missed his chance. He then jumped to Detroit, he missed his chance. Then he jumped ship to Chicago, and if their is a God, he'll miss his chance again. He doesn't deserve a cup. Maybe when he puts in the time, the work, with a team, who really deserves it, maybe then. But not now.

Chicago doesn't deserve the cup, because they haven't worked hard for it. How does playing poorly for over half a decade, getting handed a slew of premium draft picks for playing badly, suddenly make you a deserving team? Chicago, Washington and Pittsburgh all fall into this category.

If Detroit doesn't win it, I hope a deserving team wins. A team who's consistently played well over the last decade, made the play-offs a few times, been an actual contender. I would be very happy to see a team like Vancouver, or San Jose win. Teams who've consistently made the play-offs, and built their team through smart management and drafting. No s*** Pittsburgh is a good team, they drafted Fleury (1st overall), Malkin (2nd overall), Crosby (1st overall), in back to back to back years. Wow, what a story of success that is. Any team in the league could be good as them with those high picks.

The D did their job? $6m+ Raf***ingfalski lets Stalh walk right by him and score THEE shorthanded goal that was the defining moment that turned the series around.

Hossa was a part, and yes a big part, but he was not alone. he had plenty of failed backup.

Losing to Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Finals was a team effort. The Wings were worn out, injured, snake bitten, and generally unable to fend off the charge by the younger, healthier, more excited Penguins.

Whoever hoists The Stanley Cup deserves The Stanley Cup.

I know he sucked it up for us last year in the playoffs, but the guy does have 76 points in 97 games with 26 in 20 two playoffs ago. Like it or not, he does show up in the playoffs.

I hope he is out of the playoffs, but not seriously injured so he won't be on the ice when we meet up in the western conference finals :P

He was a ghost in the finals when we needed him most. I'll never forgive him for that. If he could've played even half as good as his 7.4 million dollar salary dictated we would've won cup #12.

I love Hossa and I'll wholly admit that he blew it in the Finals, being injured and putting way too much pressure on himself to score - he cracked.

Kudos to Seabrook protecting their investment. Good to see him back at it.

He jumped ship to Pittsburgh, he missed his chance. He then jumped to Detroit, he missed his chance. Then he jumped ship to Chicago, and if their is a God, he'll miss his chance again. He doesn't deserve a cup.

He didn't jump ship to Pittsburgh, Atlanta - in true Atlanta form - traded him off at the deadline. He got shipped out of Ottawa the day he re-signed with them in the Heatley trade, you'll have to forgive the man if he turned into a bit of a mercenary. I'm sure you were so upset when he came to Detroit. I can hear you now saying, 'Oh, he jumped ship! How dare he come here, he doesn't deserve a Cup!' I think we can all agree that signs pointed to him wanting to stay here, we just couldn't reach an agreement.

I don't understand the Hossa hate. Sure he's a cup chaser, but so are loads of other players. He did under perform in the playoffs last year, but we all seem to forget he did directly cause a lot of great plays with his speed, size and puck handling ability. He didn't score for us, but he wasn't a ghost.

I don't wish bad on the guy, I just don't want to see the hawks go further than us.

nice sarcasm :)

I was beginning to think no one would catch on :lol:

That said, Hossa was playing with a pretty serious injury that caused him to miss the start of the regular season. A rotator cuff injury for a sniper is a very tough injury. Hossa played great defensively, but just couldn't finish. I understand the Red Wing fans like to just take the easy way out, but Hossa wasn't the main reason for the lack of production, not to mention Hossa actually carried the team through the first couple round and all of the regular season.

It's kind of surprising seeing all the Hossa hate, yet most of the same people don't feel the same way about Hudler who left the freaking NHL and grew up through the team...

I was beginning to think no one would catch on :lol:

That said, Hossa was playing with a pretty serious injury that caused him to miss the start of the regular season. A rotator cuff injury for a sniper is a very tough injury. Hossa played great defensively, but just couldn't finish. I understand the Red Wing fans like to just take the easy way out, but Hossa wasn't the main reason for the lack of production, not to mention Hossa actually carried the team through the first couple round and all of the regular season.

It's kind of surprising seeing all the Hossa hate, yet most of the same people don't feel the same way about Hudler who left the freaking NHL and grew up through the team...

This sums things up nicely.

*puts on Hossa jersey*

^ He's one of the largest parts and why we didn't win. Osgood and the D did their job. Our offense did not. And who was getting paid 7.45 million a season to score? Hossa. If blame was a cake, Hossa would be eating the biggest piece. That's a fact. He totally choked. And I hope he chokes again. Hossa wants a Cup, but he doesn't want to work for it. He jumped ship to Pittsburgh, he missed his chance. He then jumped to Detroit, he missed his chance. Then he jumped ship to Chicago, and if their is a God, he'll miss his chance again. He doesn't deserve a cup. Maybe when he puts in the time, the work, with a team, who really deserves it, maybe then. But not now.

Chicago doesn't deserve the cup, because they haven't worked hard for it. How does playing poorly for over half a decade, getting handed a slew of premium draft picks for playing badly, suddenly make you a deserving team? Chicago, Washington and Pittsburgh all fall into this category.

If Detroit doesn't win it, I hope a deserving team wins. A team who's consistently played well over the last decade, made the play-offs a few times, been an actual contender. I would be very happy to see a team like Vancouver, or San Jose win. Teams who've consistently made the play-offs, and built their team through smart management and drafting. No s*** Pittsburgh is a good team, they drafted Fleury (1st overall), Malkin (2nd overall), Crosby (1st overall), in back to back to back years. Wow, what a story of success that is. Any team in the league could be good as them with those high picks.

How do you think the Wings got good? Being bad for so long is the correct answer. I swear some of you guys are so bitter. Hossa was hurt last year and your making fun of him....wow Hossa didn't put the time or work in? How'd he get to the NHL? Whoever wins the cup deserves it. Everyone is now a little more stupid for having to read that.

Edited by YooperWingMan

Right. It was no one else's fault that the team scored two goals in the last two games.

Apparently not. I mean, according to LGW he was the only player on the ice the last 2 games so everything must be his fault.

Do people just ignore the fact that he was hurt?

Yes. Because if they acknowledge that, they have no one to blame for losing.

Difference is Datsyuk has two Cups.

Hossa's a loser.

So because he has 2 Cups it's OK for him to play poorly while hurt, but that's not allowed for Hossa? If you're using the 2 Cups as proof that Datsyuk's a winner does that proof really matter if he's not scoring? "It's OK that he's not helping the team win now because he has 2 Stanley Cups so obviously he knows how to win. But that Hossa guy has no Cups so he must not know how to win." Hudler and Sammy both had Cups but didn't do much in the Finals, but I guess according to you that's OK because they each have a Cup. The number of Cups shouldn't be an excuse for a poor performance. Maybe I just don't understand, perhaps you could explain that to me.

He was a ghost in the finals when we needed him most. I'll never forgive him for that. If he could've played even half as good as his 7.4 million dollar salary dictated we would've won cup #12.

Usually I agree with you, but not this time. I don't see how you can not forgive him. Yet again, it wasn't all his fault. It's a teams sport. You know he created chances and got assists(3), so obviously he wasn't a ghost. He might not have been able to score, but he was still helping the team. When you're hurt it doesn't matter how much you make, you're still injured. He tried to play trough it and helped the team the best he could despite that. You can also say BOTH Brad Stuart turnovers to Talbot in game 7 just might have been a factor, but yet again, it's so much easier to blame someone not on the team.

I'm sorry I just don't see how some of you can put all the blame on one player. It's a team sport. It doesn't hinge on one player or one game, that's why it's best of 7. Each game is different. 2 goals in the last 2 games isn't a Hossa problem. It's an offense problem and injury problem. You guys question his heart, but he knew what was at stake. He knew the ridicule and embarrassment he'd face if he lost, and you can bet he was doing everything in his power to avoid it. Yeah, maybe you never liked him too much, but for however short a time he was a Wing. It's sad to know how fickle these fans can be. The fans cheering him on during his fight against Ryan Suter last season are the same ones booing him when he has the puck this season. Wings fan truly are spoiled. We're so used to having amazing players that as soon as someone doesn't perform he gets crucified. "I don't care if you have 2 broken legs, I want you to run this race and I expect you to get first. If you don't I'll blame us losing on you." Makes sense right? Whatever, it's not like you guys are gonna think about it any differently, you'll still go on blaming him...rant over.

lol I'd love to see Datsyuk win a cup playing on the Thrashers or Sens for most of his career.

It still boggles my mind that those early-2000's Sens teams could never finish a Cup run.

Guest Trilobite

In other words......

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The D did their job? $6m+ Raf***ingfalski lets Stalh walk right by him and score THEE shorthanded goal that was the defining moment that turned the series around.

Hossa was a part, and yes a big part, but he was not alone. he had plenty of failed backup.

Losing to Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Finals was a team effort. The Wings were worn out, injured, snake bitten, and generally unable to fend off the charge by the younger, healthier, more excited Penguins.

Whoever hoists The Stanley Cup deserves The Stanley Cup.

If you really want to blame a D-Man for the cup lost, look no further than Brad Stuart.

But back on point, He may not have shown up for us, but he did/does for the other teams he played for like it or not.

Hossa.

97 games, 31 goals and 45 assists for 76 points.

Datsyuk

98 games, 22 goals, and 41 assists for 63 points.

Zetterberg

85 games, 39 goals, and 37 assists for 76 points.

You can call Hossa a cup chaser, but he certainly isn't a playoff choker. Unless you want to expand what a playoff choker really is...

Guest screwdahawks

AGREED. Ya think he was squeezing the stick a bit???? That was certainly my impression......

Guest Trilobite

Hossa.

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

You can call Hossa a cup chaser, but he certainly isn't a playoff choker. Unless you want to expand what a playoff choker really is...

yep. Sometimes the stupidity I see here makes me ashamed to be a Wings fan. It's truly spectacular.

Guest mindfly

Hossa.

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Maybe not in his career but he did choke for detroit last season and no one can deny it.

Guest Trilobite

Maybe not in his career but he did choke for detroit last season and no one can deny it.

LOL, yeah the torn rotator cuff had nothing to do with it. Good point Einstein.