• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoOzzieGo

Any Word on Hossa's injury?

Rate this topic

nope. just the so-called "elite" players who want a cup. and if i recall, stevie's injury was a lot worse. to be fair, i don't rightly recall that to be fact. luckily, i was just about to watch the 2002 championship dvd, so i'll check into that.

incidentally, i'm not taking sides on the hossa thing. it was just an observation. i'm not one to make generalizations unless they're humorous in nature...

Eh no problem, I just think it's unfair because not every injury is the same. Some can be played through with just pain, and others like a shoulder can severely impact your strength on the puck.

Eh no problem, I just think it's unfair because not every injury is the same. Some can be played through with just pain, and others like a shoulder can severely impact your strength on the puck.

hmmn, so stevie's knee (which, if i'm not mistaken is an integral part of the legs, which are used to skate on, with the knee taking the brunt of maneuverability) was just a "suck it up" type injury, eh?

just sayin...

(no, i'm not trying to pick a fight with you. but fair is fair, and reality is real)

hmmn, so stevie's knee (which, if i'm not mistaken is an integral part of the legs, which are used to skate on, with the knee taking the brunt of maneuverability) was just a "suck it up" type injury, eh?

just sayin...

(no, i'm not trying to pick a fight with you. but fair is fair, and reality is real)

Depending on the actually ligament damaged on the knee, yes.

There is a good reason why Yzerman was able to rough it out, yet Franzen, or Kronwall had to be out for months.

Guest Trilobite

You know what's cool? Knowing what you're talking about. http://www.mlive.com...and_says_1.html

The TITLE of the article

And:

So yes, I am for real.

Hey dumbass, no one disputes that Hossa came to the Wings with a slightly torn rotator cuff. You seem to be laboring under the mistaken impression that his injury could not have deteriorated over the course of the season/playoffs, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes that he wasn't right against Pittsburgh. The point I was trying to make (and which obviously eluded your pint size brain) is that a lot of s*** happens in 100 games or so, and minor injuries can easily worsen during that time. Especially when you're getting pummelled hard enough to be removed on a stretcher and suffering other massive hits.

Depending on the actually ligament damaged on the knee, yes.

There is a good reason why Yzerman was able to rough it out, yet Franzen, or Kronwall had to be out for months.

well, it was a re-aggravated injury which had him sidelined for a lot of the season, as well as 30 games in the following season after osteotomy...so i guess its 6 of 1, half dozen of the cliche...

i guess it just comes down to opinion. i'll let the board's opinions stand...i'm out of this increasingly asinine discussion.

*puts on the championship dvd*

Hey dumbass, no one disputes that Hossa came to the Wings with a slightly torn rotator cuff. You seem to be laboring under the mistaken impression that his injury could not have deteriorated over the course of the season/playoffs, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes that he wasn't right against Pittsburgh. The point I was trying to make (and which obviously eluded your pint size brain) is that a lot of s*** happens in 100 games or so, and minor injuries can easily worsen during that time. Especially when you're getting pummelled hard enough to be removed on a stretcher and suffering other massive hits.

Unfortunately my "pint sized brain" interpreted

Hossa was injured toward the end of the regular season

and

re-injured himself in the series against the Ducks, BEFORE the SC Finals

as meaning that you were saying that he was injured then. My apologies. Clearly I should have understood that you actually meant "reaggravated an existing injury", something which you in fact came nowhere close to suggesting.

Anyways, back onto the topic of Hossa's current injury.

Edited by Zetts

Guest Trilobite

Unfortunately my "pint sized brain" interpreted

and

as meaning that you were saying that he was injured then. My apologies. Clearly I should have understood that you actually meant "reaggravated an existing injury", something which you in fact came nowhere close to suggesting.

Anyways, back onto the topic of Hossa's current injury.

thank you for apologizing for your stupidity.

Yeah he wasn't right against Pittsburg because it was a big game. Therefore he choked.

So now that its been established that he was hurt during the regular season as well and still scored 40 goals, whats your excuse for your boyfriend choking in the playoffs?

Yeah he wasn't right against Pittsburg because it was a big game. Therefore he choked.

So now that its been established that he was hurt during the regular season as well and still scored 40 goals, whats your excuse for your boyfriend choking in the playoffs?

I don't think it will be Hossa's fault his Chicago team will be swept in 4 games because they don't have a goalie. :cool:

Guest Trilobite

No, actually I was referring to his shying away from contact (the single most reliable indicator that a player is injured to those of us who have actually played hockey) and his much weaker than average shot.

Guest screwdahawks

I think he choked, he opened his mouth and said he came to the Wings to win the cup and didn't want to look like a fool so he felt pressure to score, put a strangle hold on his stick and FAILED..

No, actually I was referring to his shying away from contact (the single most reliable indicator that a player is injured to those of us who have actually played hockey) and his much weaker than average shot.

Yeah, but he was a powerforward player for us in the regular season when he was still hurt. He always used his body to protect the puck etc. The fact that he shyed away in playoffs shows he didn't want it because he did it fine until the end of the regular season. Its weird how as soon as playoffs started his bum shoulder was the complete cause for him playing bad. Excuses are like assholes, everybody has one. The shoulder was Hossa's

Yeah, but he was a powerforward player for us in the regular season when he was still hurt. He always used his body to protect the puck etc. The fact that he shyed away in playoffs shows he didn't want it because he did it fine until the end of the regular season. Its weird how as soon as playoffs started his bum shoulder was the complete cause for him playing bad. Excuses are like assholes, everybody has one. The shoulder was Hossa's

So you can't admit that an injury could get worse? Especially when they are articles of him being taken of on a stretcher?

So you can't admit that an injury could get worse? Especially when they are articles of him being taken of on a stretcher?

Admittedly it's been a while since my last Physiology course, but I think it would be difficult for a hit such as the one he received to aggravate a rotator cuff injury.

Yeah they can obviously get worse, but why was he completely fine until the last game of the season, then the first round comes along and all of a sudden his shoulder has completely deteriorated?

Yeah they can obviously get worse, but why was he completely fine until the last game of the season, then the first round comes along and all of a sudden his shoulder has completely deteriorated?

First round he had 4 points in 4 games...

"excuses are like assholes....there are a ton of them on LGW"

really, can we just get back to rooting for our TEAM to win, instead of focusing on the reasons why ONE INDIVIDUAL didn't?

/reason

First round he had 4 points in 4 games...

2 goals in game 2 when it meant nothing really because the game was won already. Stats aren't everything, just the way he played in general was just totally uninspired. Thats why ppl were on him and not Dats nearly as much.

Those 2 assists aren't hard to get playing on the PP and everything with world class players.

2 goals in game 2 when it meant nothing really because the game was won already. Stats aren't everything, just the way he played in general was just totally uninspired. Thats why ppl were on him and not Dats nearly as much.

Those 2 assists aren't hard to get playing on the PP and everything with world class players.

Then why couldn't Datsyuk at least do the same as the horrible Hossa?

I think its not the fact that Hossa is solely to blame. I think most people are more blaming him for basically falling face first on expectations for the type of player he is paid and is. Hossa is rediculous, unfortunately I live in Chicagoland area and don't have access to other teams so I watch the hawks. Hossa is a very skilled and unique player. The fact he is paid that much means he is supposed to perform in those situations. He was making that much money and struggled in the '09 playoffs especially the finals. The reason people blame him for the loss is that he didn't live up to his reputation, paygrade, and expectations.

Marian Hossa was an outsider coming here to play with our already successful team. He was here for the one year and we knew all along we would not be able to keep him, and now he is playing for a rival city.

It's easier to blame and hate on the rental guy rather than put any responsiblity of failure on our own boys. Its human nature.

Marian Hossa was an outsider coming here to play with our already successful team. He was here for the one year and we knew all along we would not be able to keep him, and now he is playing for a rival city.

It's easier to blame and hate on the rental guy rather than put any responsiblity of failure on our own boys. Its human nature.

another reasoned statement. careful t, we might just start a trend around here....

.... :unsure: ....

ahhh, who the eff am i kidding?

I don't have a problem accepting that our team isn't perfect and can't win the Stanley Cup every year.

But then again I'm better than everyone else...

I don't have a problem accepting that our team isn't perfect and can't win the Stanley Cup every year.

But then again I'm better than everyone else...

Wow, you sound just like Crosby. Maybe you really are him. :hehe:

Kidding, kidding.

Edit: Does anybody actually have any new news on Hossa's current injury?

Edited by Zetts

its april. the only injury news you'll get out of anybody is "he's fine...he's playing", or "he's hurt, but he'll be playing"...unless its serious, in which case you'll hear "we expect him to play very soon".