• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Is anyone else pulling hard for the Blue Shirts?

Rate this topic

Couldn't script this stuff... down to one last weekend, home and home against Philly, essentially deciding the 8th spot... I have faith that Boston will win against Carolina and at least take 1 pt against Buffalo or Wash while those teams rest starters and are already playoff bound...

So that will come down to Philly and NY for the 8th spot - basically a mini-playoff series before the playoffs, should be a great couple of games

I personally hate Phi (Pronger, Carcillo, Lappy, ned I go on?) and am really pulling for NY to pull this off...

I always liked the rangers. I like the flyers colors, but that's it. They're a pack of apes lol.

Go Rangers!

The Flyer's are a joke, almost every player on that team plays with no respect or honor... you don't have to be goons to play physical and stand up for yourself and/or your teammates - look at this years Avalanche, Canucks, Sharks, etc...

I'm pulling for the Rangers and if for no other reason, think it would be a fascinating story:

go into the weekend needing 4 points and making the playoffs on a home and away mini-series...

exciting hockey.

I love the Flyers and hate the Rangers... I also dislike the Bruins but not as much as the Rangers... So I'll be cheering for the Rangers to miss the playoffs, but the problem with Philly is that they will probably get nowhere anyway. But still rather see them in ;)

Can't stand the Flyers unless they're playing the Pens.

I always liked the Rangers, good Original 6 team with a good history, despite their management/laziness problems. Definitely want to see them squeak into the playoffs, though I doubt they go past round 1.

either way it will make for some exciting hockey this weekend. I agree with many that I like Philly against the Pens, but that is about it. Would love to see the Rangers make a final push.

I've seen the Flyers play live, so I have a soft spot for them. You guys may not like some of their players, but can you honestly say that you wouldn't like a guy like Lappy on our fourth line? I hope they make it - if only because the Rangers were dumb to let go of Betts, and the Flyers were smart to pick him up.

Philly is a team that seems built for the grinding style of the playoffs, but I think that their problem is that they go a bit overboard. I just get the impression that when playing teams like Pittsburgh they get so caught up in needing to play physically and send messages that they actually lose sight of the goal - namely, win the game. However (with a few notable exceptions) Carcillo has shown that he can toe the line better than he has in the past, they have added solid defensive forwards (Betts and Lappy), and Pronger (despite what you have to say about him) is still a great player and can hopefully provide some leadership (something that Richards sometimes seems to struggle with).

And, of course, they have Ville 'Jay' Leino waiting in the wings...

I'm hoping Philly makes it. While I don't expect the Flyers to make a deep playoff run (nor the Rangers, for that matter), I do think their physical style of play will wear on their opponents and make them more prone to lose later in the postseason. If the Wings make it to the Finals, I would prefer they verse at team that had to take on the Flyers more than a team that had to take on the Rangers.

i'd like to see the flyers miss the playoffs because they're assholes. lappy's hit on helm pretty much sums up the flyers style of play on a nightly basis. even richards, one of my favorite players takes runs at guys and plays too wrecklessly.

and whoever plays the pens right now has a good shot anyways, cause the pens can't beat any of the good teams not named the sabres. they aren't the team that won the cup last year.

west is taking the cup this year.

they should just give the islanders the playoff spot to piss off the other teams' fans

:lol: I figure that Bettman will just call it a tie between the two teams and since he can't decide who should get in will just give a second playoff spot to the Penguins. :hehe:

Edited by Frozen-Man

Nothing good will ever happen to the Flyers. Their players play like assholes, their management is made up of assholes, and their fans cheer like big assholes. They play a mean, dirty style of hockey which may be entertaining at times, but is most often reckless.

I truly believe in the saying 'what goes around, comes around'.

I like the rangers. I don't believe they deserve to be in the playoffs this year but I want them in there anyway just because I want to see Lundqvist put on a show. Gaborik is fun to watch.

edit: spelling

Edited by hak