• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lidstromboli

Larry Murphy appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

80035.jpg

He may not be the best broadcaster out there. Hell, he's probably the most awkward person I've ever seen on television. But damn it if he isn't one of the most entertaining, whether it's because he's soused up all the time or not. His love of cheap hot dogs and curly fries is something we can all relate with. He was a pretty good defenseman too. :thumbup:

I've always thought if only Murph could've skated better, he would've been absolutely sick as a player. Obviously you don't get into the HOF for nothing, but still. Best partner Nick ever had, imo.

As a broadcaster, yeah he's AWKWARD as can be but he's in the absolute best spot he could be in. You have to think that Murph is exactly where he wants to be in Detroit and that makes a heck of a difference, it really makes a guy like-able above all else.

Larry Murphy, you have been appreciated!

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the most awkward person on TV, because I'd say John Keating takes that cake, as well as the most cringe-inducing commentary...I've ever seen...and with the...strangeness that he has, it's something to say that is isn't, well... ...awkward, all the time. Back in a moment! ---that was my best attempt at typing out in the same style he speaks...

Murph has a face made for radio, but he is entertaining. I cringe a little when he takes Mickey's place in the booth for road trips, not because Murph is bad but because Mickey is so good. He is as knowledgeable as any former player turned broadcaster, he has a good sense of humor, doesn't take himself too seriously, and for the most part calls it like it is without a lot of blatant homerism, which is more than can be said for other team's broadcasters and the so-called national announcers.

Larry Murphy, you have my appreciation.

Murph has a face made for radio, but he is entertaining. I cringe a little when he takes Mickey's place in the booth for road trips, not because Murph is bad but because Mickey is so good. He is as knowledgeable as any former player turned broadcaster, he has a good sense of humor, doesn't take himself too seriously, and for the most part calls it like it is without a lot of blatant homerism, which is more than can be said for other team's broadcasters and the so-called national announcers.

Larry Murphy, you have my appreciation.

I'm not sure I agree with you regarding Mickey as a homer - in my eyes he is a complete homer. However, he isn't biased towards any team, just more towards a certain style of play (and against certain types of equipment). But who would have it any other way? Heaven forfend, FSD could have that pair of NESN announcers who do Boston's games or Nashville's...