• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

Not really including songs from a comedy album or anything. Just normal songs that aren't really meant to be funny, but they crack you up anyways. lol

Starting things off with a song that always gives me a good laugh.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#2 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

This one!!

I'm Awesome by Spose. :P

#3 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

Oh, my! I have that Informer tape! I'd forgotten all about it.

How about...

What's a Guy Gotta Do to Get a Girl in this Town?

or...
Bobbi With an I

Edit because I couldn't get them to embed.
Second edit because I can't spell.

Edited by 55fan, 09 April 2010 - 08:21 AM.

#4 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Bobbi with an I is hilarious! But both of those are pretty good for a smile.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#5 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

55, those are both good. I feel bad for the guy in the Joe Nichols video. :lol:

I think of Crosby for this one.
I Pray For You

I'm not a guy, but I still think this song is hilarious. Especially the last verse.
I'm Still A Guy
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Forgot about I'm still a guy. That one's a riot.

I'll Pray for You bothers me. I just want to slap them.

#7 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

I'll Pray for You bothers me. I just want to slap them.

Yeah, I heard that some criticisms of the song was that it was too mean/violent, but since it's all in good fun, I don't mind.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, I heard that some criticisms of the song was that it was too mean/violent, but since it's all in good fun, I don't mind.

I'm old. I actually ponder the message of songs like that. It pretty much violates every "love your neighbour as yourself" and "forgive your enemies" and all of those Sunday School things but gives the impression that it is the way the pastor told him to live out his faith.

He obviously didn't pay attention to the "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". Meaning: We ask God to forgive us in the same way and manner as we forgive others. Frankly, he's screwed.

#9 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

He obviously didn't pay attention to the "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". Meaning: We ask God to forgive us in the same way and manner as we forgive others. Frankly, he's screwed.

Oh my gosh I know! I think of that every time. How can you not forgive others for something when your own forgiveness cost so much? But with the song I totally didn't expect it to go in that direction. I thought it was funny more for how outrageous the stuff he was praying for was than for why he was praying for it.

I'm trying to think of other funny songs, but all the ones I can think of are country...

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, country songs seem to be funny. Have you ever heard this one?
Dropkick Me, Jesus, Through the Goalposts of Life

For some reason, since we got this new set-up, I haven't figured out how to embed.

Edited by 55fan, 11 April 2010 - 01:45 PM.

#11 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Oh my gosh I know! I think of that every time. How can you not forgive others for something when your own forgiveness cost so much? But with the song I totally didn't expect it to go in that direction. I thought it was funny more for how outrageous the stuff he was praying for was than for why he was praying for it.

I'm trying to think of other funny songs, but all the ones I can think of are country...

Country songs are the best, go ahead and list them. I just thought of one, That's What You Get When You Play A Country Song Backwards by Rascal Flatts, I can't find a link right now to share the song but I love it.

[url="http://<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDyqN16x30A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDyqN16x30A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"]Backwards[/url]

Here's my attempt at posting a link.

Edited by WizardOfOz30, 11 April 2010 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#12 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Country songs are the best, go ahead and list them. I just thought of one, That's What You Get When You Play A Country Song Backwards by Rascal Flatts, I can't find a link right now to share the song but I love it.

[url="http://<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDyqN16x30A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDyqN16x30A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"]Backwards[/url]

Here's my attempt at posting a link.

That's the embed info in a url sandwich. I can't get it to work either. <sigh> Someday.

Here's a link to Dawn's song.

Edited by 55fan, 11 April 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#13 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Karen! I had just figured out how to link things with the old board and now I still can't figure it out.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#14 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

Sorry to those who I've offended...

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 12 April 2010 - 01:21 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#15 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

For all you folks who hate dieting...

#16 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:01 AM

Hail to the "Victors"...

What's funny about that? Despite Rich Rod's horrible first 2 years, Michigan is still has by far the highest winning percentage in college football history. And also, still owns Ohio State in the all time head to head record. OSU has had a good last 6 years against them, but even counting recent history of the past 30 years Michigan still owns OSU. So yeah, don't really see the humor in their fight song. Oh and btw, I went to Michigan State, so it's not like im hyping my home school or something. Get a clue buddy.

This next song also used to crack me up back in the day. And it definitely still does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx64_N4AA04

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#17 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

What's funny about that? Despite Rich Rod's horrible first 2 years, Michigan is still has by far the highest winning percentage in college football history. And also, still owns Ohio State in the all time head to head record. OSU has had a good last 6 years against them, but even counting recent history of the past 30 years Michigan still owns OSU. So yeah, don't really see the humor in their fight song. Oh and btw, I went to Michigan State, so it's not like im hyping my home school or something. Get a clue buddy.

Blah blah blah. It was a joke aimed at some of the Michigan fans I consider to be friends on here.

You must get nosebleeds, up there so high and all.

And a lot of Bloodhound Gang songs are pretty funny. Immature, but funny.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 12 April 2010 - 01:41 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#18 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, country songs seem to be funny. Have you ever heard this one?
Dropkick Me, Jesus, Through the Goalposts of Life

Lol. I didn't think there was a way to combine the three things I love; Jesus, country music, and sports! That's a cute little song, but I don't get why you'd want Jesus to drop kick you. :huh:

Ain't it the truth. By the end of country songs the poor people have lost everything. That song's a funny take on it.

Life's a beach

#19 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Ain't it the truth. By the end of country songs the poor people have lost everything. That song's a funny take on it.

Life's a beach

I think Blake's hair is pretty funny in that video too. :) Great song.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#20 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

at a medium pace by

Adam Sandler
naked is a state of mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users